Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drew Stanton/Tim Tebow

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Yes, because the idea that Sanchez just simply isn't good enough is totally preposterous.

It's always "the Jets didn't put Sanchez in a position to succeed".

What a crock of sh*t. There are plenty of past failures at QB who would've killed to have the same setup that Sanchez had his first two years.

What kind of all-star talent does RG3 have around him on offense in Washington? Or Luck in Indy? Or Weeden in Cleveland? Or Tannehill in Miami?

All rookie QB's who are outperforming our supposed "franchise" QB who is in his 4th full year as a starter.

Sanchez sucks, period.
    The first two seasons Sanchez played well enough to get into the playoffs and exceeded expectations once he was there.

The first, Sanchez lead his team to a lead at halftime that Rex Ryan's defense couldnt keep in the second half.

The second, Rex Ryan's defense spots a 24 point lead before you can blink an eye. Sanchez leads a nice comeback that ends up just short. If I remember correctly, it was Rex Ryan's defense that needed a stop to gie Sanchez one more chance to tie it up with a TD but couldnt come up big when needed.

As for your rookie QBs:

RG3 has a top offensive minded HC, leading RB yards-wise in the NFL in Morris, leader in yardage at TE in Fred Davis before his injury, veteran Pro Bowl Wr Pierre Garcon and a veteran burner in Santana Moss.

Luck has veteran Pro Bowler Reggie Wayne

Weeden has Trent Richardson

Tannehill has Reggie Bush

I'd take anyone on these players over any JET presently

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why we're still talking about Drew Stanton.

It's as if everyone on this board hates Tebow's guts and thinks he's completely incapable as a QB just because of his popularity.

Last I checked, Tebow took a team to the playoffs last year and pulled a playoff upset against the best defense in the league. Meanwhile, Stanton has done absolutely nothing in his career worth noting.

I guess the "winning games is the only thing that matters" line only pertains to Sanchez
    I think the most ridiculous thing is that Sanchez is going to improve after 4 years of the same numbers, While Tebow who is younger and only started 14 career games CANT IMPROVE.

The season is done. Why in the world would you not throw Tebow out there?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, because the idea that Sanchez just simply isn't good enough is totally preposterous.

It's always "the Jets didn't put Sanchez in a position to succeed".

What a crock of sh*t. There are plenty of past failures at QB who would've killed to have the same setup that Sanchez had his first two years.

What kind of all-star talent does RG3 have around him on offense in Washington? Or Luck in Indy? Or Weeden in Cleveland? Or Tannehill in Miami?

All rookie QB's who are outperforming our supposed "franchise" QB who is in his 4th full year as a starter.

Sanchez sucks, period.
    Yahoo fantasy football currently has Sanchez ranked just below Matt Flynn - who isnt even playing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Yahoo fantasy football currently has Sanchez ranked just below Matt Flynn - who isnt even playing.
    When did fantasy football count towards winning the division?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    When did fantasy football count towards winning the division?
    Back when overall QB stats were found to correlate rather well with winning football games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Back when overall QB stats were found to correlate rather well with winning football games.
    Any stat on Yahoo about the starting CB who self proclaims himself as the best but takes stupid penalties to prolong opening drives that result in the offense playing catch up all game?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any stat on Yahoo about the starting CB who self proclaims himself as the best but takes stupid penalties to prolong opening drives that result in the offense playing catch up all game?
    Best as I can recall, that penalty came right at the end of a 20+ yard play that resulted in a 1st down anyways, so I'm not sure why you are claiming that it prolonged the opening drive.

If you are going to use $2 words, at least be sure that you understand the meaning of them first

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best as I can recall, that penalty came right at the end of a 20+ yard play that resulted in a 1st down anyways, so I'm not sure why you are claiming that it prolonged the opening drive.

If you are going to use $2 words, at least be sure that you understand the meaning of them first
    Block punt and TD

Onside kick

Block FG

Shawn Green

Tebow lined up as one of our starting QBs options to throw to

"Hot Sauce" comments all week that indirectly puts a bulls eye on our starting QBs back

Unblocked defenders T-ing off for a sack

Yeah, Sanchez has no excuses for his performance today..........

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Block punt and TD

Onside kick

Block FG

Shawn Green

Tebow lined up as one of our starting QBs options to throw to

"Hot Sauce" comments all week that indirectly puts a bulls eye on our starting QBs back

Unblocked defenders T-ing off for a sack

Yeah, Sanchez has no excuses for his performance today..........
    Blocked punt for a TD resulted in a whopping 7 pts for Miami. Even with that, coupled with Miami's opening drive for a score and the onside kick brought the game to exactly 10-0.

