Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lose 2 Championship Games + Lose The Team = Should Have Been Fired Last January

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark, while lousy, isn't the problem with the defense, the running game, the special teams, the offensive coordination, the defensive coordination, the clock management issues, the playcalling.

1. We signed up for a Rex Ryan strategy that doesn't work in today's NFL.

2. We collected players that either a) couldn't execute it or b) aren't being coached properly.

Both are squarely on Rex Ryan's shoulders.

SAR I
    But he is part of the problem. He is inaccurate, has no pocket presence, and makes the same mistakes over and over again.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree. The window closed at the opening kickoff of the AFCCG. How a team could come out that flat when they are 60 minutes from the SB is inexcusable. I don't care if we made it close in the 2nd half b.c Pitt was in a prevent and the game was never in doubt.
    Exactly.

Especially since the entire team had come just as close the year prior and lost in Indianapolis. The loss in Pittsburgh goes down as the worst loss in Jets history. Completely maddening, completely frustrating, completely unacceptable.

One can easily make the case that Rex Ryan took this Jets team as far as it could go. And that's very admirable. The issue is that it is 2012 and Rex Ryan is not the right head coach for this team right now. I said this before the season started, and it's just being re-emphasized now.

This is playing out just like last year. We will come out of the bye with a Hail Mary pass and have Tim Tebow start in Seattle. Their secondary is very good, the ground game is a must-have. We will lose anyway, and then the full quit will be on.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    But he is part of the problem. He is inaccurate, has no pocket presence, and makes the same mistakes over and over again.
    No doubt.

But ask yourself, after what we saw in his first two seasons and postseasons, wouldn't a better coaching staff have gotten him to perform at a higher level by now? Wouldn't a better GM have gotten in the right tools for him to be successful?

We ended 2010 feeling like we finally after, all these years, found our franchise quarterback. And then the team abandoned him. The offensive line eroded, the ever-changing wide receivers he never had a chance to bond with, the tight end that's always out injured, and the running game that completely collapsed. New offensive coordinator, it's a mess.

I'm sorry, but after what I saw in his first two seasons I'm still convinced that he can be a very good NFL quarterback and take us where we need to go. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum completely abandoned this guy. It's criminal.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly.

Especially since the entire team had come just as close the year prior and lost in Indianapolis. The loss in Pittsburgh goes down as the worst loss in Jets history. Completely maddening, completely frustrating, completely unacceptable.

One can easily make the case that Rex Ryan took this Jets team as far as it could go. And that's very admirable. The issue is that it is 2012 and Rex Ryan is not the right head coach for this team right now. I said this before the season started, and it's just being re-emphasized now.

This is playing out just like last year. We will come out of the bye with a Hail Mary pass and have Tim Tebow start in Seattle. Their secondary is very good, the ground game is a must-have. We will lose anyway, and then the full quit will be on.

SAR I
    We mortgaged our future...have no ability to evaluate or patience on young players so we chase veterans. Now we have very little talent. This started in 2008.

Compare our drafts to the Giants...... frighteningly different.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt.

But ask yourself, after what we saw in his first two seasons and postseasons, wouldn't a better coaching staff have gotten him to perform at a higher level by now? Wouldn't a better GM have gotten in the right tools for him to be successful?

We ended 2010 feeling like we finally after, all these years, found our franchise quarterback. And then the team abandoned him. The offensive line eroded, the ever-changing wide receivers he never had a chance to bond with, the tight end that's always out injured, and the running game that completely collapsed. New offensive coordinator, it's a mess.

I'm sorry, but after what I saw in his first two seasons I'm still convinced that he can be a very good NFL quarterback and take us where we need to go. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum completely abandoned this guy. It's criminal.

SAR I
    I completely agree with you. Sanchez has been the only Jet QB to show streaks of brilliance in a long, long time. Everyone on this site thought that we finally had our golden boy. But as you said, the Jet H/O muffed it up.
    The question i pose is will he be given the chance to stick around should a coaching/regime take place at the end of this year?
    It’ll all come down to how bad (and i’m hoping it’s REALLY bad) Tebow plays once he’s in as the starter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    All for one, one for all. GM, HC and QB.

Maybe Sanchez was a victim to Rex but that does not change the state of affairs at our QB position. IMO he is damaged goods.
    This is the key this regime of keystone cops has ruined anything good Sanchez had in him... It is an embarassment.

Honestly does anyone feel comfortable that the Jets FO or coaching staff as it is now in place would know what to do with a new young QB?!!!

Based on what they have done recently the Jets would see nothing wrong with continuing to put poor skill position players on the field because they are committied to ground and pound and if it doesn't work somehow the QB is supposed to make it all better.

See the Jets are going to be very reluctant to change thier offensive philosphy because to do so would be to admit it was a DUMB IDEA TO BEGIN WITH!!!

It is a disgrace.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Everything is accurate except #4. He supports his QB to a fault. They are tied to each other. It's the only reason they won't give Tebow a shot whereas every other NFL HC would have pulled Sanchez at halftime today.
    Come on Man!!! Talking is NOT support!!! You need quality skill players out there. AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SANCHEZ!!!

Any QB whom you permit to have poorer and poorer talent around him is not someone you are supporting or wanting to succeed......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you guys. I do not want to hand over another young QB to this coaching staff.

