Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill is a beast.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    he sucks and cant catch a cold and he was supposed to replace braylon?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a lot of problems with this team and your going to sit here and #$@! on a rookie. Really... Yea he he drops a lot, and yes it's aggravating. But really...wtf did you expect a world beater? Put down the pipe, please. He will be ok, just give him time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post

Very WCO-esque.

Why so d00shy?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cafterdeath View Post
    There's a lot of problems with this team and your going to sit here and #$@! on a rookie. Really... Yea he he drops a lot, and yes it's aggravating. But really...wtf did you expect a world beater? Put down the pipe, please. He will be ok, just give him time.
    catch the ball you learn how to as a kid thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He needs to talk to Lester

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone upset at Sanchez for "not seeing" Hill in the endzone at Seattle should read this thread. I'm saying Sanchez saw him and it was a conscious decision not to throw to him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Everyone upset at Sanchez for "not seeing" Hill in the endzone at Seattle should read this thread. I'm saying Sanchez saw him and it was a conscious decision not to throw to him.

Brady is like that. If he has no faith, you become the last kid picked on the team and the one that doesn't get thrown to even though no one covers you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    cause he cant catch.................he sucks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So he threw it to a Seahawk instead... Good judgement there...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a joke. I don't care that he is only a rookie. Have you ever seen a more unnatural WR trying to catch the football in your life?? I don't know that I have.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you dont learn to catch the football in the nfl............

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, you're right. We're being too hard on the kid. Expecting an NFL receiver to be able to catch balls that hit him in the hands is setting the bar WAAAAY to high.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    catch the ball you learn how to as a kid thanks.
    Really...
    Catching the ball as a kid is comparable to catching the ball in the NFL. Okay.

He has 4 drops on the stat sheet, I agree that looks low if your watching the games. But jesus it's not like our offense has been some kind of passing Juggernaut. Yea ok he's dropped some balls and some crucial ones *read NE game, but give the kid a break, it's his rookie season on a garbage offense.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Really...

He has 4 drops on the stat sheet, I agree that looks low if your watching the games. But jesus it's not like our offense has been some kind of passing Juggernaut. Yea ok he's dropped some balls and some crucial ones *read NE game, but give the kid a break, it's his rookie season on a garbage offense.
    We're sorry Mrs. Hill. He's a great kid and you did a fine job raising him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really...

Dropping balls that hit you square in the hands is a problem, even for a rookie. I would expect some issues with press coverage, I would expect some issues with route running, I would expect some issues with where a blitz is coming from, but not catching balls that hit you in the chest is a problem with this kid.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really...

catch the ball ........abc ......123 thanks.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    We're sorry Mrs. Hill. He's a great kid and you did a fine job raising him.
    Thank you, it's not easy

Listen I know he's not great and he's dropped a ton of passes, but let's not give up on him in his rookie season. Yea you don't learn to catch, pass, block in NFL but you can improve. Maybe he'll be a bust but a few drop passes in his first season isn't the end of the world.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, it's not easy

Listen I know he's not great and he's dropped a ton of passes, but let's not give up on him in his rookie season. Yea you don't learn to catch, pass, block in NFL but you can improve. Maybe he'll be a bust but a few drop passes in his first season isn't the end of the world.
    no you learn to catch in pop warner high school and college not here in the nfl.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Braylon had already had a pro-bowl season before he developed the dropsies though, so you could expect him to recover. With Hill, it's hard to know if he's really going to get it together, though he definitely deserves a couple of years.

Also, even though the team sucks right now, IF they can pull off the miracle win on Thursday it's a remaining schedule that could definitely use the contribution from a high draft pick on offense.
    I agree with both points. You knew Braylon had the capabilites, you just have to hope Hill does. I just wanted to point out that Hill still has plenty of upside.

And yeah, if we somehow win Thursday, the pressure will increase tremendously. However if Hill was on a team with a lot better offensive Talent/Rhythm he probable wouldn't see the field. He's getting a golden opportunity to work his issues out on the field, and hopefully he'll take advantage of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO bad hands has nothing to do with being "raw". You either have them or you don't. He could have good hands and just be struggling with confidence. I hope this is the case.

One thing that gives me hope is the season James Jones is having. He couldn't catch a cold and is now making highlight reel catches on the reg.