Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill is a beast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    See, Braylon Edawrds.
    Braylon Edwards sucks.
    He had one good year in cleveland and thats it. Theres a reason he is rotting on the seahawks bench and cost them a game this year with a huge drop in the endzone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    probably a good idea.
    I think a sports psychologist is an awful idea at this point. I rather he figure it out on his own then have to go to a sports psychologist after year 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    It all fits into Tannenbaum's scheme. Trade for a QB who can't throw, use a first round pick on a receiver who can't catch, use a first round pick on a Corner who can't cover, hire an OC who's not an OC....man, when this plan comes to fruition, it's gonna be teh AWESOME.

Change the name of these forums to this sentence.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I think a sports psychologist is an awful idea at this point. I rather he figure it out on his own then have to go to a sports psychologist after year 1.
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000

Talk about coddling a player. I like the ball machine idea. Practice makes perfect.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send him to SEAL leadership class

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    This. Edwards was known for dropping alot of balls in Cleveland. He came to the Jets, worked on it and became a reliable target and a fan favorite for most of us.
    Edwards had issues dropping balls for us too. He was great if a circus catch was required but very iffy on the automatic ones. Very iffy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know I, for one, sure have missed the 8 catches for 74 yards Edwards has thus far in 2012 in Seattle.

Why, we'd be at 10 wins now if only we'd have kept him, right?

Hill will come around. If he doesn't, such is life, we cut him and move on.

Either way, Edwards is not and was not the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what biz you are in, but I have used business coaching and it helps a lot. Not just for sports....

Most golfers have a psychologist etc.... like a therapist.

I see nothing wrong with it but respect your view.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    It Sanchez's fault. He is supposed to put the ball between the 8 and the 4 instead he just puts the ball on the 4. Thats why hes dropping alot of passes....If I were Hill I would be pissed Mark is making me look bad.
    Not sure if serious....

Hill's job is to CATCH THE FRIGGIN' FOOTBALL.

You think all QB's are accurate 100% of the time? And I'm not talking about Sanchez('cause his accuracy is good only 30% of the time...lol) here.

Many QB's have thrown passes where the Wide-Receiver has to ADJUST and make the play.

Hill cannot expect to have the ball thrown to him precisely(and even when it was thrown precisely, he *still* drops it)

He's going to HAVE TO deal with catching the ball with his hands.....NOT HIS BODY if he expects to have a long career in the NFL.

Plain and simple.

EDIT : Oh and Braylon may "suck" but I'd rather have a broken-down "sucky" Braylon on this team at this point than someone(who is RAW) who should be sitting on the sidelines learning the NFL way of playing WR his rookie year.

At the very least, Braylon would catch 85 to 90% of the passes thrown to him unlike....."The Project" as I refer to him as.

What a waste of a draft pick by Tanny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what biz you are in, but I have used business coaching and it helps a lot. Not just for sports....

Most golfers have a psychologist etc.... like a therapist.

I see nothing wrong with it but respect your view.
    Exactly, why am I a better putter from 25 feet than I am from 8 feet???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Not sure if serious....

Hill's job is to CATCH THE FRIGGIN' FOOTBALL.

You think all QB's are accurate 100% of the time? And I'm not talking about Sanchez('cause his accuracy is good only 30% of the time...lol) here.

Many QB's have thrown passes where the Wide-Receiver has to ADJUST and make the play.

Hill cannot expect to have the ball thrown to him precisely(and even when it was thrown precisely, he *still* drops it)

He's going to HAVE TO deal with catching the ball with his hands.....NOT HIS BODY if he expects to have a long career in the NFL.

Plain and simple.

EDIT : Oh and Braylon may "suck" but I'd rather have a broken-down "sucky" Braylon on this team at this point than someone(who is RAW) who should be sitting on the sidelines learning the NFL way of playing WR his rookie year.

At the very least, he would catch 85 to 90% of the passes thrown to him(Braylon) unlike....."The Project" as I refer to him as.
    LOL I was being sarastic....My point is that you cant complain Mark has a low Comp % when the WR's dont catch the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    LOL I was being sarastic....My point is that you cant complain Mark has a low Comp % when the WR's dont catch the ball.

Guess I'd better take my sarcasm-meter to the shop for repairs then 'cause you were really convincing there with your post.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Exactly, why am I a better putter from 25 feet than I am from 8 feet???

Ive listened through Ebooks , 2 books on golf psychology by Bob Rotella. Really interesting. His putting approach is to NEVER miss a putt from 4 feet and in. To practice ONLY 4 foot putts (see Pelz video) and lag putts. It has helped me. My hcp has dropped 6 and should drop 1 more before year end since last summer. I am playing almost 2x per week now. other than Jan to April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl5Io360bFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8ma48F-UE

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets traded a 2nd-5th-7th round pick to Seattle for their 2nd round pick #47 to draft hill.

was he really worth all that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the jets traded a 2nd-5th-7th round pick to Seattle for their 2nd round pick #47 to draft hill.

If he becomes a 1000 YD 8 TD a year receiver yes.

We obviously are a long way from there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

THIS!!!!!! Is the formula for why we cany get over the top.

We trade too many picks away top often.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    See, Braylon Edawrds.
    Braylon Edwards was a natural receiver, who played in a conventional offense in college. Sure, he dropped some balls, but he still had good ball skills and could make insane catches. For every drop, there was a big play or tough catch.

Hill is an athlete playing WR. Big difference.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does it have to be considered "too early" or coddling to use a sports psychologist? You dont have to have a problem to go to one to increase your mental capacity or ability to concentrate in big moments.

Hill is a 23 year old kid who after this contract will either hang around the league (or not) making $2-5 million in career earnings and then face a life after football at 30.

OR

He can become the WR that demaryious thomas is and potentially sign a $40+million contract that sets his family up for life.

If that was me, id see a nutritionsit, psychologist, yoga instructor, acupunturist, and witch doctor if any of them could help me do ANYTHING on the football field better. So he runs 4.4 now....should he not work on his speed and try to become faster?

A psychologist is nothing more then another way to improve your game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    THIS!!!!!! Is the formula for why we cany get over the top.

We trade too many picks away top often.
    If Hill is a starting WR for us for the next 10 years and makes a Pro Bowl or two, its a great deal for us. Of course, if he continues to try and catch the ball with his elbows, it will end up being a horrible move.

Too early to judge right now. But IMO, its not the forumula, its the execution. There is more than one way to build a successful franchise. And, you need to have all aspects of your FO working well. You need to take advantage of the draft, trades and FAs as all have something worthwhile for your team. The Jets shouldn't be beholden to trading up, just like the Pats shouldn't always look to trade down.

A successful franchise is flexible and amenable to whatever opportunity presents itself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive listened through Ebooks , 2 books on golf psychology by Bob Rotella. Really interesting. His putting approach is to NEVER miss a putt from 4 feet and in. To practice ONLY 4 foot putts (see Pelz video) and lag putts. It has helped me. My hcp has dropped 6 and should drop 1 more before year end since last summer. I am playing almost 2x per week now. other than Jan to April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl5Io360bFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8ma48F-UE
    I have read the Rotella books. Great stuff. Nice work on the handicap

I played 115 rounds this year, the most since I have been married and had kids. Sadly our season is closed out, at least for posting scores. I am playing Wednesday and that might be the last time till my Arizona trip in January.