Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RB...

Practice Squad
    Wouldn't mind inquiring about Chris Ivory from the Saints...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Because he is a free agent, who struggles as an every down back in the NFL and can easily be replaced by a rookie or younger player who makes less money then it would take to resign him.

RB is the most easily replaced position in the league....and greene has a skill set that is increasingly useless in todays game. I cant see how he is on the roster in 2013.
    Agreed, hard to see Greene being on the team next year unless he wants to take a very modest salary. He's very replaceable.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Agreed, hard to see Greene being on the team next year unless he wants to take a very modest salary. He's very replaceable.
    Greene will also turn 28 years old next August.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Very true. That's one thing Chad was really good at. They have to get that straightened out.
    Its not the QB its the design and the spacing. Giants and Falcons are equally bad. Giants have gotten SLIGHTLY better at this but the Falcons are horrible at RB screens. They throw some decent receiver screens however,

Its usually never with the QB its with the design, spacing, and set up. If the patience and mobility is there with the line and RB its cake for any QB. We've had some nice screens set up but the blocking slips out too early and leaves Sanchez with 2 guys too close for him to get anything off. We're almost there with the screen game ...

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Greene will also turn 28 years old next August.
    next year if we don't trade a 4th and a player or something to take a RB and Receiver in the first round ... and then worry about TE and linebackers after .... we'll look like idiots.

The entire draft should arguably be dedicated to offense, provided they can resign Landry and not kill their cap.

Honestly, I really like Jawan Jamison. He's local, is a probable 2nd or 3rd rounder. He's small but so is Rice and Rice is one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL (it's really on the Ravens for trying to let Flacco win games instead of just feeding Rice gratuitously).

It's funny because as mediocre as the Big East is, Rutgers produces good pros.

Jamison could fall even lower, but he probably will be coming out because he could lose his slot to Huggins next year. I mean Huggins was supposed to start this year.

It's time to stop dicking around and start feeding McKnight the ball as well.

If he fumbles, you deal with it, but he's by far the most explosive RB and isn't a terrible inside runner either. He's definitely showing toughness playing through a high ankle sprain.

how many of these rbs do you think go in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Marcus Lattimore
    Joseph Randle
    Eddy Lacy
    Andre Ellington
    Giovanni Bernard

Draft one of these guys
    Be surprised if more than 1 go in the first round. Common draft theory is unless you'd be getting another AP you can draft them after rd 3!.

All Pro
    The best way to get a top running back is to draft one. Paying for RBs in free agency is a bad investment IMO. If you want to get a cheaper #2 or 3 back in FA thats fine, but if you want a true #1 feature back, you draft them.

For a team that has come out and said it is all about running the ball, they certainly have not placed an importance on getting a true feature back.
    I do believe they drafted their top 3 backs, and one was stolen off the practice squad. The way to get a top back is to get a whole lot of them, and develop one. Like QBs, RBs are very hard to pick because they have so much room in college. They don't block, or read complicated blocking schemes. They run over people or past them. Someone must know the % of 1st round backs, that live up to the hype. I'd guess around 20%.

In order to run a screen well you have to practice them, and then run them all the time in games. The Jets run 1 or 2 per game, and of all the play by play on ESPN, and NFL network, and through all the tweets, and KRL reports I have yet to hear of us practicing screens.

Greene has looked like a different back the past two games. Maybe the new blocking scheme is slowing down for him, or maybe he really is a slow starter. Maybe it's more Keller, and Hillard, and less Cumberland, and Conner. He drop one pass Sunday, but he also looked pretty natural making a couple very difficult catches on the run, so that is improvement.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 10-26-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post
    Be surprised if more than 1 go in the first round. Common draft theory is unless you'd be getting another AP you can draft them after rd 3!.
    LOL

I only expect Lattimore to get picked in the 1st round

All Pro
    I'm not satisfied with Greene as the starter long term. But I don't think drafting a RB in the 1st round in 2013 is a smart idea -- unless it's some can't miss superstar and he's hands down the BPA.

That said, I'm all for taking another back next year with a middle/late pick... Chris Thompson from Florida State (who just tore his ACL) should be available later on because of his injury. Has some Leon in his game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Shonn Greene should be the Jets starting RB for the next 5 years. He is very good and will get even better. McK Powell and Hillard are a good group
    A RB. Is not a priority in the draft or in FA

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Shonn Greene should be the Jets starting RB for the next 5 years. He is very good and will get even better. McK Powell and Hillard are a good group
    A RB. Is not a priority in the draft or in FA

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    5 years? No.

Unless Greene improves drastically, he should not be the starter beyond next year. They should absolutely start looking for a better option.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    LOL

I only expect Lattimore to get picked in the 1st round
    Looks like Lattimore will no longer be a first round pick. Kid has bad luck with injuries. I feel bad for him, he looked devastated when carted off the field.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 10-27-2012 at 01:20 PM.

All League
    Looks like Lattimore will no longer be a first round pick. Kid has bad luck with injuries. I feel bad for him, he looked devastated when carted off the field.
    I wish him luck. He might have lost millions today....

first off the jets have played 3 good games in a row and they probably should have gone 2-1 instead of 1-2. the running is getting better because the oline play is getting better. that's the key to any run game and it doesn't matter if it's shaun greene or earl campbell. the big problem i see with greene is he's always getting nicked up and can't stay on the field. he has shown some decent hands and some ability in the open field. maybe not as good as the jets need but good enough for now. mcknight needs more touches but he too gets nicked up and can't stay on the field.

next season is too far off right now.

I like Jawan Jamison in round 3 or 4 depending on how he does at the combine.

I want to see more healthy McKnight this year, though.

Please check this out:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=2340246

Going into USC this guy was arguably as desired as Reggie Bush was coming out of Mission Viejo. He was the #1 HS RB coming out in 2007. He ran a 4.3 at the combine.

He could be very, very good. Whether as a complement to a grinder (one better than Greene) or as a feature in a spread offense.

I think he's showing some serious balls playing through a high ankle sprain and still being productive, too.

I am a firm believer that your offense should be based around getting your best/most explosive player the ball as much as possible.

If they really want to do a ground and pound, there's nobody, even with Holmes healthy, outside of Rookie Steven Hill with more physical attributes than McKnight and it's a damned travesty that they won't give him the ball more. And not necessarily just on runs. This guy can really shred a blitz off a screen. He just doesn't get the opportunities he needs to.