Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who going to be the GM and Head Coach next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Answer:

Coach: Rex Ryan
    GM: Mike Tannenbaum

Don't get your hopes up because this owner will crush them. Prepare yourself mentally starting now.
    You're right. Woody loves Tanny and Rex. They're going to get another year..........with Tebow as the QB.

All Pro
    GM : Marty Schottenheimer

HC : Brian Schottenheimer

OC : Chad Pennington

DC : Kirt Schottenheimer

ST : Ben Kotwica

Defensive scheme : Tampa 2, 43 defense with Damario Davis at the MLBer position.

Offensive scheme: WCO : Draft Tyler Bray and have him compete with Mark Sanchez and McElroy for the starting Job. Sanchez is not going anywhere before 2014.

All League
    I agree that woody loves Rex and Tanny but if cowher is interested in the job I think woody will make the move....Rex is just not cut out for a head coach as Baltimore knew all to well. Defensive cord. Is where he belongs and should go.

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    I agree that woody loves Rex and Tanny but if cowher is interested in the job I think woody will make the move....Rex is just not cut out for a head coach as Baltimore knew all to well. Defensive cord. Is where he belongs and should go.

Cowher was rumored a couple of years ago and he didn't even interview. The smart people (e.g., Belichick circa 2000) can see a moron owner a mile away. Cowher is the dream scenario but there is almost no shot of that happening.

As clueless as Woody is...he is a businessman. If the bottom totally falls out this year, losing & no playoffs + fans stop showing up, etc...he will make a significant change somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    An SEC QB with great accuracy, pocket presense, and is highly regarded for his ability to read defenses?

Looks and sounds like the complete opposite of Sanchez to me.

Don't understand why so many are in love with Geno Smith. The kid is way too much of a boom or bust prospect and he certainly isn't RG3, no matter how many people want to believe that.
    Great accuracy? He is under 60% for the season.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...2/tyler-wilson

I like Wilson, but he is by no means a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    If they can convince bill polian to get off tvhe should be the first call. And before some people say all he did was draft manning think again. Freeny mathisclark harrison wayne faulk trade faulkthen draft james. Thurman thomas .the track record is there. Polian has to be convinced to come out of retirement
    LOL. The most recent move you are praising occurred in 2003. He was GM for a full 8 years after that during which time he "built" the NFL's worst supporting cast behind Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Coach? Rex Ryan. GM? Rex Ryan. It's time to unleash his creativity and not handcuff him with a beancounter GM.
    LOfeakinL

Yeah. Today is all Tannys fault. The SF game was all Tannys fault. It's not directly Tannys job to have the team prepared on Sunday to play. That is the HCs job.

Wake up. Rex isn't a HC. Period. End of story.

All League
    The sad truth is that Rex's two AFC Championship appearances will give him an extra year at the helm. He is a great DC but not a great HC. I think Tanny may be the goat that is let go because at the end of the season when Woody starts asking other respected owners or GM's about what they see when they look at the Jets, unanimously they will say the Jets lack talent, even if Holmes and Revis are healthy. There isn't anyone that you have to game plan for on offense including our $$$$ WR Holmes. Revis limits what your top WR will do on game day, but you can work around that. The lack of talent on this team is alarming and so is the number of 1st & 2nd round picks who aren't producing. At the end of the day name one player who will make the pro-bowl on the Jets roster this year? All Pro? 1st team offense or defense? Shoot, 2nd team offense or defense? Right, lack of talent means GM should go especially if you have 2 consecutive seasons with mediocre and losing records.

All League
    If I was looking to build a franchise from scratch in NY, the firs tguy I am interviewing is Kevin Abrams, the current assistant GM for the NY Giants. I'm not convinced he would be interested, but the Giants have hit home runs and just about every level of their team.

they have hit on high draft picks that were questioned by the entire league, Eli, JPP, etc. they have hit on probably the most talented undrafted player in quite some time in Cruz. they dont have any terrible contracts that cripple the team. in fact, they are able to build through the draft that negates the need for dishing out bad contracts.

He wouldnt be the only guy, proabaly would interview one of Dimitroff's Lt.s down in Atlanta as well.

As far as coach, I would insist on an offensive guy because we have been so bad offensively since the mid 80s shy of 1998. Chip Kelly from Oregon, Jay Gruden from The Bengals. Hell, if we couldn't get either of them, at this point, Sherman in Miami or Gilbride would be a an improvement offensively.

As far as QB, it is still way too early to figure out who of Smith, Barkley, Wilson, or Bray, etc. is worthy.

This obsession with either Geno or Tyler is as bad as my obsession with Braylon.

Besides, I'm not sure the Jets will get a shot at either.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Coach? Rex Ryan. GM? Rex Ryan. It's time to unleash his creativity and not handcuff him with a beancounter GM.
    Rex already is the GM.

The only way Woody will make a change is if he feels this incompetency in his pocket book. So who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I hope you're right. Cowher would definitely put this organization back on the right track.

Back after Mangini was fired, Cowher was the guy I wanted the most. When that fell through, my choice of assistant coaches was Rex Ryan.

I truly hope Rex doesn't get fired though. I don't think he should be blamed for this train wreck. If Rex refuses to bench Sanchez for the entire season, then I think he'll likely lose his job and he should. But if he benches Sanchez, I think he should keep his job. People shouldn't forget how close he got us to the SB in 2009 and 2010.
    Yeah ok fruitcake. Bench Sanchez. It really dosen't matter who is put in at QB when you can't run the ball, catch the ball, run routes or pass or run block. We are a trainwreck of an organizaion. No talent to do anything. Just look at the whole picture as opossed blaming everything on Sanchez. He played pretty good and took the team to 2 AFC CG's. Look who we had at skill positions who we are missing now.... a lot of talent missing.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieT View Post
    Yeah ok fruitcake. Bench Sanchez. It really dosen't matter who is put in at QB when you can't run the ball, catch the ball, run routes or pass or run block. We are a trainwreck of an organizaion. No talent to do anything. Just look at the whole picture as opossed blaming everything on Sanchez. He played pretty good and took the team to 2 AFC CG's. Look who we had at skill positions who we are missing now.... a lot of talent missing.
    I don't even have time to tell you how wrong you are. You just keep making excuses for him just like every sold out Jets fan does on this board. Maybe someday you can actually convince yourself about the sh*t you are shovelling.

Undrafted Free Agent
    stop buying tickets and you'll see how fast he fires the bean counter and the fat clown

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    I'm saying Bill Cowher
    I hate to break it to you but Cowher is not a good coach. One super bowl in 16 seasons is not great by any stretch. Then couple that with the fact that the team won super bowls at a much more rapid rate after he left is all you need to know.

Unfortunately, I suspect that we will get one more year of Tannenbaum and Mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Unfortunately, I suspect that we will get one more year of Tannenbaum and Mouth.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    You're right. Woody loves Tanny and Rex. They're going to get another year..........with Tebow as the QB.
    You are correct here. TRUST me.