Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 10/26

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 11:53 AM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Full blown dance party in the #jets locker room today. Team is in good spirits #nyj

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 11:59 AM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    "He's still a young guy so we can mess with him," Bell said of Tannehill. #jets #nyj

I love how every thread has turned into a SOJF witch hunt. Who's moderating this board? Joseph McCarthy?

Last week's loss was a classic Same Old Jets collapse. Anyone who thinks otherwise has the blinds closed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    I love how every thread has turned into a SOJF witch hunt. Who's moderating this board? Joseph McCarthy?

Last week's loss was a classic Same Old Jets collapse. Anyone who thinks otherwise has the blinds closed.
    All teams lose games, a lot of time in heart breaking fashion.

Get over this SOJ nonsense.

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 0:02 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Powell said he did a little at practice today but wouldn't talk about the shoulder or whether he was playing. #jets #nyj

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 0:11 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Injury report: Scott sitting out, again: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Bart Scott was not on the field for the Jets... http://t.co/mUhYl9TH #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    All teams lose games, a lot of time in heart breaking fashion.

Get over this SOJ nonsense.
    Agreed, every team loses heartbreakers and tough games. Only most of those teams have been to the SB in the last 43 years.

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 0:45 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Cromartie said he would rather not say what he really thought of Bush's remarks RE: Revis. #Jets #nyj

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 0:47 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Ellis, Powell, Scott are doubtful for Sunday vs dolphins. McKnight didn't practice, but it questionable. Pouha, Smith, Mangold are ques

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 0:49 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    "I think Sione will play," Ryan said. #jets #nyj

JetsInsider.com (@JetsInsider) tweeted at 0:50 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Rex says Trufant played great last week against Welker, roles change weekly depending on matchups but says we could see more time at nickel

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I get teammates standing up for their 'guys' but someone really ought to take this guy's glue away. Tannehill had a good game or two, but he's got 4 TDs and 6 Ints and a 76.5 rating.

RGIII isn't just a lock for rookie of the year, but he's got to be a very serious contender for MVP this year if he keeps this up. In fact, he might be the frontrunner right now. There have got to be moments when Indy is wondering if they took the right guy.
    6 or 7 years from now when RG3's body is breaking down badly, Indy will know they took the right guy. RG3 is amazing, but his style of play means a lot of time on IR and a shorter career.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You know why he would get heralded as a leader? Because he IS our leader. Tim and Greg are BACKUPS.
    You made Beerfish's point for him!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You ever see Sanchez come out after a loss and just spit fire? Show any bit of emotion? Nope.

It's all just platitudes and comments like , "We didn't get it done?" "I need to play better." All whilst referring to "Mr. Johnson", "Mr. Tannenbaum", or "Coach Ryan". He sounds like a college sophomore (and often plays like one), not a professional who has been in the NFL for four plus years. Grow up, mother f**ker. Show some balls.

I hate the guy, but at least Tebow is speaking his mind, not towing the party line, like Sanchez.
    Eli Manning didn't show emotion and he got killed. Newton shows emotion and he gets killed. Screw all that hippie emo crap. Win games. I don't care how much you scream and yell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You made Beerfish's point for him!
    My point is that people putting Tim and Greg on blast are right to do so because those guys are not our leaders, thus they have no right to say anything.

Herptucky Derp.

JetsInsider.com (@JetsInsider) tweeted at 0:49 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    "If Sione can not only protect himself but be effective I feel good about that." #Jets

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 1:26 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Sione Po'uha looks like he'll go on Sunday. Bart Scott did not practice, listed as doubtful. #Jets #nyj | http://t.co/EViKvdMa

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 1:31 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Antonio Cromartie calls Reggie Bush "unprofessional" but leaves it at that #Jets #nyj | http://t.co/esZ3IWdm

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 1:45 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Yeremiah Bell says #Jets defense can still "mess with" Ryan Tannehill #nyj | http://t.co/XrncYGrP

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 1:49 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Neither Aaron Maybin nor LaRon Laundry were fined by NFL for edgy comments about Dolphins' RB Reggie Bush this week, I'm told. #nyj

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 1:50 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    As @ProFootballTalk noted earlier,NFL contacts teams on confidential basis to remind them of responsibility to play within rules (cont) #nyj

Funny. Brady does the same exact thing. God forbid a player handle things with class and refer to his superiors with respect. Yea, that's it. What we need Mark to do is go full on Cam Newton and act like a little kid and pout because he didn't win.

