Thread: Gen. Carter Ham, commander of U.S. Africa Command is being replaced

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Gen. Carter Ham, commander of U.S. Africa Command is being replaced

Looks like the commander "on the ground" during the Benghazi incident where we abandoned our people, is being replaced.

http://www.stripes.com/news/obama-to...ricom-1.193564

There is a rumor that he was going to ignore the stand down order and send help anyway.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p...own-Order.aspx

per the link:
    I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.

quote:
    "(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    FREE HAM!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conspiracy BS...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much was our President involved, or was he to busy?