Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Stephen Hill is a beast.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Probably longer than 10 games.

Probably more than 10 games would be appropriate.

Par for the rookie NFL WR course.

He clearly needs work, thats not debatable.

That does not mean he will not come around and be a productive #1 or #2 NFL WR.

He might, or he might not. Point is, after 10 games, we cannot know as yet.
    True, Michael Floyd, the WR I was wising the Jets would have taken only has 20 catches for 225 yards and 1 TD. He was a lot more polished than Hill was coming out and to the best of my knowledge has not missed time due to injury this year. Granted the Cardinals QB situation is not good , but neither is the Jets.

All Pro
    Probably longer than 10 games.

Probably more than 10 games would be appropriate.

Par for the rookie NFL WR course.

He clearly needs work, thats not debatable.

That does not mean he will not come around and be a productive #1 or #2 NFL WR.

He might, or he might not. Point is, after 10 games, we cannot know as yet.
    Problem is throwing him into the deep end before he is ready at the risk of scarring him mentally - just like they did to Sanchez expecting him to deliver immediately, instead of giving a raw player time and coaching to develop. Of course they had to , given their propensity to get rid of proven dependable WR's.

All League
    No ball thrown by "Off the Mark" Sanchez is an "easy ball".

Look back at at least some of those drops. They're thrown high and behind a streaking Hill going across the field. Thats no gimmie. Or they're thrown too long, or too short, or just typical off-the-mark passes.

Sure, a few hit Hill right in the hands, and there is no excuse for that...other than being a 21 year old rookie thrust into a spotlight you're not really ready for because you were a blocking WR in a run-first system in college.

I agree, some of the drops look pathetic. He'll learn. If he doesn't.....wow, another Ghost-like wasted talent.
    the whole point of this thread is that the "he'll learn" approach doesn't really work when you're talking about a receiver trying the learn to catch in the NFL.

those who think it's not a bit deal are way off the mark, IMO. I think I've seen enough to know that Hill will never have solid hands. the only hope, IMO, is that he can become adequate at catching the ball, and then use his other skills to become an above average receiver. but when it comes to catching, I really doubt he'll ever be good.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    the whole point of this thread is that the "he'll learn" approach doesn't really work when you're talking about a receiver trying the learn to catch in the NFL.

those who think it's not a bit deal are way off the mark, IMO. I think I've seen enough to know that Hill will never have solid hands. the only hope, IMO, is that he can become adequate at catching the ball, and then use his other skills to become an above average receiver. but when it comes to catching, I really doubt he'll ever be good.
    agree but hope you're wrong. standout wrs even at a very young age catch with their hands with their arms outstretched and not their bodies. hill doesnt do either very well.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post

Agreed.