Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lose 2 Championship Games + Lose The Team = Should Have Been Fired Last January

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here, SAR will make his feelings very clear for you:

SAR does not like to be a Devil's advocate; it just so happens that the mob is usually wrong and I'm often right. I've been watching Jets games longer than many of you have been alive, sort of know what I'm talking about.

SAR is 100% saying that Mark Sanchez is a very good quarterback when supported properly with a set of receiving targets he is comfortable with, an OL that gives him time, and a running game that keeps the defense honest. We have seen this first-hand. No one complained a word about Mark Sanchez in 6 playoff games. No one complained a word about Mark Sanchez and redzone mastery early in 2011 before LT and Plaxico got tired. No one complained a word about Mark Sanchez in 2010 as he led us to an 11-5 record with 5 epic last-minute victories over Houston, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, and Indianapolis in the playoffs.

SAR does not desire to be 'edgy' or 'contrarian'. There are many seasons where everyone is on the same page and SAR blends in with everyone else. Where SAR has the perception of being contrarian are seasons like this one where everyone is so wrong and he happens to be right. This is a 5-11 team. Rex Ryan says "It's the best team I've ever coached" and so millions of people follow along. It's not SAR's fault; it's yours.

SAR never wants an "out". This is not some contest. He has opinions that he voices. That is all.

SAR I
    Is that it?

So do you recommend providing all said necessities, so Sanchez can succeed, or locating a QB who has the capabilities to succeed in spite of a few team weakpoints?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR does not like to be a Devil's advocate; it just so happens that the mob is usually wrong and I'm often right. I've been watching Jets games longer than many of you have been alive, sort of know what I'm talking about.

SAR is 100% saying that Mark Sanchez is a very good quarterback when supported properly with a set of receiving targets he is comfortable with, an OL that gives him time, and a running game that keeps the defense honest. We have seen this first-hand. No one complained a word about Mark Sanchez in 6 playoff games. No one complained a word about Mark Sanchez and redzone mastery early in 2011 before LT and Plaxico got tired. No one complained a word about Mark Sanchez in 2010 as he led us to an 11-5 record with 5 epic last-minute victories over Houston, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, and Indianapolis in the playoffs.

SAR I
    Again you leave yourself a huge out.

And "very good" is an overstatement. He was able to be a game manager when he has those pieces around him. Nothing more.

I point to two games where I believe Sanchez was a difference maker. The 2010 Houston game (although they had a horrible secondary) and the NE playoff game (his finest performance IMO, couple with the greatest defensive gameplan of Rex's career). He was not along for the ride in those. There are 50+ other games where he had no impact or a negative impact.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 10-29-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

SAR is 100% saying that Mark Sanchez is a very good quarterback when supported properly with a set of receiving targets he is comfortable with, an OL that gives him time, and a running game that keeps the defense honest.
    Yes, almost any live arm with a heart beat can perform in that type of environment. But this is the NFL where such dynamics are not sustainable. To borrow an asset management term, you need your QB to produce alpha. Especially when your paying for that type of performance.

The irony of course is that you are making a great argument in defense of Chad Pennington. You see that, don't you?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Yes, almost any live arm with a heart beat can perform in that type of environment.
    Every quarterback except your boy Tebow that is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The irony of course is that you are making a great argument in defense of Chad Pennington. You see that, don't you?
    Why did I want Chad out and want to keep Mark? Good question.

Here's what Chad Pennington had to work with in 2002-05, the same span of time as Mark Sanchez:

Curtis Martin
    LaMont Jordan
    Wayne Chrebet
    Jericho Cotchery
    Santana Moss
    Laverneous Coles
    Ritchie Anderson

Those are 7 bonefide weapons behind a Top 5 Offensive Line and a Hall Of Fame running back. From memory, each was on the team for more than 3 consecutive seasons, 3 consecutive training camp's.

Here in 2012, Mark Sanchez was given:

Santonio Holmes
    Dustin Keller

Those are 2 easily covered weapons behind a Bottom 5 Offensive Line and no ground game. And in year's prior, a group of carpetbagging receiving targets, no one to develop a rapport with except Keller who's out hurt too much.

Because of the playoff dominance and doing a lot with very little, I'm still in Mark's corner. Unlike other teams that are seeking a balance of offense/defense to win a Super Bowl, we're one-sided and haven't supported Mark with any decent set of receivers. This season is a catastrophe, nothing on offense at all, OL, RB's, nothing.

Mark Sanchez is not a great quarterback now. But he can be if given the type of support that other QB's, even Chad Pennington, got.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR does not desire to be 'edgy' or 'contrarian'. There are many seasons where everyone is on the same page and SAR blends in with everyone else. Where SAR has the perception of being contrarian are seasons like this one where everyone is so wrong and he happens to be right. This is a 5-11 team. Rex Ryan says "It's the best team I've ever coached" and so millions of people follow along. It's not SAR's fault; it's yours.

