Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Why? Why won't they make a change?

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Meadville, Pa.
    Posts
    410

    Why? Why won't they make a change?

    The game was basically over at the latest, early third qtr. Why not try Tebow, McElroy, anyone. Don't you have to do something as a coach to turn the game around? It was another pathetic, embarrassing performance by bthe team. At home no less.

  2. #2
    They don't wanna fuel the Tebowmania ordeal. If they intend to stick with Mark, why would they put Tim in when it'll only raise questions?

  3. #3
    Not sure if McElroy was even active???

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Meadville, Pa.
    Posts
    410
    Don't know if he was active either. Somebody! "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! We aren't!

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by PENJET View Post
    The game was basically over at the latest, early third qtr. Why not try Tebow, McElroy, anyone. Don't you have to do something as a coach to turn the game around? It was another pathetic, embarrassing performance by bthe team. At home no less.
    Because in some aspects if you do that there is no turning back, how often have you seen that done, QB's aren't hockey goalies.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,841
    tebow isn't going to solve the problem on offense. the playcalling and shoddy coaching is where the problem is.

  7. #7
    they wont make a change because tebow is horrible , they see it everyday in practice m bringing in tebow was a huge mistake.

    If a change is made they should go to Mcelroy to see if the kid can play and whether he can be the QB of the future.

    but the jets will stick with Sanchez

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PENJET View Post
    The game was basically over at the latest, early third qtr. Why not try Tebow, McElroy, anyone. Don't you have to do something as a coach to turn the game around? It was another pathetic, embarrassing performance by bthe team. At home no less.
    Because the Coaching Staff have no intention of playing Tebow. They never did apparently. Tebow would probably be horrible anyway.

    Because the coaching staff is stubborn, and refuse to see what most of us see, that Sanchez is horrible and a turnover machine.

    Because McElroy is a nobody JAG unworthy of a shot no matter how many fans clamor for it in typical SOJF-loves-the-#3 style.

    This is what it is. Sanchez will play the entire year, he won't be cut, he won't be replaced, he will turn the ball over, and over and over.

    Get used to it.
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-28-2012 at 05:56 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Because in some aspects if you do that there is no turning back, how often have you seen that done, QB's aren't hockey goalies.
    Only reason that there would be no turning back is if Tebow or McElroy come in and show some promise. Even then, if they don't play "lights out", then if Sanchez actually shows some cajones, he can take the position back during the week.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    they wont make a change because tebow is horrible , they see it everyday in practice m bringing in tebow was a huge mistake.
    That's pure conjecture on your part.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,145
    Because Rex is as stubborn and clueless as the day is long

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    That's pure conjecture on your part.

    Then why is he not playing ?

    and why couldn't the Broncos get Tebow out of their team?

    and why did not only team other than the fool jets try to trade for Tebow?

    and why does every analyst / guys that played QB say Tebow cant play the position?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Then why is he not playing ?

    and why couldn't the Broncos get Tebow out of their team?

    and why did not only team other than the fool jets try to trade for Tebow?

    and why does every analyst / guys that played QB say Tebow cant play the position?
    Why isn't he playing ? Who knows ? Bad coaching decision ? Why has Sparano stuck with Greene as the starter when everyone here on this forum can see that he sucks and that Powell should be the starter ? Or that McKnight should get many more carries ?

    Why did they stick with WFH for so long ? Why were they so slow in figuring out that Slauson can't run block worth a damn ?

    Secondly, please point out when it was that Tebow had any substantive 1st team snaps, which is something that you would need to see to make any real determination as to his current abilities.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Why isn't he playing ? Who knows ? Bad coaching decision ? Why has Sparano stuck with Greene as the starter when everyone here on this forum can see that he sucks and that Powell should be the starter ? Or that McKnight should get many more carries ?

    Why did they stick with WFH for so long ? Why were they so slow in figuring out that Slauson can't run block worth a damn ?

    Secondly, please point out when it was that Tebow had any substantive 1st team snaps, which is something that you would need to see to make any real determination as to his current abilities.

    Tebow is not the answer the Jets coaching staff is telling you that because they wont play him.

    Tebow was brought in here for publicity and to sell jerseys that is all, it was an owners move, not coaches move.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Tebow is not the answer the Jets coaching staff is telling you that because they wont play him.

    Tebow was brought in here for publicity and to sell jerseys that is all, it was an owners move, not coaches move.
    Again, conjecture and presumption. The Jets might not be playing Tebow because Rex is loyal to the guy he personally chose to trade up for and take in the draft. You know, Sanchez ? The guy they signed to that big assed contract, and then just extended this offseason?

    Point is that there are any number of reasons as to why they haven't played Tebow, and you are certainly in no position to claim that you view is beyond doubt.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Because the Coaching Staff have no intention of playing Tebow. They never did apparently. Tebow would probably be horrible anyway.

    Because the coaching staff is stubborn, and refuse to see what most of us see, that Sanchez is horrible and a turnover machine.

    Because McElroy is a nobody JAG unworthy of a shot no matter how many fans clamor for it in typical SOJF-loves-the-#3 style.

    This is what it is. Sanchez will play the entire year, he won't be cut, he won't be replaced, he will turn the ball over, and over and over.

    Get used to it.
    This.


    We're stuck. I'm fully off the Sanchez bandwagon now, but he's going to be the QB for the rest of the year...and probably for next year too.

  17. #17
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    411
    Rex is afraid to use Tebow because if he does well, the team and fans will be calling for him to make the change permanent. Then Rex has a sulking Sanchez on the team for the next two years and Tanny has to admit he had another high draft pick bust.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Again, conjecture and presumption. The Jets might not be playing Tebow because Rex is loyal to the guy he personally chose to trade up for and take in the draft. You know, Sanchez ? The guy they signed to that big assed contract, and then just extended this offseason?

    Point is that there are any number of reasons as to why they haven't played Tebow, and you are certainly in no position to claim that you view is beyond doubt.

    it is not speculation on my part , just open your eyes they wont play him because he is horrible, he is a personal punt protector, he is a RB , he is a TE the thing he is not is a QB.


    listen to all the ex QB's they all say the same thing he cant throw , he can not play the QB position that is why he is not playing regardless of how poorly Mark Sanchez is playing.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    they wont make a change because tebow is horrible , they see it everyday in practice m bringing in tebow was a huge mistake.

    If a change is made they should go to Mcelroy to see if the kid can play and whether he can be the QB of the future.

    but the jets will stick with Sanchez
    You know tebow is horrible based on what? Oh practice, you mean the pseudo work day where the crap we saw today was rehearsed.

    Tebow may in fact suck as our qb but lets see the play on the field where it actually matters to determine that. People say tebow can't play because he is inaccurate well really can you say that sanchez is accurate...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    They don't wanna fuel the Tebowmania ordeal. If they intend to stick with Mark, why would they put Tim in when it'll only raise questions?
    If mark is so mentally fragile then he shouldn't be a pro qb never mind a NJ starting qb.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us