Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Drew Stanton/Tim Tebow

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Drew Stanton/Tim Tebow

    Absolutely moronic that we cut Stanton, paid his 2012 salary anyways, then traded a draft pick for Tebow. Sanchez is not the guy, but it's pointless to start Tebow IMO. Now we're stuck with no real options, other than McElroy. Would've been nice to have been able to plug in Stanton and seen what he could do.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why we're still talking about Drew Stanton.

    It's as if everyone on this board hates Tebow's guts and thinks he's completely incapable as a QB just because of his popularity.

    Last I checked, Tebow took a team to the playoffs last year and pulled a playoff upset against the best defense in the league. Meanwhile, Stanton has done absolutely nothing in his career worth noting.

    I guess the "winning games is the only thing that matters" line only pertains to Sanchez.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Check My status

    Tim Tebow is not an option at QB.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't understand why we're still talking about Drew Stanton.

    It's as if everyone on this board hates Tebow's guts and thinks he's completely incapable as a QB just because of his popularity.

    Last I checked, Tebow took a team to the playoffs last year and pulled a playoff upset against the best defense in the league. Meanwhile, Stanton has done absolutely nothing in his career worth noting.

    I guess the "winning games is the only thing that matters" line only pertains to Sanchez.
    The McElroy thing is so SOJF, it's just not funny.

    The list of "Saviour" 3rd string JAG nobody QB's we've had, you'd think at least ONE would have been a success to form the basis of the lame fantasy. But no, not one. Ever.

    If we're in for 8 more games of heartfelt McElroy pining...../facepalm

    He's not getting a shot. And if he does, he'll almost surely fail horribly.

    Thats reality.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The McElroy thing is so SOJF, it's just not funny.

    The list of "Saviour" 3rd string JAG nobody QB's we've had, you'd think at least ONE would have been a success to form the basis of the lame fantasy. But no, not one. Ever.

    If we're in for 8 more games of heartfelt McElroy pining...../facepalm

    He's not getting a shot. And if he does, he'll almost surely fail horribly.

    Thats reality.
    I agree

    Our franchise QB isn't even on the roster.

    I say start Tebow simply because he can at least provide a little excitement with his ability to run the ball.

    I don't know about everyone else, but if I have to watch another game riddled with 3-and-outs orchestrated by Sanchez, I'll gouge my f*cking eyes out.

    And at least we know Tebow won't sulk like a puss when times are tough and won't go into the fetal position everytime a defender comes within arms reach of him.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I agree

    Our franchise QB isn't even on the roster.

    I say start Tebow simply because he can at least provide a little excitement with his ability to run the ball.

    I don't know about everyone else, but if I have to watch another game riddled with 3-and-outs orchestrated by Sanchez, I'll gouge my f*cking eyes out.

    And at least we know Tebow won't sulk like a puss when times are tough and won't go into the fetal position everytime a defender comes within arms reach of him.
    If you think the franchise QB isn't on the roster, then starting Tebow is only going to confuse things more and make Woody less likely to allow whoever is coaching the team next year or beyond to draft a QB.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    If you think the franchise QB isn't on the roster, then starting Tebow is only going to confuse things more and make Woody less likely to allow whoever is coaching the team next year or beyond to draft a QB.
    I doubt it

    Despite what everyone thinks, Woody isn't stupid.

    I doubt he would really be that dumb to alienate his entire fanbase, especially after the recent sh*t shows that this team has orchestrated.

    Tebow isn't the longterm answer, but he could at least provide a little entertainment in a season that is destined to be a huge disappointment.

    I guarantee that we draft a QB within the first two rounds next year, despite who ever starts at QB for the rest of this year.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The McElroy thing is so SOJF, it's just not funny.

    The list of "Saviour" 3rd string JAG nobody QB's we've had, you'd think at least ONE would have been a success to form the basis of the lame fantasy. But no, not one. Ever.

    If we're in for 8 more games of heartfelt McElroy pining...../facepalm

    He's not getting a shot. And if he does, he'll almost surely fail horribly.

    Thats reality.
    Dead on. Like all the fools clamoring for JAG-minus Kellen Clemens or Our Miss Brooks Bollinger. Stanton (Stanton, fer fooks sake???), McElroy, Tebow, and Sanchez are all rancid tripe. F**K this moronic franchise.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I agree

    Our franchise QB isn't even on the roster.

    I say start Tebow simply because he can at least provide a little excitement with his ability to run the ball.

    I don't know about everyone else, but if I have to watch another game riddled with 3-and-outs orchestrated by Sanchez, I'll gouge my f*cking eyes out.

    And at least we know Tebow won't sulk like a puss when times are tough and won't go into the fetal position everytime a defender comes within arms reach of him.
    As long as every single play breaks down, it'll work. Tim being a runner is kind of a myth, actually. "Tebow Time" comes whenever plays break down to a schoolyard level of play.

    That said, why not? At least then I won't have this idea in my head that this franchise is honestly trying to compete. Start Tebow, get a few ESPN highlight runs out of him to garner the attention Woody wants, draft a QB, and then call it good.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Absolutely moronic that we cut Stanton, paid his 2012 salary anyways, then traded a draft pick for Tebow. Sanchez is not the guy, but it's pointless to start Tebow IMO. Now we're stuck with no real options, other than McElroy. Would've been nice to have been able to plug in Stanton and seen what he could do.
    Not for nothing Buzz, but this isn't the problem either. Short of having a QB with a pedigree that Rex respects, no QB would do well in this idea of an offense that Rex keeps attempting to force down our throats. It's outdated, outmoded and unsustainable in today's NFL. He'll learn that lesson, likely when he is on his way out the door. Sadly, it ruined our best chance at a franchise QB in decades.

