Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Why? Why won't they make a change?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Rex is afraid to use Tebow because if he does well, the team and fans will be calling for him to make the change permanent. Then Rex has a sulking Sanchez on the team for the next two years and Tanny has to admit he had another high draft pick bust.

  2. #22
    The front office and coach are going to let the QB take them down with him. Loyalty in this business is a double edged sword and they call qb busts coach killers, but really it is the coaches and gms themselves who refuse to make changes that get what they deserve.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Then why is he not playing ?

    and why couldn't the Broncos get Tebow out of their team?

    and why did not only team other than the fool jets try to trade for Tebow?

    and why does every analyst / guys that played QB say Tebow cant play the position?
    For the same reason a few retreads are still starters on the jets; rex is a poor hc and it gets more obvious each week. His dc status is more in question too as time goes by. Would he be regarded as a d guru without suggs, reed, ngata, lewis, and other all pro players he had?

    The broncos did get tebow off the team but only did so after they got peyton. The same guy the jets would have dropped mark for in a second if they could have gotten him.

    Analysts are talking heads and most know very little. Former QBs can say whatever they want. I want to see him on the field for an extended period of time with plays other then a run up the middle. The one pass I saw this year from tebow was a perfectly thrown bomb that bounced off the wr's hands. Oh btw the wr was in full stride not waiting for the ball or climbing a ladder outstretched or reaching back trying to catch a poor throw a.k.a. (a typical sanchez throw).
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 10-28-2012 at 06:40 PM.

  4. #24
    Because there's some cruel brand of torture that is reserved only for jets fans that's why.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    it is not speculation on my part , just open your eyes they wont play him because he is horrible, he is a personal punt protector, he is a RB , he is a TE the thing he is not is a QB.


    listen to all the ex QB's they all say the same thing he cant throw , he can not play the QB position that is why he is not playing regardless of how poorly Mark Sanchez is playing.

    Again with the speculative bull****. You don't know how he would do at QB right now. You have no idea as to whether he made significant improvement in his mechanics in the offseason or if he got better in reading defenses.

    BTW, you want to talk about experts and ex QBs ? I'll go with John Gruden and Steve Young, two guys that have actually spent time with Tebow instead of just viewing some game tape on him.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Again with the speculative bull****. You don't know how he would do at QB right now. You have no idea as to whether he made significant improvement in his mechanics in the offseason or if he got better in reading defenses.

    BTW, you want to talk about experts and ex QBs ? I'll go with John Gruden and Steve Young, two guys that have actually spent time with Tebow instead of just viewing some game tape on him.
    Did you not watch him play during preseason? Yeah he still can't throw the ball; it's not speculation. BTW Steve Young also said that no QB could be successful with the offensive players the Jets are fielding right now.

    I really wish they would start Tebow so we can get his BS out of town. The Jets aren't going to win s h i t with the way this team is playing anyway.

  7. #27
    " Mark is our guy"
    " I believe in Mark Sanchez"
    "I thought Mark played pretty well today"
    "Mark Sanchez is the quarterback of the New York Jets"

    Rex Ryan after every Jet debacle

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304

    Answer to the OP's question

    Because Rex Ryan is right when he say's that Mark Sanchez gives the Jets the best cahnce to win.

    Let's be clear, if the Jets sit Sanchez, it's Tebow time and dispite what some fans want to believe, Tim Tebow is not a valid NFL option at QB. The guy is an excellent football player, but he cannot run a conventional NFL offense.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Did you not watch him play during preseason? Yeah he still can't throw the ball; it's not speculation. BTW Steve Young also said that no QB could be successful with the offensive players the Jets are fielding right now.

    I really wish they would start Tebow so we can get his BS out of town. The Jets aren't going to win s h i t with the way this team is playing anyway.

    Are you referring to the same Jets preseason where everyone talked about how Mark's performances were seriously affected by the fact that the Oline sucked and he was throwing to 2nd team/rookie receivers ?

