Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McElroy

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Your laughable, you talk about reality in Tebow being brought here as some publicity stunt thus no chance of playing, but yet you see the 3rd stringer starting before the 2nd stringer, who's delusional now? Oh and by the way, been a Jet fan since 1967 (45 years) I probably have socks older than you and I rotate them frequently.
    I was saying what I would do dip$hit, of course Tebow would start before McElroy because of Woody. If you've been watching football that long it would seem that you'd be a little more knowledgeable about the game. However with your lack of reading comprehension and senility I can believe you are old as GD dirt though.

Let me say this about McElroy :

I still don't like what he did *BUT* I'm at the point where I'm willing to just forget it as long as he gets a shot and SHOWS US *SOMETHING*.

Hell....He might even pull a Ray Lucas...

But Rex won't do that 'cause he's busy making fun of his brother "crying".

Folks, if you want to scrap the current offense force all the offensive players to try and learn how to run the option system, then start Tebow. Keep in mind we need a few more speedy RB's and not sure where will get them.

I am amazed at all the "experts " who continue to think Mark is not he problem with Jets. Like today, defenses know if you put just a little pressure on Mark he is going to crumble. How many more high,low, wide left,wide right passes do both we and them need to see before they say enough is enough.
    I don't know how long the CS is willing to go along with this. I have to wonder if Woody is influencing them in the decisions they may want to make, but are not being allow to. With each game like todays, there job security must be shrinking and the clean sweep broom is getting closer.

I do know if we had Parcells running the show here Mark would be pulled at this point. So give Tebow a few games and get that out of the way. Then give GMac the rest of the season and see just what we have if anything. There is a reason this club went after P. Manning and with each passing game we are seeing more and more of it. We are never going to be competitive with Mark under center, he is at best a back up QB and will be out of here next season.

He will get a 4 game tryout at the end...

Guaranty it... They will need to see if he can play. I'd say what the hell and throw him out there sooner, but that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Only QB on our roster that gives us a chance. Going into the bye it can be done. Switch it.
    Agreed. My section was the only one chanting for him, not Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Agreed. My section was the only one chanting for him, not Tebow.
    Not true unless you were in 116. We had the whole bench turn and look at one point... and a pretty embarassed look it was on their face too.

I agree it's time to give him a chance. Sanchez is out of excuses. By now he should be able to audible to more decent plays and no longer be a turnover machine.

Tebow will never be the answer.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Yeah, number of posts definately equates to wonderlic score and right to state an opinion retard!

The ONLY thing number of posts equates to is how much time you have on your hands between wack offs.
    Great post right here

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    They're not going to start McElroy before they start Tebow.
    Only because it doesnt make more money for woody and thats all it really comes down too. Sad but true

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Only QB on our roster that gives us a chance. Going into the bye it can be done. Switch it.
    It'll never happen. Our coaching staff doesn't have a clue.

Bewildered Beast
    No; defenses will clamp down on this guy; the line is really struggling. We need Elway or Warren Moon or ...or...

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    McElroy is the only one of the 3 that we have no idea what he is capable of. It makes all the sense in the world but it won't happen unless Sanchez or Tebow get hurt.
    That's the bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I agree Jumbalaya. Win a championship in the SEC and you should get a shot in the NFL.
    Your thoughts on Tebow and his results to date in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    McElroy is the only one of the 3 that we have no idea what he is capable of. It makes all the sense in the world but it won't happen unless Sanchez or Tebow get hurt.
    You have no idea what Tebow is capable of, seeing as how the only thing you have seen of Tebow this year was him playing with the 2nd's and 3rd's in preseason.

Seriously, the silliness here amazes me. If you are ready to toss in the towel on Mark, then you probably believe that the season is lost. I don't think a single person here believes that McElroy is going to take this team to the playoffs.

That being the case, Tebow is #2 on the depth chart, so throw him in for a few games and see what happens. If he does well, fine. If not, THEN pull him and go with McElroy to finish out the season. Hell, even if Tebow does ok, if the Jets are out of the playoff picture, then still give McElroy some starts to see what he can do.

I would take Kevin O'Connell out there.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Folks, if you want to scrap the current offense force all the offensive players to try and learn how to run the option system, then start Tebow. Keep in mind we need a few more speedy RB's and not sure where will get them.

I am amazed at all the "experts " who continue to think Mark is not he problem with Jets. Like today, defenses know if you put just a little pressure on Mark he is going to crumble. How many more high,low, wide left,wide right passes do both we and them need to see before they say enough is enough.
    I don't know how long the CS is willing to go along with this. I have to wonder if Woody is influencing them in the decisions they may want to make, but are not being allow to. With each game like todays, there job security must be shrinking and the clean sweep broom is getting closer.

I do know if we had Parcells running the show here Mark would be pulled at this point. So give Tebow a few games and get that out of the way. Then give GMac the rest of the season and see just what we have if anything. There is a reason this club went after P. Manning and with each passing game we are seeing more and more of it. We are never going to be competitive with Mark under center, he is at best a back up QB and will be out of here next season.
    Thanks, Flo, someone with some logical and rational thought. Makes sense does it not?

My two cents is that Denver made that conversion to adapt to the Tebow type run option offense, why can't we. If we can't then it just proves our organization and coaching staff is poor not the personnel.

Love the Parcells remark because it is most absolutley true. He would not accept this QB play, hell, he went to Ray Lucas and Tebow is 10x the player Lucas was.