Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets fans > Giants fans

Jets fans > Giants fans

Ask 100 Giants fans who their starting Left Guard is. 80 of them will tell you they don't know and then say "Go G-men!"

Ask 100 Jets fans who their starting Left Guard is and 100 of them will tell you Matt Slauson and look at you like you're from Mars for even asking the question.

I grew up in Jersey and actually rooted for both teams until college. Been to games for both teams and let me tell the Giants game I went to the loudest thing in the stadium was somebody's cell phone. I went to Jets games in the early to mid 90's dark ages and it was a capacity stadium full of psychos screaming their lungs off.

F the Giants organization and their fans. What, I'm supposed to feel inferior because they're lucky to have Jerry Reese as their GM while we're stuck with Tannylicious and the Tebow wildcat?

Jets Insider VIP
    J

Jets Insider VIP
    E

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

love this. essentially applies to Met v Yankee fans too. only thing missing is the Met/Jet fan telling you how much the fourth outfielder/LG sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Ask 100 Giants fans who their starting Left Guard is. 80 of them will tell you they don't know and then say "Go G-men!"

Ask 100 Jets fans who their starting Left Guard is and 100 of them will tell you Matt Slauson and look at you like you're from Mars for even asking the question.

I grew up in Jersey and actually rooted for both teams until college. Been to games for both teams and let me tell the Giants game I went to the loudest thing in the stadium was somebody's cell phone. I went to Jets games in the early to mid 90's dark ages and it was a capacity stadium full of psychos screaming their lungs off.

F the Giants organization and their fans. What, I'm supposed to feel inferior because they're lucky to have Jerry Reese as their GM while we're stuck with Tannylicious and the Tebow wildcat?
    You are now being ridiculous. My Giant fan friends are some of the most knowledgeable people I know when it comes to football. As far as Bean Counter goes, you are spot on.

Giants > Jets

Rookie
    Giants and yankees are more well known franchises. Meaning much larger fan bases, meaning it is a lot easier for them to attract the casual fan. i.e the fan that knows less about sports. There are probably just as many die hards for the jets and giants. Probably more diehard yankees than mets fans. But the yankees and giants also attract the people that don't care about sports because they are model franchises that attract casual fans. Can't really complain about that.

Bewildered Beast
    Fear the Beard!

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

If you didn't feel inferior in any way, there would have been absolutely 0 need to create a post like this.

Go to any Giants message board, and the absolute last thing you will see are posts about the Jets, unless they are being made fun of.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocityvirus View Post

Go to any Giants message board, and the absolute last thing you will see are posts about the Jets, unless they are being made fun of.
    Maybe I'm wrong but isnt that exactly what this thread is doing here at JI?

Veteran
    Fun, hate, anger, ... same story.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but isnt that exactly what this thread is doing here at JI?

What are you able to make fun of about the Giants right now?

Jets Insider VIP
    Well there was that big slob in his Eli shirt performing his brilliant penis dance routine in the UD recently

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

There may have been a difference between Jets and Giants fans at one point. There isn't one now.

They are the same people, the same demographics and, at times, the same family. There are dirtbags rooting for both teams, there are fair weather fans on both sides as well. And both have their share of diehards. The tenor of the respective fanbases has to do with the teams' performances.

I grew up with Giants Season Tix. I've seen people get bloodied in countless fights, I've seen people have beer dumped on them by others, just for fun at spiral D as well as taking a golf ball to the face. To say that Jet fans are less classy than Giant fans is absurd. They are both equally as class-less after drinking too much.

And they both have a substantial amount of their fans leave before the game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    There may have been a difference between Jets and Giants fans at one point. There isn't one now.

They are the same people, the same demographics and, at times, the same family. There are dirtbags rooting for both teams, there are fair weather fans on both sides as well. And both have their share of diehards. The tenor of the respective fanbases has to do with the teams' performances.

I grew up with Giants Season Tix. I've seen people get bloodied in countless fights, I've seen people have beer dumped on them by others, just for fun at spiral D as well as taking a golf ball to the face. To say that Jet fans are less classy than Giant fans is absurd. They are both equally as class-less after drinking too much.

And they both have a substantial amount of their fans leave before the game is over.
    How dare you make sense.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    How dare you make sense.
    Dat's my moderback!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    How dare you make sense.
    Wrong forum, sorry. The Politics forum is the sense makin' one.