Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lose 2 Championship Games + Lose The Team = Should Have Been Fired Last January

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    We've get to rid of these in this order:

1. Tannenbaum
    2. Sanchez
    3. Rex
    4. Tebow
    I Agree with those, here are my subtractions in this order

1. Tannenbaum
    2. Rex
    3. Pettine
    4, Sparano
    5. Cavanaugh
    6. Anthony Lynn
    7. Bob Sutton
    8. Bart Scott
    9. Bryan Thomas
    10, Calvin Pace
    11. Kyle Wilson
    12. Shonn Greene
    13,Tim Tebow
    14, Vlad
    15 All strength and Condition Coaches

That should be a good start
    Last edited by LA Jet Fan; 10-28-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: spelling

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The coaching staff did a lot to harm sanchez, but real leaders find a way to fight through adversity, and he has never done that.

My opinion is that Rex is an AMAZING motivator and game planner on a "micro" basis. When he has a "big" game he can get the team ready to play....but he simply cant sustain it over the course of a season or even the playoffs. That is why we go through such rough stretches every year.

That being said, I dont think thats a characteristic that isnt shared with most coaches. The thing is that with good/great teams when the players tune out the coach, which invariably happens, there are players (mainly the QB) who get the team ready to go, it cant JUST be the coach.

Sanchez wants to be great, but he simpy doesnt have the stones to be THAT guy. I dont care what throws he can or cant make, or whose fault it is, but thats the fact of what we are looking at.

Woody is a moron, no doubt. Rex MAY need to go, but at the end of the day, our QB doesnt lead this team....and that is our biggest problem

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: Cro happy with defense, not offense: EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Antonio Cromartie came dangerously close to c... http://t.co/loDYnGrZ #nyj

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The coaching staff did a lot to harm sanchez, but real leaders find a way to fight through adversity, and he has never done that.

My opinion is that Rex is an AMAZING motivator and game planner on a "micro" basis. When he has a "big" game he can get the team ready to play....but he simply cant sustain it over the course of a season or even the playoffs. That is why we go through such rough stretches every year.

That being said, I dont think thats a characteristic that isnt shared with most coaches. The thing is that with good/great teams when the players tune out the coach, which invariably happens, there are players (mainly the QB) who get the team ready to go, it cant JUST be the coach.

Sanchez wants to be great, but he simpy doesnt have the stones to be THAT guy. I dont care what throws he can or cant make, or whose fault it is, but thats the fact of what we are looking at.

Woody is a moron, no doubt. Rex MAY need to go, but at the end of the day, our QB doesnt lead this team....and that is our biggest problem
    Yes like he did against Pittsburgh in the Championship game, like he did against the Giants last year, like he did against teh Dolphins last year and today.!!!!

he is a motivator yes, a D Coordinator Yes ! A head coach for the New York Jets HE LL no!!

Why hasnt his brother gotten a job? His dad run out of the leaugue. He should stay to what he is good at, motivating a unit on a football team not running the whole team!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Cro happy with defense, not offense: EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Antonio Cromartie came dangerously close to c... http://t.co/loDYnGrZ #nyj
    He's not wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan is the problem:

1. He built the team incorrectly. Tannenbaum

2. The defense he inherited was better than the one he created. Tannenbaum

3. He's ignored all offensive responsibility. Agree

4. He hasn't supported his quarterback. You are nuts. Rex is the ONLY reason this guy still plays.

5. He hasn't gotten a running back that can be a difference-maker.
    Tannanbaum

6. His team is undisciplined. Agree

7. His team is unprepared. Agree

8. He lost the pulse of the locker room and never got it back. Agree

9. Hired that loser of an OC aka Shotty with Sunglasses

SAR I
    Agree and disagree, see above

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Right. Everyone else is to blame for Sanchez not being a good NFL QB.
    Yea that was my point!!!

You don't see that any QB you draft you should surrond him with WRs such as Fitzgerald, Meagatron Dez Bryant or what Pitt has...

You think our WRs are in that class while they run the wrong routes!!! You think it is alright to have a RB who can't stay on the field and an underperforming OL.....

Any QB needs more support than that!!!

Good Grief!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    And last years moves solidify this point...case in point, the Jets want Sanchez to throw more..so what do they do? They get rid of or let 3/4 of their receiving core and bring in plax and Derrick mason...that says it all

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Think about it that was their move after they thought about it!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Agree and disagree, see above
    Regarding #2

You realize the Jets have 2 #1s and a 3rd on the DL. 2 #1s at OLB and a 2nd rounder at ILB and 3 #1s in the secondary.

Along with Maybin, Ellis, ESmith & DDavis (3rd rounders) off the bench.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yea that was my point!!!

You don't see that any QB you draft you should surrond him with WRs such as Fitzgerald, Meagatron Dez Bryant or what Pitt has...

You think our WRs are in that class while they run the wrong routes!!! You think it is alright to have a RB who can't stay on the field and an underperforming OL.....

Good Grief!!
    Do you watch any NFL games other than the ones that the Jets play in?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Cowher says hi by the way...You know, the one you want to replace Rex with, and you'll turn on the minute he loses a game?

SAR, your stuff is getting unreadable, which it never used to be....let it go, will ya?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No doubt.

But ask yourself, after what we saw in his first two seasons and postseasons, wouldn't a better coaching staff have gotten him to perform at a higher level by now? Wouldn't a better GM have gotten in the right tools for him to be successful?

