Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would I be jumping ship if??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
    I was talking to my friend about this today. Why is it, in this society, ok to divorce a wife but not switch sports teams? I mean, be honest. If a friend of yours goes through a tough time with his wife, and they divorce, almost no judgement. But same friend stops rooting for a sports franchise that blows goats for nickels and he's a bandwagon jumping traitor with no self-respect. I just don't get it. If the Jets were a woman, I would've dumped the ***** a LONG time ago.

Edited to say - It's funny you mention the Texans. I live in Arlington and am rooting for that team hard (except against the Jets). Why?

1. I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE the Cowboys.
    2. I HATE the Colts. Was more so when Manning was on the team, but I still hate em.
    3. New franchise that were dumped on for a long time. Everyone loves an underdog.
    dude, who the **** cares what others think? switch teams if it makes you happy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny you mention the Texans. I live in Arlington and am rooting for that team hard (except against the Jets). Why?

1. I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE the Cowboys.
    2. I HATE the Colts. Was more so when Manning was on the team, but I still hate em.
    3. New franchise that were dumped on for a long time. Everyone loves an underdog.
    Well, that itself is fine. Like, I root against other teams but I don't root FOR other teams.

Pretty much no matter who the Cowboys are playing, I root against them because my cousin is a 'Boys fan (he roots against my Jets, I root against his Cowboys. Kind of a rivalry between us).

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yea, but it's different. I understand the logic, but it's just not the same thing.
    Different how? A wife should be much more...personal. You should TRY to keep things together for a wife, if only for the kids sake. Who gives a frig what team someone roots for?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Different how? A wife should be much more...personal. You should TRY to keep things together for a wife, if only for the kids sake. Who gives a frig what team someone roots for?
    But that's my point; a wife means way more, so if she ****s you over then it's way more personal. Ergo, your team being losers isn't as bad.

To put it simply: People can bandwagon if they want. I don't really care. It's still a complete beta thing to do, though. I have no respect for someone who just switches teams because his/her team isn't doing well.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r0ka View Post
    dude, who the **** cares what others think? switch teams if it makes you happy
    It's hard to tell if you're speaking in general, or directly at me.

If it's in general, I agree.

If you're speaking directly to me, then I'll just say I wasn't talking about myself. I'm a Jets fan and that's just the way it is. I was only bringing up a topic my friend and I were discussing earlier and how warped it is that we look away from things like divorce but judge like a MFer at people who change sports loyalties.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    Discount double check
    I have to ask. Who is that chick on the right?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking to my friend about this today. Why is it, in this society, ok to divorce a wife but not switch sports teams
    It's really not a fair analogy.

This team blows dick far more frequently than the typical wife.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post

Boom.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    But that's my point; a wife means way more, so if she ****s you over then it's way more personal. Ergo, your team being losers isn't as bad.

To put it simply: People can bandwagon if they want. I don't really care. It's still a complete beta thing to do, though. I have no respect for someone who just switches teams because his/her team isn't doing well.
    That's the way I look at it, too. But I don't think someone changing sports team is that big of a deal, either. But that's just me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post

Touche.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the way I look at it, too. But I don't think someone changing sports team is that big of a deal, either. But that's just me.
    Well, I'm not saying I would protest someone's house if they switched teams, lol. It's one of those things where you have an opinion on it, but you really don't give a ****.

If someone switches teams, I don't respect it but I really don't care.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This **** is supposed to be entertainment. If you're not entertained, by all means follow a new team.

You can bet your ass they don't give a **** about us.