Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drew Stanton/Tim Tebow

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Yes, because the idea that Sanchez just simply isn't good enough is totally preposterous.

It's always "the Jets didn't put Sanchez in a position to succeed".

What a crock of sh*t. There are plenty of past failures at QB who would've killed to have the same setup that Sanchez had his first two years.

What kind of all-star talent does RG3 have around him on offense in Washington? Or Luck in Indy? Or Weeden in Cleveland? Or Tannehill in Miami?

All rookie QB's who are outperforming our supposed "franchise" QB who is in his 4th full year as a starter.

Sanchez sucks, period.
    Sadly, you are right. I wanted to blame everything on Shotty (who I still think sucks), but Sanchez is the problem.

That being said, I think you are nuts if you believe Tebow is going to get us wins. I just want Tebow in because I want a top 5 draft selection and I want to see Tanny get the boot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

stanton or tebow

the trade deadline has been extended.lets see what our marvelous front office comes up with.ha ha don't expect any miracles.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    if they dont start tebow in a couple of games...then they can turn around and say that he can b the starter next season.....better to start tebow so they know that they dont have a QB.........sanchez would be a good back up

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ch107 View Post
    if they dont start tebow in a couple of games...then they can turn around and say that he can b the starter next season.....better to start tebow so they know that they dont have a QB.........sanchez would be a good back up
    I'm not sure Sanchez is backup material !

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'm not sure Sanchez is backup material !
    he is under contract...and i do think he would work as a back up....look around the league and u see what type of back ups are out there....just look at ours

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ch107 View Post
    he is under contract...and i do think he would work as a back up....look around the league and u see what type of back ups are out there....just look at ours
    You do have a point. Maybe we try another rook next year and sit Sanchez behind him. It's a cheaper option.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow starting accomplishes what? He's garbage. It'd be nice if we had a legitimate backup with ANY upside whatsoever... but hey at least we have a ridiculously popular RB as a backup. Awesome

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why we're still talking about Drew Stanton.

It's as if everyone on this board hates Tebow's guts and thinks he's completely incapable as a QB just because of his popularity.

Last I checked, Tebow took a team to the playoffs last year and pulled a playoff upset against the best defense in the league. Meanwhile, Stanton has done absolutely nothing in his career worth noting.

I guess the "winning games is the only thing that matters" line only pertains to Sanchez.
    Wait.. you REALLY think folks think Tebow CAN'T play QB because of his popularity? Not his garbage numbers, the fact that Denver led the entire world in three and outs, his god awful accuracy and throwing motion. That's not it. It's his popularity? Really?

Entire NFL had a chance to get this "winner" for a reasonable price to start with them and not a soul bit. Why is that?

What's next?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why we're still talking about Drew Stanton.

It's as if everyone on this board hates Tebow's guts and thinks he's completely incapable as a QB just because of his popularity.

Last I checked, Tebow took a team to the playoffs last year and pulled a playoff upset against the best defense in the league. Meanwhile, Stanton has done absolutely nothing in his career worth noting.

I guess the "winning games is the only thing that matters" line only pertains to Sanchez.

It's amazing how polarizing Tebow has become, especially for someone who had a great college career and a decent record as a starting QB in the NFL. I don't understand all the hate for the guy.
    Last edited by Pats1960; 10-30-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    It's amazing how polarizing Tebow has become, especially for someone who had a great college career and a decent record as a starting QB in the NFL. I don't understand all the hate for the guy.
    When you have to hear about a guy, who sucks at his job, constantly as if he's the greatest thing since Elway, it gets old really quick.

I don't think anyone actually hates Tim; we're just tired of hearing about him constantly. It also doesn't help that he has this huge fanbase of nuthuggers who constantly try to convince everyone that Tim is some super awesome winner in the NFL (because, apparently, he was playing Defense and Kicker last year) when he's not.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if Rex goes down with Sanchez, no respectable coach will come here if Tebow is still here. To much pressure to get him involved. The plays with Tebow and Sanchez at the same time could not be more disadvantageous for the offense. Why not get another skill player there? Everyone knows Tebow wont get a pass thrown his way.
    Having this guy on the roster (Woody's choice Im sure) forces the coaches to use him and screws with the continuity of the offense. As someone pointed out Tebow time comes after a broken play. Is that what you want out of your offense? I don't.