Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A deal for Deangelo Williams makes more sense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ratliff5 View Post
    holmes for williams straight up? bad contract for bad contract. gives cam a weapon for next yr gives us a rb to help out with our ground and pound situation
    I could really see Holmes getting traded in this manor this offseason. I'm not sure if it will be Williams but for someone in that manor.

Btw, someone mentioned Steven Jackson and I would 100 percent rather him over deangelo. He is still running very hard.

The jets simply will never give the job to a rookie under Ryan and mike t. Look for them to find some veteran like Williams or Jackson and have Powell split snaps wit them or draftee.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    I could really see Holmes getting traded in this manor this offseason. I'm not sure if it will be Williams but for someone in that manor.
    Although more and more people are thinking we'll trade Revis this offseason, it's more likely to get rid of Holmes (bad contract, bad attitude etc. blabla). And I hope this will happen. Hill and Kerley in 2013.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Although more and more people are thinking we'll trade Revis this offseason, it's more likely to get rid of Holmes (bad contract, bad attitude etc. blabla). And I hope this will happen. Hill and Kerley in 2013.
    The jets only save 1.5 mill against the cap nest year if they trade Homes. Remember they got holmes for a fifth rd pick when he was only making 1 mill a year, what do you think the jets could ask for him now that his 2013 salary is 11 mill, what team believes Holmes is worth 1/2 that?

if they cut him or trade him in 2014 they will save 8.5 mill against the cap.

If you know Holmes has these locker room issues, why do you think teams may want him?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets are more WILLING to get rid of him, but like you said, there's little reason to think a team is interested right now.

---

regarding DW.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

DeAngelo Williams drawing interest from a contender?

Since the Jets aren't contenders I hope it's not them unless it's for Tebow...I know that's not realistic.

By Dan Hanzus

DeAngelo Williams sounded as curious as anyone Sunday about the possibility that he'd played his final game as a Carolina Panther.

Coach Ron Rivera said Monday he doesn't expect to see Williams -- or anyone else -- head elsewhere before this week's trade deadline.

"We've got to sit here and see if somebody does call, but we're not looking to move anybody or send anybody away or try to get anybody out there," Rivera said, via the Charlotte Observer. "I don't think we have a lot to give in terms of trying to trade for players."

Williams has been ineffective in limited duty this season, but he has averaged 5 yards per carry since entering the NFL in 2006. He has been completely marginalized in Carolina's offense, getting just 19 carries in the past three games. A team source told the Observer that at least one playoff-contending team has contacted the Panthers about a potential deal for Williams.

It makes sense for the Panthers to get what they can for 29-year-old Williams, who isn't contributing this season and almost certainly won't be brought back in 2013.

The NFL pushed the trade deadline back to Thursday at 4 p.m. ET because of the issues on the East Coast caused by Hurricane Sandy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ter_atl_hanzus

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Since the Jets aren't contenders I hope it's not them unless it's for Tebow...I know that's not realistic.

By Dan Hanzus

DeAngelo Williams sounded as curious as anyone Sunday about the possibility that he'd played his final game as a Carolina Panther.

Coach Ron Rivera said Monday he doesn't expect to see Williams -- or anyone else -- head elsewhere before this week's trade deadline.

"We've got to sit here and see if somebody does call, but we're not looking to move anybody or send anybody away or try to get anybody out there," Rivera said, via the Charlotte Observer. "I don't think we have a lot to give in terms of trying to trade for players."

Williams has been ineffective in limited duty this season, but he has averaged 5 yards per carry since entering the NFL in 2006. He has been completely marginalized in Carolina's offense, getting just 19 carries in the past three games. A team source told the Observer that at least one playoff-contending team has contacted the Panthers about a potential deal for Williams.

It makes sense for the Panthers to get what they can for 29-year-old Williams, who isn't contributing this season and almost certainly won't be brought back in 2013.

The NFL pushed the trade deadline back to Thursday at 4 p.m. ET because of the issues on the East Coast caused by Hurricane Sandy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ter_atl_hanzus
    Hopefully a deal doesn't happen, and Williams is available (for a much lesser price) as a FA in the offseason. I know the rule with 30-year-old RBs, but D'Angelo is relatively low mileage because of the 2-back attack in Carolina and probably has one more year left in him. Would be a good stopgap to platoon with McKnight & Powell before the Jets find a full-time RB.

Steven Jackson looks like Curtis Martin in '05 to me. He's losing more and more snaps to Richardson and Pead with every passing week.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    DON'T TRADE ANY PICKS! HAVE PEOPLE NOT LEARNED!!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I could see Green Bay going after Deangelo.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully a deal doesn't happen, and Williams is available (for a much lesser price)

D. Williams has like 3 yrs, 18 mil left on his contract, so he won't be an FA after the season....the only reason why he's really trade-able is b/c most, if not all, of the rest of that contract is not guaranteed.