Wow, frakking earth shattering. Yep, the rest of the team let Sanchez down by putting him in such a big hole and making it impossible for him to do anything about it.

Here's something for you, just for kicks:

Code:
    START	QTR	POSS.	YARD	PLAYS	YARDS	RESULT
    09:25	1	01:23	NYJ 20	3	4	Punt
    06:28	1	02:29	NYJ 10	6	10	Blocked Punt
    03:59	1	02:15	NYJ 24	4	8	Fumble
    14:08	2	01:20	NYJ 29	3	9	Punt
    10:37	2	01:12	NYJ 20	3	-3	Punt
    06:59	2	01:59	NYJ 20	3	-1	Punt
    02:43	2	02:00	NYJ 13	9	70	Missed FG
    15:00	3	03:07	NYJ 46	8	34	Field Goal
    08:46	3	01:26	NYJ 12	4	41	Punt
    05:37	3	01:52	MIA 32	5	17	Intercepted Pass
    02:24	3	02:12	NYJ 12	7	19	Punt

Now, for an completely earth shattering stat:

First 6 (SIX) Drives: 22 plays for a net of 27 yards

That is why we lost.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we had Stanton, no doubt in my mind Sanchez gets pulled yesterday. Stanton wouldn't have been our savior, but Mark is done in NY. It's obvious that Tebow was our money-grubbing owner's brainchild. Only here to boost his bottom line b/c the guy doesn't even play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Not for nothing Buzz, but this isn't the problem either. Short of having a QB with a pedigree that Rex respects, no QB would do well in this idea of an offense that Rex keeps attempting to force down our throats. It's outdated, outmoded and unsustainable in today's NFL. He'll learn that lesson, likely when he is on his way out the door. Sadly, it ruined our best chance at a franchise QB in decades.

In Rex I do not trust. Officially off his bandwagon.
    +1

This is why I think Rex should leave as well with any type of house cleaning that comes in the next year or 2. YOU CANNOT WIN SB'S IN TODAY'S NFL WITHOUT A FRANCHISE QB AND A PASS HEAVY OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ironic thing is that if you look across the NFL, most teams are going with the same idea, or something close to it. Patriots ? Top 5 running game iirc. Packers would kill for a good running game. Giants have one (and had the threat of one last year). San Fran has one. The Texans have one.

So, maybe this whole "ground and pound" thing isn't as outdated as some think ?
    The pats are not ground and pound by any stretch of the imagination. If a rb lines up in the "I" 5 times a game I would be surprised. Likewise the pats don't even have a fullback on the roster. The pats running game is based out of a passing formation. Houston has two of the best RB in the AFC.

What is wrong with the jets is just a lack of talent on offense. not a philosophy or scheme issue. If they had Faneca and woody back and Moore was 3 years younger, and you had Thomas jones as a bell cow back, the ground and pound would be just as good an idea as it was then.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The pats are not ground and pound by any stretch of the imagination. If a rb lines up in the "I" 5 times a game I would be surprised. Likewise the pats don't even have a fullback on the roster. The pats running game is based out of a passing formation. Houston has two of the best RB in the AFC.

What is wrong with the jets is just a lack of talent on offense. not a philosophy or scheme issue. If they had Faneca and woody back and Moore was 3 years younger, and you had Thomas jones as a bell cow back, the ground and pound would be just as good an idea as it was then.

It doesn't matter if the RBs are lined up in passing formations or in the I. hell, Urban Meyer's Spread Option is "ground and pound" and they rarely used I formation.

Ground and pound is a philosophy, not a formation. It's a dedication to running the ball a lot. The devil is in the details though. Does "a lot" mean 50% of the time > 55% ? 60%?

In this "pass happy" era being talked about, the Pats have 210 passing attempts and 276 rushing attempts. That's a run/pass ratio of 55% rush to 45% pass.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter if the RBs are lined up in passing formations or in the I. hell, Urban Meyer's Spread Option is "ground and pound" and they rarely used I formation.

Ground and pound is a philosophy, not a formation. It's a dedication to running the ball a lot. The devil is in the details though. Does "a lot" mean 50% of the time > 55% ? 60%?

