Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woody & Tanny R setting up for 2014

Tannenbaum should be fired. At this point, he's had way too many busts in the draft. I used to think he was great, but that was after drafts like in 2006, 2007. Well, it's 2012 now and he really hasn't done much of anything to help this team.

IMO, Rex should keep his job. The only way I can see him losing his job is if he refuses to bench Sanchez eventually. Anyone with half a brain knows that Sanchez is killing this team.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post

to infer that they are somehow expecting to lose for a couple of years so they can be good in 2014 is silly.
    Agree.

Because its the smart move and we're never smart.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Tannenbaum should be fired. At this point, he's had way too many busts in the draft. I used to think he was great, but that was after drafts like in 2006, 2007. Well, it's 2012 now and he really hasn't done much of anything to help this team.

IMO, Rex should keep his job. The only way I can see him losing his job is if he refuses to bench Sanchez eventually. Anyone with half a brain knows that Sanchez is killing this team.
    Anyone with a brain???

self disqualification, methinks

:screwy:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Rex Ryan is killing this team.

His GM isn't taking the best player available. His QB is not being supported. He's a clown. Circus time is over.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Did you just call someone a CLOWN Sar??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

the key is overpaid....

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    The Jets aren't sitting on cap money really (http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html). I think they freed up some cap money in the offseason to sign a RT cut in camp and that simply didn't happen this year.

Most of those contracts coming off the books are a mixed blessing also. They are all overpaid but they aren't terrible and they also have to be replaced. That is not easy or cheap to do.
    Tanny 's poor judgement of talent is obvious here.He has overpaid and stuck with inferior talent because of cap implications.No GM is perfect but sense the Parcell influence - cut some big names before they can't be traded.Stockpile draft picks picked up in the disposal of those aged vets.This is what the Pats have done and refilled instead of rebuilt.As much as I hate NE, give them credit for FO management.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Sitting on cap money
    Bunch of contracts coming off the books in 2013
    Pace- Scott- Thomas- Smith- Pouha
    Harris will be redone/traded

I was thinking about this the other night & this division in 2 years is there for the taking.
    Brady will be 2 years older

The Bills have just had the worst signings (Fitz & Williams) contracts will kill that team
    Miami is also rebuilding somewhat

When you look at the NY Jets going forward, they need a RB & some stud LBs
    That's not that hard to find.
    2 years from now?
    Kerleys a great draft pick
    Hill will be up to speed
    Hopefully Holmes will be gone & they replace him with a "team" guy
    2 drafts to get some young bad azz Olineman
    Plenty of cap money to grab a couple top FAs
    D is already young & should be rockin in 2014
    Wilk- Coples- Ellis- Davis

Woodys a fame whore, nothing would be bigger than the Jets "getting" to the 1st Superbowl to be played outdoors @ Metlife.
    Sure, every team tries to win the Superbowl every year but it just seems to me that he has Tanny setting up the perfect storm to go for it again like they did when they signed LT, Richardson, Scott, Woody ect.
    Jets will be players in FA over the next 2 years
    Book it.
    Me like

Hill holds on the Jets win in NE
    Rex's D stops NE the Jets win

Hall Of Fame

You do realize that when teams draft a QB high and invest tens of millions of dollars in him, that they generally do not pull the plug on him after 3 seasons. You better be 1,000% sure he can not be your guy. I know you hate Sanchez, but he is not Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, or Tim Couch.

I know people get frustrated with Sanchez, but he is going to be the starter the rest of this season and next. Most teams realize that when you decide to draft a QB high that it is at least a 5 year commitment. Mark will be starting his 5th season next year and still only be 26 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You do realize that when teams draft a QB high and invest tens of millions of dollars in him, that they generally do not pull the plug on him after 3 seasons. You better be 1,000% sure he can not be your guy. I know you hate Sanchez, but he is not Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, or Tim Couch.

I know people get frustrated with Sanchez, but he is going to be the starter the rest of this season and next. Most teams realize that when you decide to draft a QB high that it is at least a 5 year commitment. Mark will be starting his 5th season next year and still only be 26 years old.
    This post I agree with. While i am completely frustrated with Sanchez's abismall play, he does continue to flash. Guys that burn out usually flash and disappear.

My only problem with Sanchez is that he has been unjustly handed the starter position based on his play. His stats are amoung the worst in the league , and yet Rex hasn't blinked once at keeping him off the bench.

Anyway ... His youth is the most promising asset he possesses at the point.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 10-27-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Woody Johnson and Mike Tannenbaum are killing this team because they spend the money to bring in the underachievers.

Quote Originally Posted by J-E-F-F View Post
    If the Jets win the Super Bowl in the 2014 season, I'll be very happy. But the game wouldn't be played at MetLife Stadium. That's next season's Super Bowl, isn't it?
    Yup, next year

It's going to be the worst weekend of a PSL owners life (except for a few club seat owners)

How can I buy tickets for Super Bowl XLVIII?
    The NFL controls all ticketing for Super Bowl XLVIII and demand is expected to be very high. The greatest number of tickets will be made available to the teams participating in the game, as well as sponsors, broadcasters and other business partners. A public sale of Super Bowl XLVIII tickets is not expected at this time.

