Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end for?

All League

The end for?

I consider myself fairly optimistic, but also very realistic when watching the Jets. I think it's safe to say, not much should be expected going forward in regards to W/L record.

That being said, who is going to be losing their job because of this? I am curious to what people think will happen, not what they'd like to, because I know what the majority of people want to happen. Here's my list of people I don't think will be coming back, or at least as starters.

Sanchez
    Greene
    Moore
    Pouha
    Pace
    Thomas
    Tannenbaum
    Rex

Veteran
    Pouha??? I don't think so.
    Rex/Sparano/Tanny/Petine. I think Sanchez may get traded but they can't afford to cut him so a strict diciplinarian is needed with a ball control offense. Hopefully a new coach will have a shorter and quicker hook.

Veteran
    You really think Tanny and Rex will be gone? The jets would have to go 5-11 or worse to it even be a possibility and even that might be iffy. Don't get me wrong, I would have no issue if either were fired but I don't think woody will do it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    Rex/Sparano/Tanny/Petine. I think Sanchez may get traded but they can't afford to cut him so a strict diciplinarian is needed with a ball control offense. Hopefully a new coach will have a shorter and quicker hook.
    Pouha will be on the roster due to his contract(I would assume) but his play has declined enourmously, whether it be to injury or other factors. He is a shell of the player he was. If Rex is gone, and they bring in a coach that doesn't run a 3-4, Pouha doesn't really have a place.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    You really think Tanny and Rex will be gone? The jets would have to go 5-11 or worse to it even be a possibility and even that might be iffy. Don't get me wrong, I would have no issue if either were fired but I don't think woody will do it.
    I'm not completely sure, but it would seem Woody is a guy that enjoys media attention/big splash sort of things, and if it gets bad enough, people will be calling for their heads, and not just in NY, so I think it's possible. I waivered on the Rex/Tanny one. I like Rex, don't like Tanny, hate Rex's offensive coordinator choices.

All Pro
    I still believe Sanchez deserves a year with a decent supporting cast, but time is running out, quick. Pace is just awful, both at the point of attack and in space. Moore's play has not just slipped, it's sheared from the rest of the mountain. Problem there is that his backup is quite possibly worse.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Pouha will be on the roster due to his contract(I would assume) but his play has declined enourmously, whether it be to injury or other factors. He is a shell of the player he was. If Rex is gone, and they bring in a coach that doesn't run a 3-4, Pouha doesn't really have a place.
    Hard to abandon the 3-4 when the team is being built around it. Pouha had a bad back injury and may come back, we just resigned him. Would Cowher work for us??

All League
    I'm not completely sure, but it would seem Woody is a guy that enjoys media attention/big splash sort of things, and if it gets bad enough, people will be calling for their heads, and not just in NY, so I think it's possible. I waivered on the Rex/Tanny one. I like Rex, don't like Tanny, hate Rex's offensive coordinator choices.
    Lets see the size of Woody's balls, I hope he does it.

Veteran
    This team is not built for a3/4 either. The strength of a 3/4 isoutside lbs and this team has none. Wilkenson and Coples would fit into a 4/3 better than the defense they arein now.UOTE=usapaw;4666753]Hard to abandon the 3-4 when the team is being built around it. Pouha had a bad back injury and may come back, we just resigned him. Would Cowher work for us??[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Just totally clean f*cking house

I'd rather go through a 2-3 year rebuilding phase instead of treading water with this garbage.

Veteran
    who's gonna trade for sanchez?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    who's gonna trade for sanchez?
    nobody..Al Davis is dead.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    This team is not built for a3/4 either. The strength of a 3/4 isoutside lbs and this team has none. Wilkenson and Coples would fit into a 4/3 better than the defense they arein now.UOTE=usapaw;4666753]Hard to abandon the 3-4 when the team is being built around it. Pouha had a bad back injury and may come back, we just resigned him. Would Cowher work for us??
    [/QUOTE]

You have a valid point with these old hags at LB.

All League
    Yes it can be very, very difficult when transitioning between defenses, but I think we have enough DL that could play in either scheme. The linebacker position is where this team would struggle with a transition. Harris isn't a fit for a 4-3, and Davis is likely the only LB on the roster that could play a 4-3 LB position(but I'm not sure which he would be best suited for.

That being said, IF they make a change, they can't get pulled into that trap worrying about that. If the best guy for the job wants to employ a 4-3, then you have to go with the best man for the job and revamp the personnel to fit the scheme.

In regard to Cowher, some people like him, and rightfully so, but he wouldn't be my choice. I think he's a bit overrated, certainly good, but no sure fire SB winner, that's for sure. If they made a change, I'd love them to give a look at Jay Gruden. Really good offensive mind, and he's got the bloodlines to be a HC.

Regardless of any scenario that plays out, we not a player or 2 away. There are some serious issues up and down the roster, so in my mind, the biggest move they can make is getting a new GM and replenish the roster through the draft. I don't have confidence Tanny can do that.

All Pro
    Yes it can be very, very difficult when transitioning between defenses, but I think we have enough DL that could play in either scheme. The linebacker position is where this team would struggle with a transition. Harris isn't a fit for a 4-3, and Davis is likely the only LB on the roster that could play a 4-3 LB position(but I'm not sure which he would be best suited for.

That being said, IF they make a change, they can't get pulled into that trap worrying about that. If the best guy for the job wants to employ a 4-3, then you have to go with the best man for the job and revamp the personnel to fit the scheme.
    Harris would be pretty good as a strong side LB in a 4-3. Davis would be ok as a MLB, not sure if he can play in space as a Will. The two DEs aren't a great fit, but they may work as DTs.

All League
    Fu(king tanny!!!

All League
    nobody..Al Davis is dead.
    LOL...sad but true.

Practice Squad
    Tanny, Rex, Sporano, Cavanaugh, Greene, Tebow, Scott, Pace, Moore, and Thomas, to start with...

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Tanny, Rex, Sporano, Cavanaugh, Greene, Tebow, Scott, Pace, Moore, and Thomas, to start with...
    LOL are you trolling us? So everyone but the waterboy has to go before Sanchez?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Lets see the size of Woody's balls, I hope he does it.
    Seats are Sold,PSL's too.
    Woody's more concerned with the election than J.E.T.S.