    In Rex I do not trust. Officially off his bandwagon.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,257
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I doubt it

    Despite what everyone thinks, Woody isn't stupid.

    I doubt he would really be that dumb to alienate his entire fanbase, especially after the recent sh*t shows that this team has orchestrated.

    Tebow isn't the longterm answer, but he could at least provide a little entertainment in a season that is destined to be a huge disappointment.

    I guarantee that we draft a QB within the first two rounds next year, despite who ever starts at QB for the rest of this year.
    I agree with you about Sanchez, but Woody hasn't given me any indication he isn't stupid enough to alienate the fanbase. Well, maybe he's not stupid enough, but I think its more that, he just doesn't care. Realistically, will Jets fans ever stop going to games? You can talk all you want about pissing the fans off, but people will still be in the seats. It may not be all the seats, but there will never be a Sunday, barring extreme weather, where Metlife has 35k people in the stands.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Not for nothing Buzz, but this isn't the problem either. Short of having a QB with a pedigree that Rex respects, no QB would do well in this idea of an offense that Rex keeps attempting to force down our throats. It's outdated, outmoded and unsustainable in today's NFL. He'll learn that lesson, likely when he is on his way out the door. Sadly, it ruined our best chance at a franchise QB in decades.

    In Rex I do not trust. Officially off his bandwagon.
    Ironic thing is that if you look across the NFL, most teams are going with the same idea, or something close to it. Patriots ? Top 5 running game iirc. Packers would kill for a good running game. Giants have one (and had the threat of one last year). San Fran has one. The Texans have one.

    So, maybe this whole "ground and pound" thing isn't as outdated as some think ?

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Forestville, NY
    Posts
    965
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Tim Tebow is not an option at QB.
    +1

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The McElroy thing is so SOJF, it's just not funny.

    The list of "Saviour" 3rd string JAG nobody QB's we've had, you'd think at least ONE would have been a success to form the basis of the lame fantasy. But no, not one. Ever.

    If we're in for 8 more games of heartfelt McElroy pining...../facepalm

    He's not getting a shot. And if he does, he'll almost surely fail horribly.

    Thats reality.
    Why is this kid collecting an NFL pay check if he's not even capable of playing the position he's occupying.

    McElroy maybe a jag,bor worse than a jag, but he's perfect for whatthese idiots want to run on offense. I can say that because he did exactly the same thing at Bama and won a National Championship in the SEC doing it. He's a game manager who takes care of the football.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Absolutely moronic that we cut Stanton, paid his 2012 salary anyways, then traded a draft pick for Tebow. Sanchez is not the guy, but it's pointless to start Tebow IMO. Now we're stuck with no real options, other than McElroy. Would've been nice to have been able to plug in Stanton and seen what he could do.
    Buzz, there were a few of us who have stated this from day one. You wonder how much all of this set back Sanchez' development. Woody only had Tebow's marketability in his head and still does.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey View Post
    I agree with you about Sanchez, but Woody hasn't given me any indication he isn't stupid enough to alienate the fanbase. Well, maybe he's not stupid enough, but I think its more that, he just doesn't care. Realistically, will Jets fans ever stop going to games? You can talk all you want about pissing the fans off, but people will still be in the seats. It may not be all the seats, but there will never be a Sunday, barring extreme weather, where Metlife has 35k people in the stands.
    This was basically going to be my reply too, which you beat me too. I have very little faith in Woody to go with the smart football decision vs. what might bring in more attention and $. Fans will keep going to the games and buying merchandise, especially with Tebow.

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Buzz, there were a few of us who have stated this from day one. You wonder how much all of this set back Sanchez' development. Woody only had Tebow's marketability in his head and still does.


    Yes, because the idea that Sanchez just simply isn't good enough is totally preposterous.

    It's always "the Jets didn't put Sanchez in a position to succeed".

    What a crock of sh*t. There are plenty of past failures at QB who would've killed to have the same setup that Sanchez had his first two years.

    What kind of all-star talent does RG3 have around him on offense in Washington? Or Luck in Indy? Or Weeden in Cleveland? Or Tannehill in Miami?

    All rookie QB's who are outperforming our supposed "franchise" QB who is in his 4th full year as a starter.

    Sanchez sucks, period.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Ironic thing is that if you look across the NFL, most teams are going with the same idea, or something close to it. Patriots ? Top 5 running game iirc. Packers would kill for a good running game. Giants have one (and had the threat of one last year). San Fran has one. The Texans have one.

    So, maybe this whole "ground and pound" thing isn't as outdated as some think ?
    You just named 5 teams with 3 of the Top 5 QBs in the league and another in the Top 7, and now SF (NYJ ca. 2010) is showing the chinks in that armor as well. It's a passing league, has been for quite a few years.

    That isn't even commenting on the fact that the overall system does not suit the most important player on the offense, the QB.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Buzz, there were a few of us who have stated this from day one. You wonder how much all of this set back Sanchez' development. Woody only had Tebow's marketability in his head and still does.
    History will show Woody to be inept. We will be known as the team who didn't know how to use Tebow.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Absolutely moronic that we cut Stanton, paid his 2012 salary anyways, then traded a draft pick for Tebow. Sanchez is not the guy, but it's pointless to start Tebow IMO. Now we're stuck with no real options, other than McElroy. Would've been nice to have been able to plug in Stanton and seen what he could do.
    Please get your facts straight! Stanton demanded a trade and it was granted!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us