In this "pass happy" era being talked about, the Pats have 210 passing attempts and 276 rushing attempts. That's a run/pass ratio of 55% rush to 45% pass.
    The difference is the Pats don't live and die by the run. If the run doesn't work, they can throw the ball 50 times and win. The Jets and other "ground and pound" teams aren't built for that. The run game is complimentary with the Pats. It's not the philosophy. The Pats are a chameleon team when they're at their best on offense and when the defense is good. What the Pats do is get a sizable lead and then run the ball to kill the clock. They don't run to get the lead.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The difference is the Pats don't live and die by the run. If the run doesn't work, they can throw the ball 50 times and win. The Jets and other "ground and pound" teams aren't built for that. The run game is complimentary with the Pats. It's not the philosophy. The Pats are a chameleon team when they're at their best on offense and when the defense is good. What the Pats do is get a sizable lead and then run the ball to kill the clock. They don't run to get the lead.
    Actually, it's a mix as the Pats are successfully running the ball early in the game to take pressure off of Brady. It forces teams to play honest instead of selling out on pass rushing. It also forces teams to address the rush, thereby, not being able to drop extra defenders into coverage.

Take a look at the run splits by quarter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_...gland-patriots

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, it's a mix as the Pats are successfully running the ball early in the game to take pressure off of Brady. It forces teams to play honest instead of selling out on pass rushing. It also forces teams to address the rush, thereby, not being able to drop extra defenders into coverage.

Take a look at the run splits by quarter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_...gland-patriots
    Dude, I've followed the Pats for 40 years and I know exactly what they're doing. They are anything but ground and pound under BB. All you described is simple play action. Unlike a ground and pound team, if you want to drop 8 or 9 into the box, they aren't going to try and run the ball, they're going to kill you on the pass. The Pats are whatever you give them. This "balanced attack" you're describing is just the simple fact that they have a running game. It's not something that they live and die by. Ground and pound means you control the game through the run game. If you think that's what the Pats do, you know nothing about them or what they do from week to week.

Not to bash you but you really aren't that technical. Like your description of Florida's offense (calling it a wildcat with Tebow), it's completely wrong and that's okay, but you throw around labels without really knowing what they mean. The labels have very specific meanings to people who do more than casually watch the game and regurgitate what they hear on the news.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Dude, I've followed the Pats for 40 years and I know exactly what they're doing. They are anything but ground and pound under BB. All you described is simple play action. Unlike a ground and pound team, if you want to drop 8 or 9 into the box, they aren't going to try and run the ball, they're going to kill you on the pass. The Pats are whatever you give them. This "balanced attack" you're describing is just the simple fact that they have a running game. It's not something that they live and die by. Ground and pound means you control the game through the run game. If you think that's what the Pats do, you know nothing about them or what they do from week to week.

Not to bash you but you really aren't that technical. Like your description of Florida's offense (calling it a wildcat with Tebow), it's completely wrong and that's okay, but you throw around labels without really knowing what they mean. The labels have very specific meanings to people who do more than casually watch the game and regurgitate what they hear on the news.
    Just out of curiousity, where did I call Florida's offense a "wildcat with Tebow" ??

Secondly, go back and look at the post I initially replied to, AND read what I actually wrote in my reply:

Ironic thing is that if you look across the NFL, most teams are going with the same idea, or something close to it. Patriots ? Top 5 running game iirc. Packers would kill for a good running game. Giants have one (and had the threat of one last year). San Fran has one. The Texans have one.

So, maybe this whole "ground and pound" thing isn't as outdated as some think ?
    Do you see the highlighted, bold, and large font phrase OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO IT ?

The point that I am making is that instead of going to even more of a passing attack, in this pass happy league, teams like the Pats are going the other way. They are passing LESS and running MORE now. They've figured out that it does indeed help to have a strong rushing attack.

I'm not saying that Brady isn't going to pass anymore. Or that the Pats are going to a 60/40 run/pass ratio, but they have dialed the rushing game up and are relying less on the passing game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    This was basically going to be my reply too, which you beat me too. I have very little faith in Woody to go with the smart football decision vs. what might bring in more attention and $. Fans will keep going to the games and buying merchandise, especially with Tebow.
    It's sad, but it's unfortunately the truth. Not sure why anyone would believe Woody would be fine with benching (if Tebow were to start) or trading Tebow if his jersey is still crushing sales figures? What indication has Woody ever given that he's making a decision for football-reasons and not business-reasons?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buzz, there were a few of us who have stated this from day one. You wonder how much all of this set back Sanchez' development. Woody only had Tebow's marketability in his head and still does.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Yep FF is how you build winning teams....

Call up Tanny and Rex they seem to agree with you though!!