Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets fans > Giants fans

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    You are now being ridiculous. My Giant fan friends are some of the most knowledgeable people I know when it comes to football. As far as Bean Counter goes, you are spot on.
    I have proof jets fans are not better than giants fans. Exhibit A: rextilleon

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the skinny: If you are a team that is not considered a winning team, you have a rabid base of knowledgeable fans. If you are considered a winning team, you add more fans, and the fans you add are not knowledgeable about the team. They are front-running fair-weather fans who have zero loyalty and just want to feel like a "winner".

Just ask any of the longtime Pats fans who troll this board. If they suffered through the 70's and 80's hopelessly rooting for the Pats, I would imagine they have a certain degree of disdain for the "new" fans the Pats added after starting their run of SB appearances. Point in fact, these idiots boo'd the Pats at home in a close game against a division rival.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask 100 Jets fans who their LG is and 100 of them will say he sucks

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess there are many posts like this on the Giant site most likely not because it is gay.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 10-26-2012 at 02:43 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giant fans are very fortunate that their mediocre 9-7, 10-6 teams backed up their blind homerism in 2007 and 2011. They act like they know all, when reality is their team pulled out 2 of the more surprising title runs in NFL history that was not hinted at in any way during the regular seasons. I can't stand how obnoxious they are, I can't stand that they think Eli is the best QB in the league (because of his comebacks), and I really can't stand the numerous breaks they got on those title runs (Tyree helmet catch, Williams fumbles twice, etc.). Lucky a.s.s. team

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Giant fans are very fortunate that their mediocre 9-7, 10-6 teams backed up their blind homerism in 2007 and 2011. They act like they know all, when reality is their team pulled out 2 of the more surprising title runs in NFL history that was not hinted at in any way during the regular seasons. I can't stand how obnoxious they are, I can't stand that they think Eli is the best QB in the league (because of his comebacks), and I really can't stand the numerous breaks they got on those title runs (Tyree helmet catch, Williams fumbles twice, etc.). Lucky a.s.s. team
    Up until the Giants beat the Cowboys in the playoffs, there were numerous calls to have Eli replaced.

After that, its hard to call for your Super Bowl winning QB to be benched. Also, Eli got good too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Up until the Giants beat the Cowboys in the playoffs, there were numerous calls to have Eli replaced.

After that, its hard to call for your Super Bowl winning QB to be benched. Also, Eli got good too.
    Eli is very good now, but not the best QB in the league. Comebacks are nice and all, but usually the Giants are losing in the first place because of his poor play earlier in the game.

Insane that the same year Giant fans wanted Eli replaced and Coughlin fired, they end up winning the SB. Romo, Favre, and Brady should be ashamed of themselves for losing to that team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    There may have been a difference between Jets and Giants fans at one point. There isn't one now.

They are the same people, the same demographics and, at times, the same family. There are dirtbags rooting for both teams, there are fair weather fans on both sides as well. And both have their share of diehards. The tenor of the respective fanbases has to do with the teams' performances.

I grew up with Giants Season Tix. I've seen people get bloodied in countless fights, I've seen people have beer dumped on them by others, just for fun at spiral D as well as taking a golf ball to the face. To say that Jet fans are less classy than Giant fans is absurd. They are both equally as class-less after drinking too much.

And they both have a substantial amount of their fans leave before the game is over.
    how dare you bring a modicum of sense to this trainwreck of a thread? I ask again... How dare you???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Ask 100 Giants fans who their starting Left Guard is. 80 of them will tell you they don't know and then say "Go G-men!"

Ask 100 Jets fans who their starting Left Guard is and 100 of them will tell you Matt Slauson and look at you like you're from Mars for even asking the question.

I grew up in Jersey and actually rooted for both teams until college. Been to games for both teams and let me tell the Giants game I went to the loudest thing in the stadium was somebody's cell phone. I went to Jets games in the early to mid 90's dark ages and it was a capacity stadium full of psychos screaming their lungs off.

F the Giants organization and their fans. What, I'm supposed to feel inferior because they're lucky to have Jerry Reese as their GM while we're stuck with Tannylicious and the Tebow wildcat?
    I'll further that ....my daughter married a GIANTS fan. She comments how non passionate they are. she tells me the emotion And passion she feels at the Charlotte JETS bar is by far superior to any thing she has experienced at a GIANTS game.

JETS fans are passionate if nothing else.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It requires some degree of intelligence to root for a team that hasn't won a championship since 1969.

The Jets fanbase may be perceived as dumber or less classy this year because of the Tebow-ites masquerading as "Jets fans" simply because we have him. Just look at the Jets Facebook page; dozens of poorly written wall posts/recommendations- "Start Tebow", "TEBOWTEBOWTEBOW", "Why isn't Tim Tebow playing?", when the majority of the users writing that are Gators fans. Meanwhile, the more constructive posts on the page, even the ones suggesting that Tebow see more time are written by actual Jets fans.