Thread: Emilio Estevez to make movie about Harness Racing

Emilio Estevez to make movie about Harness Racing

About friggin time this happened- Give em hell Coach Bombay!

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...cing-film-here

Emilio Estevez will shoot a “family film” about harness racing here next year.

I did some digging around the web and saw that Estevez earlier this year posted on his Twitter account that his “next project shoots in Ohio, where both my folks are from, set in the competitive world of harness racing.” (He’s the son of actor Martin Sheen, born in Dayton, Ohio.)

He told Flicksandbits:

“I love sports movies and I want to create another family franchise. There’s “Secretariat” and “Seabiscuit,” so people are familiar with thoroughbreds, but standard-breds are a different animal and serve a different purpose. The whole sport is very familial, the kids and wives are involved, and it’s also international. So, potentially, it’s a franchise that starts in the US and you can take your team to Australia, France, and other places where they race. It could be a lot of a fun and it’s a sport that we haven’t seen on screen.”

Estevez, who's also the brother of Charlie Sheen, will announce details of what's being called a ”family-friendly sports film” at a press conference today at 3 p.m. at the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum.

Estevez will be joined by Kristen Erwin, executive director of the Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky Film Commission, Mayor Mark Mallory and Gail Mezey from the Ohio Film Commission.

He’d have a choice of three race tracks here: River Downs in Anderson Township, Turfway Park in Florence and Lebanon Raceway in Warren County, the only harness-racing track of the three.

The New York native wrote and directed “The Way,” starring his father, last year. His break-out acting role was in ”The Breakfast Club” in 1985. He played Coach Bombay in “The Mighty Ducks” movies.

I've been waiting for a family oriented harness racing movie all my life.

WTF is harness racing?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    And now our prayers have been answered

Jets Insider VIP
    Good. Sarah Jessica Parker needed work.

Jets Insider VIP
    The whole sport is very familial, the kids and wives are involved, and it’s also international.
    It's also extremely cruel to the animals involved. But who gives a **** about them, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Ditto.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Good. Sarah Jessica Parker needed work.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    It's also extremely cruel to the animals involved. But who gives a **** about them, right?
    Ding.

SBIII might need a ride to teh finish line/concession stand.

POSSIBRUH

All League
    David Cassidy is in production of a movie based on Liechtenstein's stunning 1988 bronze medal win in curling.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    WTF is harness racing?
    It is with the cart. Meadowlands, Yonkers, and Chester are all Harness tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Those races support the horse population in America and those animals are treated very well for the most part. They are bread to be racers and are worth a lot of money. This is not like dog racing the racing associations regulate the farms very well. You want to see mistreated horses walk down Independence Ave in Philly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Those races support the horse population in America and those animals are treated very well for the most part. They are bread to be racers and are worth a lot of money. This is not like dog racing the racing associations regulate the farms very well. You want to see mistreated horses walk down Independence Ave in Philly.
    Or visit Southside stables. Pervert Ponys

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Or visit Southside stables. Pervert Ponys

Brother Charlie Sheen was recently inked to star in a long-awaited film about the Basque sport, zesta-punta. The working title is, Fronton: High on Jai Alai.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    WTF is harness racing?
    This

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    How happy? Happier then a woman manually evacuating a horse. She does look happy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    David Cassidy is in production of a movie based on Liechtenstein's stunning 1988 bronze medal win in curling.
    Now that's some funny sh!t. Funnier if it's true.
    As for Harness racing.... works as a comedy with drinking and whores but as a family flick