How do you guys feel about Kyle Shanahan?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been reluctant to jump on the fire Rex bandwagon because he does have some good qualities and I think he just needs more time to learn the job, to learn from his mistakes as many other HCs have done in the past.

But he's not the right guy to lead this team going forward.

Both he and Tannenbaum IMO have completely worn out their welcome and they can take the QB they destroyed with them.

I really liked Sanchez and thought he could be the guy this franchise desperately needed but they have managed to screw him over in so many different ways so many different times it's laughable. SAR is right -- it's criminal what they've done to this kid.

All three have to go.

It's time to blow this up and start from scratch. No sense in waiting, either. Get it over with right now. Just be done with it.

I'm done with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ConorTOrr: Some #jets question effort internally, others criticize fans for booing Sanchez. Rough day in NJ comes to an end #nyj | http://t.co/5hWQn0l0

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is terrible, worst I've seen in 30 years.

Head coach is average, front office is slightly less than average, but that quarterback is far, far below average. Worst i've seen in 30 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    “That chanting was just B.S.,” receiver Chaz Schilens said. “... I think the fans are out of place, but we didn’t play well and they’re (ticked). They have a right to be (ticked).”
    WTF is that supposed to mean. They are "out of place" but they are right. Can we please send this azzhole back to Oakland. He can take his position coach with him.

“The protection is supposed to be picked up,” Sanchez said of a call that was supposed to be identified by his offensive line on the sack play. “So I’m not even thinking about that stuff.”
    Telling quote right there.

Schilens added a criticism of the blocking: “He was under a lot of pressure, that’s all I have to say.”
    Santonio 2.0. He is right. And so was Santonio. I wonder if Moore is going to PMS again and send the team into a tailspin.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt.

SAR I
    And last years moves solidify this point...case in point, the Jets want Sanchez to throw more..so what do they do? They get rid of or let 3/4 of their receiving core and bring in plax and Derrick mason...that says it all

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where they really screwed up with Sanchez was with the Sparano hiring... You spent a top 5 pick on a guy, you have to bring in a O Coordinator who can work with a guy and develop him. I don't agree with the no talent around him stuff... I constantly see him miss open guys or not even see them entirely... Of course you blame the QB, but the coaching plays a role as well and we just don't have anyone who could develop Sanchez... Horrible decision with Sparano!!!

Now we are past the point of no return... Rex is loyal to a fault... Time to clean house...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I've been reluctant to jump on the fire Rex bandwagon because he does have some good qualities and I think he just needs more time to learn the job, to learn from his mistakes as many other HCs have done in the past.

But he's not the right guy to lead this team going forward.

Both he and Tannenbaum IMO have completely worn out their welcome and they can take the QB they destroyed with them.

I really liked Sanchez and thought he could be the guy this franchise desperately needed but they have managed to screw him over in so many different ways so many different times it's laughable. SAR is right -- it's criminal what they've done to this kid.

All three have to go.

It's time to blow this up and start from scratch. No sense in waiting, either. Get it over with right now. Just be done with it.

I'm done with it.
    Think of it this way the Jets have managed to make Sanchez WORSE by their coaching!!!!

Sanchez had excellent footwork and feel in the pocket when he came out now he is worse!!!!

Sanchez was a gun slinger when he came out like Favre now he is SCARED and hesitent!!!

How the hell is that possible with competent coaching? Answer it isn't possible!!!!!

They have made him into some kind of robotic tin man who in post game interviews sounds like some junior college coach talking about staying postive and having fun after lossess!!!

Having FUN while you are getting your butt kicked!!! I would have chewed him out on my high school basketball team if I had heard him say something stupid like that but this is what the Jets FO and coaching staff has trained him to do!!!

What NFL winning QB talks like this

The Jets have ruined this guy and it is a disgrace.....
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-28-2012 at 09:41 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Think of it this way the Jets have managed to make Sanchez WORSE by their coaching!!!!

Sanchez had excellent footwork and feel in the pocket when he came out now he is worse!!!!

Sanchez was a gun slinger when he came out like Favre now he is SCARED and hesitent!!!

How the hell is that possible with competent coaching? Answer it isn't possible!!!!!

They have made him into some kind of robotic tin man who in post game interviews sounds like some junior college coach talking about staying postive and having fun after lossess!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Having FUN while you are getting your butt kicked!!! I would have chewed him out on my high school basketball team if I had heard him say something stupid like that but this is what the Jets FO and coaching staff has trained him to do!!!

+1

And that pretty much goes with every player on this team. Little to no improvement in their play. Many have regressed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    Sanchez is terrible, worst I've seen in 30 years.

Head coach is average, front office is slightly less than average, but that quarterback is far, far below average. Worst i've seen in 30 years.
    Come on man!!!!!

Yea Brooks Bollinger and Mr. Russell both say thanks!!!!

Good Grief!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Man!!! Talking is NOT support!!! You need quality skill players out there. AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SANCHEZ!!!

Any QB whom you permit to have poorer and poorer talent around him is not someone you are supporting or wanting to succeed......
    Right. Everyone else is to blame for Sanchez not being a good NFL QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt.

SAR I
    Mets fans probably say the same thing about David Wright...