We ended 2010 feeling like we finally after, all these years, found our franchise quarterback. And then the team abandoned him. The offensive line eroded, the ever-changing wide receivers he never had a chance to bond with, the tight end that's always out injured, and the running game that completely collapsed. New offensive coordinator, it's a mess.

I'm sorry, but after what I saw in his first two seasons I'm still convinced that he can be a very good NFL quarterback and take us where we need to go. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum completely abandoned this guy. It's criminal.

SAR I
    I agree with this. That doesn't change the fact that he is playing horribly and should be benched.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Saying that Sanchez isn't a problem is means for your entire argument to be thrown in the trash.
    -Mark Sanchez sucks and we lose. Sar states Mark is not the problem. Its Rex Fault.
    -Mark Sanchez sucks and we win. Sar states we won because of Mark.
    -Any loss is on Rex. Any win is bc of Sanchez.

Aren't you people tired of these predictable threads weekly?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Was Cro unhappy that he had a stupid penalty on the opening drive that set the tone and put the offense in a hole to start the game?

Just Cro bein Cro...............I'm sure Rex has his back

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    KR

-Mark Sanchez sucks and we lose. Sar states Mark is not the problem. Its Rex Fault.

In the case of the New England game, absolutely. Mark Sanchez and his depleted set of skill players behind a terrible OL with no running game somehow got Rex Ryan's "Top 5 Defense" filled with "the best group of players I've ever coached" a 3 point lead with 90 seconds on the clock after a lengthy drive that let the LB's and DL take a nap.

And they blew it. Twice.

-Mark Sanchez sucks and we win. Sar states we won because of Mark.

In the case of 5 specific games in our proud 2010 season, yes. The defense blew leads against Detroit, Cleveland, Denver, Houston, and Indianapolis and only Mark Sanchez' miracle drives and throws to the likes of Holmes and Edwards turned a 7-9 awful season into an 11-5 success. Proof-positive that Mark can be clutch when supported with good receivers and a running game that a defense has to respect.

-Any loss is on Rex. Any win is bc of Sanchez.

All losses are on Rex because he's the head coach.

The specific miracle wins of 2010 are credited to Mark Sanchez and the offense, not the defense who has escaped blame since the day Rex Ryan got into town.

The REAL problem here is very simple:

The Jets are constructed on the premise that a 1) shutdown defense and 2) a ball-control running game can bring NFL success and in the process of attempting that strategy Rex Ryan has 3) picked/coached defensive players to failure and 4) woefully neglected the development of the quarterback and the offense.

Aren't you people tired of these predictable threads weekly?

Isn't the once-decent poster formerly known as Kerry Rhodes tired of these predictable performances weekly?

Some posters have a skill in the draft. I stay away, not my wheelhouse. Some posters have a skill regarding fat linemen. I stay away, not my wheelhouse. Some posters have a skill regarding the X's and O's. I stay away, not my wheelhouse.

Some posters have a skill in determining when the team has stopped responding to its head coach and when the quarterback is the problem. My wheelhouse. Start listening.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yea that was my point!!!

Good Grief!!
    Exactly.

I listened to the full, 90 minute Jets Postgame Live show after the game today on SNY, probably like you and everyone else.

Do you know how many times they mentioned Shonn Greene? That's right 0. Nothing, nada, donut. It's as if the running game is good!

We're supposed to win it on DEFENSE and a power GROUND & POUND RUNNING GAME.

We're NOT supposed to win it with our quarterback throwing the ball 50 times a game!

And, if we were, we surely would have drained the last two drafts on offensive players and wooed a better OC and set of free agents to start the 2012 campaign. Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan left Cortland with a crap offense, we called it (most of us), the press called it, and the Jets blew it.

Good grief indeed.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We mortgaged our future...have no ability to evaluate or patience on young players so we chase veterans. Now we have very little talent. This started in 2008.

Compare our drafts to the Giants...... frighteningly different.

....and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

We had our chances in 2009 and 2010, never went to two AFCCG's in a row before. Woody Johnson's PR move and Mike Tannenbaum's loading on every decent free agent available in an effort to sell PSL's actually worked.

But like every other AFC team in history that has a 2 or 3 year run and doesn't make it happen, it's back to the dark ages you go. If we use Mike Tannenbaum's drafts for the past 4 years as an indicator, we'll be competitive again in 2016 but only if we get someone else to get us some quality talent and coaching in here. We shot our load in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh and at the very moment the Ravens and Patriots and the whole AFC goes weaksauce, we suck.

And the ultimate joke? The ultimate irony? We actually found our franchise quarterback after 40 years of waiting and we're f-cking him up and running him out of town.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't SAR1 the guy that wanted Matt Leinert?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ROPE View Post
    Isn't SAR1 the guy that wanted Matt Leinert?
    SAR was the guy that wanted Chad Pennington out of New York at all costs in 2006 and Matt Leinart was the hot name and he'd have been happy to draft him, absolutely. Pennington was not clutch, always lost in a big spot, always got hurt.

And the moment we got rid of Chad? 2008, 2009, 2010 were some of our most exciting and offensively productive seasons in our history. A rookie won more playoff games in 12 months than Chad did in a decade.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2010 was the year and they screwed it up by not tackling in the 1st half of the AFCCG