I'm all for criticizing Mark on his play and his numerous faults, but how he deals with the Media and handles a loss is NOT something you can fault him on.
    Exactly not. I want the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Why should he...SOJF's like yourself, and similar reporters like Mehta, and Wendy Whinini would just turn it around and use it against him.

Never hear anything like that from Patsieville....I actually hate the muzzle Belly puts on the players, but think it makes sense here in NY
    Semi-SOJF. Even after nearly 50 years of watching this team and all the various disasters, I still hold out hope every season.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    So because Sanchez doesn't speak through the media he's not a leader? Should he come out and talk like a WWE wrestler and put on a show to make you feel better? Let him lead the team away from the cameras and microphones
    No. Just not be so predictably robotic and devoid of all emotion. I always think he's reading from the stock press conference speech from NFL-101. This is fine, just not my preferece.

What Borg wants is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBEom...eature=related

Sorry, but I'd rather Mark handle himself with class and respect than explode with emotion on national TV.
    LOL. That's hilarious; hadn't seen that clip. Again, I'm not talking about Mark adopting extreme behavior, just more of an assertive posture.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    JMO, but everyone has their own personality - there isn't only one way to be a winner.

I have no problem with Sanchez's demeanor after games (or before them for that matter). We as fans tend to get too high and too low based on the outcome. Players need to be more even keel. The Mr. Johnson thing doesn't bother me either - I've heard Jeter refer to Mr. Steinbrenner 100s of times.

My problem with Sanchez is the maddening inconsistency we continually see. If he fixes the ill conceived pass attempts and decisions that are far too prevelant, he can take whatever demeanor he wants in his post game interview. And no one would question his leadership ability.
    Bothers me when Jeter does it, too. Just sounds contrived.

Thanks for all the comments, fellas. I was just letting out some frustration. I'm sure Mark will become the franchise QB we all want him to be. (Cut to shot of Don Rickles giving his trademark sarcastic look.)

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. That's hilarious; hadn't seen that clip. Again, I'm not talking about Mark adopting extreme behavior, just more of an assertive posture.
    Well, then that's a bit different. Personally, I like how he handles the media and all that kind of stuff. On the FIELD, however, It'd be nice to see him have confidence in himself.

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 1:51 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    The NFL also reminds teams that such edgy comments lead to close scrutiny of their play on gamedays. #nyj

Well, then that's a bit different. Personally, I like how he handles the media and all that kind of stuff. On the FIELD, however, It'd be nice to see him have confidence in himself.
    Agreed.

ProFootballMock (@ProFootballMock) tweeted at 1:35 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    NFL Hoping American Passion For Hating Patriots Catches On In London http://t.co/O8RNyrx0 http://t.co/JqwEbGLN

Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) tweeted at 2:03 PM on Fri, Oct 26, 2012:
    Pats linebacker Brandon Spikes was not fined for his hit on Shonn Greene last week. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    JMO, but everyone has their own personality - there isn't only one way to be a winner.

I have no problem with Sanchez's demeanor after games (or before them for that matter). We as fans tend to get too high and too low based on the outcome. Players need to be more even keel. The Mr. Johnson thing doesn't bother me either - I've heard Jeter refer to Mr. Steinbrenner 100s of times.

My problem with Sanchez is the maddening inconsistency we continually see. If he fixes the ill conceived pass attempts and decisions that are far too prevelant, he can take whatever demeanor he wants in his post game interview. And no one would question his leadership ability.
    Ummmm this 10000X

People forget that Jets management made Sanchez this way!!

The Jets never let Sanchez go in front of the media without one of the staff making sure he says the "right" thing. Fans now hold Sanchez responsible!!

Let me get this right the organization makes Sanchez into a robotic personality on and off the field and we blame the player for it!!

We call him a lap dog for this!!

You can't make it up!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-26-2012 at 03:07 PM.