But hey, they are looking for volunteers... Look at this from the volunteers faq:
    Why VOLUNTEER?

You'll make the first impressions on visitors as they arrive and as you know, first impressions matter. This is the first time the Super Bowl has been held in this region and we want to show New York and New Jersey in the best light. Volunteers will make the difference; you'll help make the visitors feel welcome. Join the world's biggest huddle!

What's in it for you:

Volunteers who complete their shifts will:
    • Receive a volunteer uniform that will be yours to keep.
    • Know that you made a difference in how the world views New York and New Jersey.
    Will volunteers work inside the stadium during Super Bowl XLVIII?
    On game day, the Host Committee will not require any volunteer support inside MetLife stadium.

Will volunteers receive tickets to the Super Bowl?
    Volunteers will not receive tickets to the Super Bowl.

Suck, suck triple suck, especially if Jets are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post
    Tanny 's poor judgement of talent is obvious here.He has overpaid and stuck with inferior talent because of cap implications.No GM is perfect but sense the Parcell influence - cut some big names before they can't be traded.Stockpile draft picks picked up in the disposal of those aged vets.This is what the Pats have done and refilled instead of rebuilt.As much as I hate NE, give them credit for FO management.
    OMG!
    Jets would be kicking the Pats azzes if not for TB 12!
    What does that tell u about the Pats?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +1
    Jets schedule turned out to be brutal considering all of the injuries.
    Only the Bills are under .500
    Steelers on Road
    Miami on the road in sept. ( turns out Fins are tougher than anyone thought)
    Colts ( 3-3 with a win over the freaking Packers who smoked the Texans)
    49ers
    Texans
    Pats on road
    You find me a team that has run that gauntlet this season! & ill show you a team under .500!
    @ Miami
    @ Steelers
    49ers
    Texans
    @ Patriots
    Plus they did this without once having their entire skill position players available together for 1 game!
    It's a damn legitimate excuse, whether anyone wants to see it.
    Everyone knew this wasn't a deep team on offense to begin with.
    Hill catches that ball, Jets win last Sunday, how the hell does that fall to Rex, Tanny & woody ill never know?

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez hits a wide open Hill in the endzone instead of throwing a wounded duck for an INT, the Jets win.

If Sanchez's turnovers don't lead to 9 points for the Pats, the Jets win.

We can go both ways all day on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sanchez hits a wide open Hill in the endzone instead of throwing a wounded duck for an INT, the Jets win.

If Sanchez's turnovers don't lead to 9 points for the Pats, the Jets win.

We can go both ways all day on this one.
    yeah but it's fun!

If the refs weren't on Belacheats payroll

If the players didn't make stupid mistakes

If the Coaches hadn't made those bad calls

If worms had 45's birds wouldn't f*ck with them!

I do not disagree.

However, remember the Patsy secondary played absolutely atrocious in that game. They were quite simply horrible. But when it mattered most, we had a 1st and 10 inside the 20 yard line of the Patsies.

What did Sanchez do?

They called play action, something Sanchez normally does well, instead he mistimes his throw and ends up taking a sack back at the 25. For a QB in his 4th season, that is inexcuseable. He had an open WR that would have given us a 1st down and allowed to run out the clock.

It's things like this and many other mishaps that Sanchez has had along the way. It's time to move on. I know, and I'm sure you do also in your heart of hearts, that Sanchez will NEVER take this team to the promised land.

He is only our starting QB that we are locked into because Tanny resigned him for some gaudy amount. That was stupidity.

I would also disagree with the 3 season thing. If the writing is on the wall, and it has been for a long time now, most teams will move on after 3 seasons.

But just answer this one question honestly. Do you really think Sanchez is going to improve to his high draft pick from year 3 to year 5? You couldn't possibly believe that. If you do, then I don't have any hope for you. I'm certain you are smarter than that.

Hall Of Fame
    He is only our starting QB that we are locked into because Tanny resigned him for some gaudy amount. That was stupidity.

I would also disagree with the 3 season thing. If the writing is on the wall, and it has been for a long time now, most teams will move on after 3 seasons.

But just answer this one question honestly. Do you really think Sanchez is going to improve to his high draft pick from year 3 to year 5? You couldn't possibly believe that. If you do, then I don't have any hope for you. I'm certain you are smarter than that.
    What team moves on from a highly drafted QB in 3 years that has a winning record?? Please name ONE.

Jets Insider VIP
    What team moves on from a highly drafted QB in 3 years that has a winning record?? Please name ONE.
    You'll wait a long time for an answer. His judgement is clearly clouded by his hatred of Latino athletes.