Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marcus Lattimore got McGahee'd

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    PayneInsider.com ‏@PayneInsider
    #Gamecocks: Marcus Lattimore has a broken femur, chipped knee cap, and all four knee ligaments are torn.
    Wow, thats awful, but expected from watching it. Sometimes a player gets injured worse than it looks, but this wasnt one of them.

God luck, but like mentioned by others this probably ends his playing career.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Thats devastating. The femur is the strongest bone in your body. Takes a great force to break it. How do they even go about repairing all 4 ligaments? Probably in for multiple surgeries and a lengthy rehab.

I doubt he will ever play again but I do think he will recover to the point where he will have a normal, healthy leg. We have come a long way in orthopedics.

Good luck to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wow. Thats devastating. The femur is the strongest bone in your body. Takes a great force to break it. How do they even go about repairing all 4 ligaments? Probably in for multiple surgeries and a lengthy rehab.

I doubt he will ever play again but I do think he will recover to the point where he will have a normal, healthy leg. We have come a long way in orthopedics.

Good luck to him.
    yeah the femur is a really rare one to see break... EJ henderson broke his femur in a game and actually did come back and play a great season for the vikings so who knows. but yeah that prognosis is not good for lattimore-- he's supposed to be a great prospect too, what a shame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYs03...eature=related

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow's his birthday...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    also add "dislocated knee" to the diagnosis (see below). Feel absolutely horrible for him. His career is over. Very sad.