Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen. Powell endorses Obama because he's black, says Romney campaign chairman

I know this forum has gotten too :serious business: when I can't even get a chuckle for "Gefilte Fish Haggis".

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    You don't think Gen. Powell has earned more respect than that? In announcing his endorsement he laid out why he came to the decision he did.

I don't believe anyone questioned if Sen. Lieberman supported Sen. McCain because he was white.
    DUDE..get off your high horse. 95 percent of blacks will vote OBAMA....

They must ALL likemhismplan for jobs.

Powell is different? Are you racist ?
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 10-26-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    No, its because all you libs blamed Rupert Murdoch for it.

I know...I know.... you guys do so many character assassinations you can't be expected to remember all the details of every one.

yeah, only the right are allowed to place blame at the "boss" re: fast & Furious. When it's a conservative though it gets pushed onto the underlings....

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    See my previous post. Mormons vote overwhelmingly Republican regardless of the candidate.
    My point exactly. Are there some who go out to vote for whoever represents their demographic, of course. But to claim that going from what I remember was around 93% for Kerry and 96% for Obama is not earth shattering.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    True but it appears the 10% who don't are hated when it's against a black guy. Like EVERYBODY in every race didn't wonder about that when they saw Powell's endorsement. Even more so when you heard his reasoning.

That goes both ways, the guy who bear hugged Obama got so-called "online hatred". It isn't a left right thing, it's a stupid person thing.

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    My point exactly. Are there some who go out to vote for whoever represents their demographic, of course. But to claim that going from what I remember was around 93% for Kerry and 96% for Obama is not earth shattering.
    In a Country where most other groups go at mpst to a 60/40 split, a 96/4 split IS somewhat earth shattering. More so (not less) that such a split is a regular, ongoing, political reality.

I'm curious (and I wish we had more black posters in here to offer their insight) as to what, specificly and in terms of policy, the (D) Party offers to the black community that weds them to (D) so loyally, and in such an unquestionable majority (96%).

I mean, we poll an average population, I doubt we could get 90% to agree water is wet. But black voters consitently vote (D) at 90%+ every election cycle.

So what is the attraction?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    In a Country where most other groups go at mpst to a 60/40 split, a 96/4 split IS somewhat earth shattering. More so (not less) that such a split is a regular, ongoing, political reality.

I'm curious (and I wish we had more black posters in here to offer their insight) as to what, specificly and in terms of policy, the (D) Party offers to the black community that weds them to (D) so loyally, and in such an unquestionable majority (96%).

I mean, we poll an average population, I doubt we could get 90% to agree water is wet. But black voters consitently vote (D) at 90%+ every election cycle.

So what is the attraction?
    I agree that overall it is an amazing statistic. I was merely saying the bump Obama got is not.

I can only speculate on a number of reasons why that stat is the way it is.

The only thing close is white evangelicals voting R (something like 75%).