Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Austin Howard's love post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    There is a bell curve in all things... Drafting is no different. The JETS are not in the sweet spot of drafting or developing players. Spin it any way you want but the records speaks for itself in the manner in which our picks are used.
    What exactly am I spinning?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What exactly am I spinning?
    That our front office is not a problem ..... I say our FRontnoffice is , AT BEST, average. That means, 16 teams are equal or better. I say at least 12 teams have better Front office top to bottom.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    And he is improving. He is a mammoth and has some decent athleticism. He can become a very good player for us.
    Agreed. So many guys are always ready to rush to judgement of Jets players. The guy has to gain experience and he is doing so. You are correct he does have very decent athleticism for such a big guy. He is also very intense. When he locks onto a guy its usually all over! He deserves the credit some here are giving him. Lets remember that an OL gets better with continuity! This kid will be on the team for a few years!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That our front office is not a problem ..... I say our FRontnoffice is , AT BEST, average. That means, 16 teams are equal or better. I say at least 12 teams have better Front office top to bottom.
    Based on what?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Based on what?
    How about our record to start. WHO have we beaten in almost 2 years?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread title is misleading.

It portrays Austin Howard proclaiming his love for some lucky lady via the twiter, but instead its really an appreciation thread.

Ther HAS been a rumor that Austin is currently been seen with the ever so popular Eva Longoria, which could cause locker room conflicts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    Only bad part about howard is his run blocking. it should improve over time, but as of now he has been a liabilty in the run game. but that could absolutely change
    It hard to have a good run game when your running backs goal in life is to run into the first defender in his path.

Howard has been one of my favorite jets this year. He is such a large human and excels in pass blocking like a vet for the most part. Huge upside with that frame, and he's super cheap. Excellent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luck has run out.

Pumpkin time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Luck has run out.

Pumpkin time.
    Not helping that Moore seems to be making up who he is picking up on the fly. I can't remember seeing such a solid player fall off so quickly. Not saying Howard isn't to blame in this game, but Moore should be benched at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Not helping that Moore seems to be making up who he is picking up on the fly. I can't remember seeing such a solid player fall off so quickly. Not saying Howard isn't to blame in this game, but Moore should be benched at this point.
    Moore has gotten old fast. I think he just hit the wall. He has been a career over-achiever for us so I do not want to knock him.