Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill is a beast.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Where have you been? The Jets are historically one of the most effective garbage-time teams in the league.

At least there's that.
    LOL.

I know. But I was happy to see it b.c now I know he can actually move his arms.

With the exception of an ability to catch the ball, this kid has ALL the intangibles.
    Can someone look up his stats on the drops? Does he have more drops than catches this season?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Stephen Hill is the Roberto Duran of the NFL.

Bewildered Beast
    He gives new meaning to being a number two receiver.
    That TP defense...

With the exception of an ability to catch the ball, this kid has ALL the intangibles.
    I wonder if you had him tested, what his IQ would actually be? The team is down by 20+ points, he catches a pass for 12 yards, and then spikes the ball at the opposing team's sideline, and somehow miraculously a flag wasn't thrown, but seriously, how dumb could this guy be?

I agree with you he has shown no ability to hold onto the ball.

On the flip side I felt the same way about Thomas from the broncos after his first season and he has come on very nicely!!

Georgia Tech receivers are projects , I hope he works out as well as Thomas is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Well that didn't take long.

Stephen Hilla, da Drive Killa

All League
    this guy is brutal....most of the time...dump him.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL.

Feel bad for him. Seems like he is a really nice kid.

I just don't see how his hands will ever improve. His confidence has to be shot at this point.

No playmakers

Once again, nothing much for the QB to work with. Hill has to catch that ball. He is very young and raw to give up on especially coming off his first NFL season.

All League
    I loved the kids attitude early on. But he is the type of receiiver you draft when you already have 3 legitmate receivers.

Whats killing him is Sanchez doesn't see him when he is wide open, and when Sanchez does throw to him he cant catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

Feel bad for him. Seems like he is a really nice kid.

I just don't see how his hands will ever improve. His confidence has to be shot at this point.
    Braylon Edwards had a similar season the year before being traded to the jets. Luckily with how bad the jets suck, he's not under a lot of pressure to perform. He may end up being a very good receiver in a year or two.

All League
    Hill is like a Pegasus. He's a thoroughbred that can fly, but unfortunately has hooves instead of hands.

I tried giving this kid a shot.....I thought he'd be an upgrade over Dougie-master but it turns out that he just might not have what it takes.

I mean.....if you can't CATCH the football, then It doesn't matter how big and fast you are.

BRING BACK, BRAYLON!!

can't believe I just said that after so long......

2012 version of Johnny Lam Jones....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Just think of how differently you feel about the season right now if Hill doesn't drop that WIDE OPEN/HIT HIM IN THE HANDS pass that would have locked up a win against New England?

That ONE FRIGGIN PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    2012 version of Johnny Lam Jones....
    The only reason Johnny Lam Jones is considered a bust is because of where he was taken in the draft.

He had an okay career, just not worthy of the overall #1 pick.

Hill was a second round pick so the comparison doesn't work.

I call him Duran.

The older posters will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The only reason Johnny Lam Jones is considered a bust is because of where he was taken in the draft.

He had an okay career, just not worthy of the overall #1 pick.

Hill was a second round pick so the comparison doesn't work.
    Sure it does... They are both fast and can't catch... That is the comparison... I could care less where a guy is drafted...This is the NFL... You need to catch more than 50% of the balls that hit you in the hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Braylon Edwards had a similar season the year before being traded to the jets. Luckily with how bad the jets suck, he's not under a lot of pressure to perform. He may end up being a very good receiver in a year or two.
    Braylon had already had a pro-bowl season before he developed the dropsies though, so you could expect him to recover. With Hill, it's hard to know if he's really going to get it together, though he definitely deserves a couple of years.

Also, even though the team sucks right now, IF they can pull off the miracle win on Thursday it's a remaining schedule that could definitely use the contribution from a high draft pick on offense.