Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Some of you people are so friggin ridiculous its embarassing. Get real. Hill is a project. He is a rookie that was forced into a starters role due to lack of depth. He does not even have a full season under his belt and people are already calling for his head. Unbelievable.
    Demaryius Thomas, a VERY valid comparison for many reasons had 22 catches as a rookie and 32 in his second year as he too was needed time to develop. How is he playing now?

Hill is on pace for a very similar season and while the drops are very concerning are a problem that is fixable....not saying it will happen because no one knows, but at least its something that he can improve on.

I do think we need to be getting him the ball more and trying to help his confidence. Its amazing to me that we started clyde gates yesterday....id rather try to keep hills confidence up and give him a couple more chances

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    This. Edwards was known for dropping alot of balls in Cleveland. He came to the Jets, worked on it and became a reliable target and a fan favorite for most of us.
    edwards who? many said hill would make us forget him remember.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    The fact that Stephen Hill didn't track the ball down on the one pinpoint throw to the outside shoulder was horrendous. You can't place that ball any better (doesn't technically get tallied as a drop...but just awful)
    Ya that was brutal.

Does anyone have a clip of yesterday's drop? I couldn't watch until the 2nd quarter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    No one said that.

Hill lost the game at Foxboro

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    No one said that.
    many said that and you know it. i dont have the time or patience to look back on all the braylon edwards threads that im sure are here. thanks

Yea we really missed on braylon - I mean he has 23 catches total the past 2 SEASONS COMBINED.

As much as I despise holmes and believe his injury has helped the team, its amazing the love braylon gets here. We didnt sign him because he is HURT which is why SF dropped him last year and why he cant beat out doug baldwin this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Some of you people are so friggin ridiculous its embarassing. Get real. Hill is a project. He is a rookie that was forced into a starters role due to lack of depth. He does not even have a full season under his belt and people are already calling for his head. Unbelievable.
    Lets hope he doesn't end up like the last 2nd round "project".

Jets Insider VIP
    many said that and you know it. i dont have the time or patience to look back on all the braylon edwards threads that im sure are here. thanks
    No one said that. Were people hoping that Hill would have a bigger impact this year? Absolutely. No one except homers or idiots were expecting that he would replicate 2010's production.

The Braylon stuff was justifiable last year but enough allready. He barely plays, build a bridge and gtf over it.

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Hill lost the game at Foxboro
    That drop was awful and at a terrible point in the game, but there were a lot of mistakes that lost that game.

Probably would have been nice for sanchez to hit hill when he was wide open in the endzone rather then throw it 10 yards too short

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    No one said that. Were people hoping that Hill would have a bigger impact this year? Absolutely. No one except homers or idiots were expecting that he would replicate 2010's production.

The Braylon stuff was justifiable last year but enough allready. He barely plays, build a bridge and gtf over it.
    im over it been over it. i wasnt one who said hill would make us forget braylon edwards. and i never said you were. why so defensive on the subject? im actually hoping schillens steps up his game for the remainder of the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    im over it been over it. i wasnt one who said hill would make us forget braylon edwards. and i never said you were. why so defensive on the subject? im actually hoping schillens steps up his game for the remainder of the season.
    Im not accusing you.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Lets hope he doesn't end up like the last 2nd round "project".
    Put him in front of the ball throwing machine and he cant leave until he catches 100 in a ROW...every day.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Put him in front of the ball throwing machine and he cant leave until he catches 100 in a ROW...every day.

Problem solved.
    He also needs a sports Psychologist to work on keeping focused.

Whatever james jones did this past offseason is a good place to start with curing the drops

Braylon Edwards was notorious for having problems catching the ball early in his career. But the mistake was the Jets front office putting too much pressure on the kid from the start. If we had a couple of more solid veteran WRs on the team he wouldn't be relied on as much.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Whatever james jones did this past offseason is a good place to start with curing the drops
    I think it is more of a physical issue with Hill. If you look at the balls he has dropped, it is the ones that are thrown at his chest while he is facing the QB, he lets the ball get into his body too far. He doesnt seem to have trouble with running down a ball in front of him, or going up high for a ball.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

well for 8 games hes been targeting hill when hes played. hill has dropped quite a few passes. cant you agree? gm? nah no thanks im happy at my current job how about you?
    I agree he's dropped quite a few passes. The one against NE really stings but my expectations were not that high to begin with. I realize he's a rookie and these things will happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im not sure catching is fixable. hes 21 years old and has been catching a football his whole life. How is he going to suddenly be able to catch?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Im not sure catching is fixable. hes 21 years old and has been catching a football his whole life. How is he going to suddenly be able to catch?
    See, Braylon Edawrds.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

probably a good idea.