Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A deal for Deangelo Williams makes more sense.

No. Williams is up there and years and that contract is a nightmare. Would rather draft a new back.

That being said, how is this years class looking? Are there any good backs worth a first round selection? I have to admit, outside of the two guys @ 'Bama, I haven't paid much attention to the position AT ALL this year when watching college games.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 10-27-2012 at 01:37 AM.

holmes for williams straight up? bad contract for bad contract. gives cam a weapon for next yr gives us a rb to help out with our ground and pound situation

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    No. Williams is up there and years and that contract is a nightmare. Would rather draft a new back.

That being said, how is this years class looking? Are there any good backs worth a first round selection? I have to admit, outside of the two guys outta 'Bama, I haven't paid much attention to the position AT ALL this year when watching college games.
    There is really not much in this years draft by way of RB. It looks like next years draft will be better. Out side of maybe Montee Ball non of the SRs look better then a 4th rounder to me right now. I do like Gee Gee Greene but I'm not clear if he is eligible. You may see a few good underclassman declare but it doesn't look good right now. Marcus Lattimore, Lacy, Joseph Randle, and Le'Veon Bell may be the top prospects right now and I wouldn't give a 1st for any of them. Assuming even 1 of them even declares.

offseason trade in which we can dump one if our own bad contracts? sure.

inseason move in which we give up picks? no effin way.

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    How did the Corey Dillon trade work out for you?

The pats were in excellent cap shape at the time, and had a veteran team primed for another run. Corey had one year left on his contract and wanted out of Cinci bad. He cut his salary in 1/2 to play for the SB winning team, when he got his extension his play dropped of significantly.

If your looking for a short term bell cow RB, Steven Jackson will be a 30 YO back with a lot of mileage, who knows he may come reasonable if the demand is not there. Michael Turner is the same. If you want a younger guy Felix Jones is a FA next year and at 25. and at 25 with only 500 carries in his career he has some long term value. In the draft a kid like Michael Dyer could be had in the 4th. A ****bird with 1st rd talent. Rex has never been scared of ****birds.

Why go after all these old guys??? Chris Polk is just sitting on Philly's practice squad. He can do it all. He would be a season changer for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Is this the new rant? Now we are going to blindly just start blaming Tannenbaum, is he the new scapegoat?

You and others, you all know Tannenbaum isn't the one leading the personnel department, right?
    You do know what the GM is responsible for right? He really has failed in most attempts to build this team. He has really been in charge since Parcells left and other then really getting lucky two years running he has not done **** to build us into a team that can win consistently and he hired a coach that has really turned us into the laugh stock of the NFL at this point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    You do know what the GM is responsible for right? He really has failed in most attempts to build this team. He has really been in charge since Parcells left and other then really getting lucky two years running he has not done **** to build us into a team that can win consistently and he hired a coach that has really turned us into the laugh stock of the NFL at this point.
    Speaking of "laugh stocks"....

See Above

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The pats were in excellent cap shape at the time, and had a veteran team primed for another run. Corey had one year left on his contract and wanted out of Cinci bad. He cut his salary in 1/2 to play for the SB winning team, when he got his extension his play dropped of significantly.

If your looking for a short term bell cow RB, Steven Jackson will be a 30 YO back with a lot of mileage, who knows he may come reasonable if the demand is not there. Michael Turner is the same. If you want a younger guy Felix Jones is a FA next year and at 25. and at 25 with only 500 carries in his career he has some long term value. In the draft a kid like Michael Dyer could be had in the 4th. A ****bird with 1st rd talent. Rex has never been scared of ****birds.
    Corey was also not past his prime like Williams is. That was well worth the money and risk this would not be.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Why go after all these old guys??? Chris Polk is just sitting on Philly's practice squad. He can do it all. He would be a season changer for us.
    I like Polk as well, but he is on the Eagles active roster. He was not an option for the Jets.

Trade Holmes few Williams.

Is it allowed to trade Holmes who is on IR for Williams? I know the cap takes a hit. I believe the Jets have wiggle room and Holmes is dead weight for this season and maybe next considering how Kerley looks better out on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I like Polk as well, but he is on the Eagles active roster. He was not an option for the Jets.
    Thanks for the heads up. still would prefer him over the other guys mentioned. and considering he hasn't touched the ball for the eagles we could get him cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Speaking of "laugh stocks"....

See Above

You really think the league and most NFL fans do not roll their eyes at the mention of the Jets? I have been a fan for 43 years. Other then Kotite this is as bad as it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
    Is it allowed to trade Holmes who is on IR for Williams? I know the cap takes a hit. I believe the Jets have wiggle room and Holmes is dead weight for this season and maybe next considering how Kerley looks better out on the field.
    The jets don't have the cap room to take the 10.5 mill hit.

Jets Insider VIP
    You really think the league and most NFL fans do not roll their eyes at the mention of the Jets? I have been a fan for 43 years. Other then Kotite this is as bad as it has been.
    What I really think is that the Jets have made the playoffs in two of the last three seasons and won four playoff games. In addition I think that far from being a "laugh stock" that they will win at least 10 games this season and make the postseason..

As for your 43 years, johnny come lately I've been a fan since 1960 and not impressed with you jumping aboard just in 1969.....was it Jan 12 ????

As for your comparison with Kotite.
    .lets just leave it at idiotic.

After tomorrow these Jets will have FOUR WINS in this season. Kotite had four out of 32 in his Jet career at HC.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Is this the new rant? Now we are going to blindly just start blaming Tannenbaum, is he the new scapegoat?

You and others, you all know Tannenbaum isn't the one leading the personnel department, right?
    Hes not?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Exactly what I said. No matter how OP spins this, it's a moronic idea.
    ... lol ...

l_j_r

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Other then Kotite this is as bad as it has been.

... ...

... bro, whether you buy into tanny/rex or not ... our franchise has plenty of coaches besides kotite who are worse ... see below:

Coaches: (17)
    Sammy Baugh 1960-1961
    Bulldog Turner 1962
    Weeb Ewbank 1963-1973
    Charley Winner 1974-1975
    Ken Shipp 1975
    Lou Holtz 1976
    Mike Holovak 1976
    Walt Michales 1977-1982
    Joe Walton 1983-1989
    Bruce Coslet 1990-1993
    Pete Carroll 1994
    Richie Kotite 1995-1996
    Bill Parcells 1997-1999
    Al Groh 2000
    Herman Edwards 2001-2005
    Eric Mangini 2006-2008

l_j_r

I know full well what Tannenbaum is responsible for.

The point is, Tanny is making those decisions based on the work of his scouting and personnel department, with a very little inkling of his own evaluation.

The fans in this thread are killing Tannenbaum for his talent evaluation, and that would be wrong.