    I always laughed about that. People would say that Sanchez didn't have anyone to throw to, but then they'd turn around and say that Tebow sucked, when, BY DEFINITION, the guys he was surrounded with were even lower on the depth chart. You know, those future insurance salesman.

    As for Tebow's passing in the preseason, did you notice that he rarely, if ever, threw a ball in the dirt (as he was prone to do last year) ? That he was hitting tight passing windows on slants and other routes, which he didn't do last year ?

  10. #30
    I don't think Tebow is the answer.

    I KNOW Sanchez is not the answer.

    I want Tim to at least get a chance. This team has single handedly hamstrung his career.

    If this happens and Tebow sucks ... Controversy is over.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Because the Coaching Staff have no intention of playing Tebow. They never did apparently. Tebow would probably be horrible anyway.

    Because the coaching staff is stubborn, and refuse to see what most of us see, that Sanchez is horrible and a turnover machine.

    Because McElroy is a nobody JAG unworthy of a shot no matter how many fans clamor for it in typical SOJF-loves-the-#3 style.

    This is what it is. Sanchez will play the entire year, he won't be cut, he won't be replaced, he will turn the ball over, and over and over.

    Get used to it.
    Warfish,

    Whether McElrat is a JAG or not, we really won't know for certain UNLESS HE GETS A LEGIT OPPORTUNITY to Prove your point OR to surprise us all.

    But Rex won't even keep him Active.
    Last edited by Vin; 10-28-2012 at 09:08 PM.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,991
    I love the "theres no turning back" stuff. No turning back from what? A sh!tty ass qb?

    You cant have sanchez as the #1 qb next year anyway. No one will go to the games if he is behind center.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Because Rex Ryan is right when he say's that Mark Sanchez gives the Jets the best cahnce to win.

    Let's be clear, if the Jets sit Sanchez, it's Tebow time and dispite what some fans want to believe, Tim Tebow is not a valid NFL option at QB. The guy is an excellent football player, but he cannot run a conventional NFL offense.
    You are right in your post!!!!

    But who's fault is that?????

    This FO should have brought in Gerrard or Cambell anyone who they would have felt comfortable in sitting Sanchez down for!!!!

    I know some folks think otherwise I just DON'T think they have a COHERENT plan!!!!

    It is a disgrace.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You are right in your post!!!!

    But who's fault is that?????

    This FO should have brought in Gerrard or Cambell anyone who they would have felt comfortable in sitting Sanchez down for!!!!

    I know some folks think otherwise I just DON'T think they have a COHERENT plan!!!!

    It is a disgrace.
    They did,and when someone i have to believe they thought was better came available they upgraded.

    Here's my problem with all this. If Tim Tebow is not an option at QB that gives this team a chance to win, then why did this FO trade for him.

    Question needs to be asked. Did this HC and this GM trade for Tebow because the owner insisted and they did so to keep their jobs. If you don't stand for something, you usually fall for anything. The Jets are falling but is it because they refused to stand for what was good for the team instead of doing what was good for the owner?

  15. #35

    B/c they know Tebow can't play...

    Woody forced him on them.... Made them dump their backup qb that they actually had as a plan...

    Woody loves to be "back page off season champions."

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You are right in your post!!!!

    But who's fault is that?????

    This FO should have brought in Gerrard or Cambell anyone who they would have felt comfortable in sitting Sanchez down for!!!!

    I know some folks think otherwise I just DON'T think they have a COHERENT plan!!!!

    It is a disgrace.
    You know the answer to that my friend. Gerard or Campbell would not have created a buzz and since Favre our owner is all about buzz. It's obvious Rex didn't want Tebow. Tannenbaum was a great judge of talent when he was drafting with Mangini. Now all of a sudden he isn't? A GM and coach are beholden to their owner. Tanny and Rex don't have the stature to give Woody ultimatums. Unfortunately for them they will be long gone whileWoody still owns the team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us