Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would I be jumping ship if??

All League

Would I be jumping ship if??

OK been with this team for ****ing 35yrs....Every ****ing sun. never missed a game, making reasons during the week why we will win...Tired of it..I now am considering watching and rooting for the Redskins.They have a loosing record, they have a rookie QB, they got beat today...So if I turned coat and became a skins fan now would I be a trader???....Haaaa...**** these Jets..

Bandwagon all you want. Be my guest.

Veteran
    not a trader, but a bandwagon jumper. everyone loves RG3, and you're too late to join in. staying on this sinking ship shows you have character.

All League
    RG3 ......

No one gives a **** what you do.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i'm rooting for the local team the niners this year until tanny and rex get fired

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    not a trader, but a bandwagon jumper. everyone loves RG3, and you're too late to join in. staying on this sinking ship shows you have character.
    I am tired of having character...

I can't blame you. I can't do it as it is like leaving your nagging ugly b*tch wife after 44 years. Grin and bear it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    No one gives a **** what you do.

Why the **** did you reply then....?..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Get on the bus.

Jets Insider VIP
    No, get on MY bus!

<-------------

I'm not jumping off the ship but I'm cheering for the Giants a lot more these days. A. I'm a New Yorker 1st ... B. they know how to handle business .. C. They have a real GM, real pass rush, clutch QB, and their team is all business.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Get on the bus.

lmaooooo

I really don't see how people can just switch teams. Let alone switch teams and maintain any self-respect.

I live in Houston, surrounded by Texans fans who like nothing more than to lol @ me. But do I jump ship? No. Why? Because I'm not a beta.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Get on the bus.

Discount double check

Hall Of Fame
    Get on the bus.

in central new jersey, a well coiffed italian has been spotted doing the discount double check

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I really don't see how people can just switch teams. Let alone switch teams and maintain any self-respect.

I live in Houston, surrounded by Texans fans who like nothing more than to lol @ me. But do I jump ship? No. Why? Because I'm not a beta.
    I was talking to my friend about this today. Why is it, in this society, ok to divorce a wife but not switch sports teams? I mean, be honest. If a friend of yours goes through a tough time with his wife, and they divorce, almost no judgement. But same friend stops rooting for a sports franchise that blows goats for nickels and he's a bandwagon jumping traitor with no self-respect. I just don't get it. If the Jets were a woman, I would've dumped the ***** a LONG time ago.

Edited to say - It's funny you mention the Texans. I live in Arlington and am rooting for that team hard (except against the Jets). Why?

1. I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE the Cowboys.
    2. I HATE the Colts. Was more so when Manning was on the team, but I still hate em.
    3. New franchise that were dumped on for a long time. Everyone loves an underdog.
    Last edited by Irish Pride; 10-28-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
    I was talking to my friend about this today. Why is it, in this society, ok to divorce a wife but not switch sports teams? I mean, be honest. If a friend of yours goes through a tough time with his wife, and they divorce, almost no judgement. But same friend stops rooting for a sports franchise that blows goats for nickels and he's a bandwagon jumping traitor with no self-respect. I just don't get it. If the Jets were a woman, I would've dumped the ***** a LONG time ago.
    Yea, but it's different. I understand the logic, but it's just not the same thing.

Veteran
    Maybe I'm rooting a little bit for the Browns. Hell, they suck and everybody knows it, but they're honest and don't give you any hope at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    OK been with this team for ****ing 35yrs....Every ****ing sun. never missed a game, making reasons during the week why we will win...Tired of it..I now am considering watching and rooting for the Redskins.They have a loosing record, they have a rookie QB, they got beat today...So if I turned coat and became a skins fan now would I be a trader???....Haaaa...**** these Jets..
    Man. Loyalty does it not mean anything to you?