Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Gen. Powell endorses Obama because he's black, says Romney campaign chairman

  1. #21
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,489
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    what's your question?
    None, just confused why you are answering your own questions so vociferously.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,758
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    No, but we will for Romney Campaign Chairman John Sununu. Same guy who said Obama "needs to learn how to be an American"
    First of all he is not Romneys campaign chairman.

    And maybe Obama does need to learn how to be an American. In America we compromise and work together. What has he done besides drive a wedge between both parties. That was Sununus point.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    He was a scumbag tabloid publisher in the UK who broke news stories by tapping citizens' voicemail accounts
    Forgot he was the editor at News of the World. Either way, his show is awful. I don't understand why CNN thinks it's a good idea to have a Brit host in primetime. Actually I do understand, CNN is a mess.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-26-2012 at 12:25 AM.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    I'd guess that they voted for him in the primaries mostly because he is black, but they voted for him in the presidential election because he isn't a republican.

  5. #25
    I just heard an advisor to the Romney campaign say he felt that he could take Nevada because Mormons are excited to vote for a Mormon president.


    I wait with bated breath for the right to have an issue with that demo breakdown.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I just heard an advisor to the Romney campaign say he felt that he could take Nevada because Mormons are excited to vote for a Mormon president.


    I wait with bated breath for the right to have an issue with that demo breakdown.
    I think you're getting your sides confused.

    The right are the ones saying blacks DID vote for Obama b/c he was black, so why would they be surprised if Mormons voted for a Mormon?

    It's the left (at least in this thread) who are so "offended" by the thought that race would play a role in someone's voting decision . . .

  7. #27
    To say that the Obama election of 2008 had nothing to do with his race is just naive. Many first time voters came out to vote for him because he was black. These are the facts.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    and Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and John Kerry all got 85-90% of the black vote because?
    How much of the black vote did Hillary Clinton get among registered Democrats?
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 10-26-2012 at 08:06 AM.

  9. #29
    Last edited by HessStation; 10-26-2012 at 08:07 AM.

  10. #30
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    The first JewScot that runs....he or she's got my vote.

    Paprika!

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think Powell stated in 2008, when he first voted for Obama, that he liked the idea of voting for a black president.

    That is his prerogative. You can vote for whoever you want for whatever reason you want. And Obama getting 90+ percent of the black vote isn't bc his policies are good.
    In fairness virtually every democrat candidate regardless of race gets 90% of the black vote.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I just heard an advisor to the Romney campaign say he felt that he could take Nevada because Mormons are excited to vote for a Mormon president.


    I wait with bated breath for the right to have an issue with that demo breakdown.
    See my previous post. Mormons vote overwhelmingly Republican regardless of the candidate.

  13. #33
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,965
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    The first JewScot that runs....he or she's got my vote.

    Paprika!
    At least we know the budget will be brought under control















    -

  14. #34
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,953
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    At least we know the budget will be brought under control















    -
    Thrify Austerity to say the least.

    Gefilte fish Haggis and Oats and for one and all?

  15. #35
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Many first time voters came out to vote for him because he was black. These are the facts.
    And many of them hadnt walked the earth in years.


    -

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    In fairness virtually every democrat candidate regardless of race gets 90% of the black vote.
    True but it appears the 10% who don't are hated when it's against a black guy. Like EVERYBODY in every race didn't wonder about that when they saw Powell's endorsement. Even more so when you heard his reasoning.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    True but it appears the 10% who don't are hated when it's against a black guy. Like EVERYBODY in every race didn't wonder about that when they saw Powell's endorsement. Even more so when you heard his reasoning.
    Unfortunately it takes a very brave African American to come out for anyone other then Barack or in a larger sense anyone that isn't a Democrat. That's just how things are I suppose. Look what happened to that actress from clueless.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Unfortunately it takes a very brave African American to come out for anyone other then Barack or in a larger sense anyone that isn't a Democrat. That's just how things are I suppose. Look what happened to that actress from clueless.
    See post#29 in thread.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,356
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Forgot he was the editor at News of the World. Either way, his show is awful. I don't understand why CNN thinks it's a good idea to have a Brit host in primetime. Actually I do understand, CNN is a mess.
    No, its because all you libs blamed Rupert Murdoch for it.

    I know...I know.... you guys do so many character assassinations you can't be expected to remember all the details of every one.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    No, its because all you libs blamed Rupert Murdoch for it.

    I know...I know.... you guys do so many character assassinations you can't be expected to remember all the details of every one.
    Not that the hacking scandal was something I cared much about, but placing responsibility for crimes that occurred at his corporation. Who would do such a thing?
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-26-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us