Great post OP. I can't believe all of the negativity on this board. SOJF here prefer celebrating a loss than a win. It's pathetic. Here are some other positives from the game:
- We won the ToP battle
- We stopped the run
- We averaged 5 ypc
- Our franchise QB put up big yards
- Maybin doubled his season tackle total in 1 game
It's clear that Rex has this team moving in the right direction. We've just had some bad breaks along the way. If we continue to play at this level good things will happen.
Not to mention, Calvin Pace registered a sack! They had to have replayed that at least 20 times on the jumbo tron when showing highlights from the game, so that was pretty big. Also, Stephen Hill caught a 12 yard pass, got pushed out to the Dolphins sideline, spiked the ball (team down by 24), AND didn't get a penalty!!!
We can still run the table .... Sparano is making great play calls, Sanchez looks great out there, if he gets protection he'll be fine. The defense's pass rush was there today they were just 4 seconds too slow but Rex will figure it out. Special teams won't continue playing this bad West is a genius.
Positives from the game
- None of our players died
- Sparano showed no matter what he will always run the ball up the middle on 1st down when it counts when the game is still in hand.
- Greene made some plays when it didn't matter and when the Dolphins were in a soft prevent to convince the coaches he's still worth getting every carry.
- Stephen Hill dropped a pass in the end zone again but this time he was slightly blinded by a defender.
All in all ... thinks are looking up.
"Sanchez just had bad technique on the one throw... correctable... a fluke even"