SAR never wants an "out". This is not some contest. He has opinions that he voices. That is all.

SAR I
    I think you have completely missed the boat on Sanchez. He is the most consistently inaccurate passer of the ball that I have ever seen. When he is not missing his receivers by two zip codes he is missing then by half a zip code in the wrong direction and getting them killed. Maybe a receiver will risk his career in a playoff game but otherwise they are going to watch out for their own families. As they should. The team needs them to suit up next week too. You simply cannot miss so many open receivers so frequently and still be called a good or a very good QB. Good or even competent quarterbacks do not do that. Sanchez is neither.

The statistics on his accuracy support my position and not yours. These are statistics for passing plays where he has the time to get the throw off. We are talking about statistics from every single year he has been in the league.

We won't even get into the issues of stupidly holding on to the ball too long and then not holding onto it when he fumbles. We won't even bother with issues of throwing the game-killing pick six which he has done with alarming regularity. We won't even go there because we don't have to go there. His lack of accuracy is disqualification in and of itself even if he never turned the ball over.

All in all it is a very poor analysis on your part.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geekbeatking View Post
    Every quarterback except your boy Tebow that is.
    Don't mistake my avatar 'humor' for actual opinion.

Tebow is not an NFL QB either. Never thought he was and thought it was a huge mistake to bring him here.

But since he is here, why not use him? I mean, all the Sanchez apologist point to a bad OL, no running game and not receiving weapons. Well, if that is the case, isn't Tebow a better option - today?

Personally, I think it will be a mistake not to let McElroy play. It can't be worse at this point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    urrrrrr sooooo annoyyyyyyying!!!!!!!! playout the yr and see wa happens.. howabout that??????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curtis Martin
    LaMont Jordan
    Wayne Chrebet
    Jericho Cotchery
    Santana Moss
    Laverneous Coles
    Ritchie Anderson
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Curtis - Complier
    Lamont jordan- part time player and he sucked
    Wayne Chrebet - Tail end of his career. slow white guy.
    Jericho Cotchery- Super jag
    Santana Moss - Alligator arms and ran out of bounds in NY. Good punt returner though.
    Laverneus Coles - He was good. Never a top 10 receiver though.
    Ritchie Anderson- please

I mean, SAR writes this like Chad had top 5 talent around him at every position. Then lists a bunch of jags that any non jets fan would say - Who?

I understand we overvalue these guys cause they are our players, but besides curtis, theres what 1 or 2 pro bowls between these guys?

SAR, Sanchez sucks. Whether its the coach, the players, the Gm, etc... the fact is he sucks. Doesnt matter what the reasons are. When you put him out there on sunday, 90% of the time he stinks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody must really 'like' Rex and Tanny ... I seriously think he enjoys their company. Any CEO would have fired a manager that lost the company the way Rex and Tanny have the past 1.5 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That wasn't an insult. It was an honest question. Many fans don't watch other games.

My point being that I don't understand how anyone can watch Mark Sanchez and his body of work for the past 3 1/2 seasons and come to the conclusion that he is franchise QB material. The talent around him is not all world, but great and even very good QBs can rise above. Sanchez can't.

He can't read defenses. He can't throw over the d-line. He can't anticipate the pass rush. He is careless with the ball and turns it over routinely. He locks in on primary receivers. He is inaccurate. And he is not a leader.

Other than that, he is great.
    This thread was on REX RYAN...REX RYAN...REX RYAN.... not SANCHEZ get IT!!!

And if Sanchez were off this team tomorrow we don't turn into 1960 Packers!!

I was saying that the lack of development of players excluding Sanchez these last two years is a disgrace, that OL with HUnter and Clarke before him was a disgrace...that the drafting of Sanchez and then immediately starting him was a forseeable mistake based on his lack of college exeperience and that acquiring Tebow now for all intents and purposes is now being shownto be nothing more than a publicity stunt and your answer to me is that Sanchez isn'y great well guess what that wasn't the question?

Who says Sanchez is great? I don't never did.....

So your answer in effect is that because Sanchez sucks the oragnization doesn't have a plan and it is why Rex has players who don't know their responsibilities and are old and slow and can't get the job done. If it is... Then I say....

Good Grief!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Curtis - Complier
    Lamont jordan- part time player and he sucked
    Wayne Chrebet - Tail end of his career. slow white guy.
    Jericho Cotchery- Super jag
    Santana Moss - Alligator arms and ran out of bounds in NY. Good punt returner though.
    Laverneus Coles - He was good. Never a top 10 receiver though.
    Ritchie Anderson- please

I mean, SAR writes this like Chad had top 5 talent around him at every position. Then lists a bunch of jags that any non jets fan would say - Who?

I understand we overvalue these guys cause they are our players, but besides curtis, theres what 1 or 2 pro bowls between these guys?

SAR, Sanchez sucks. Whether its the coach, the players, the Gm, etc... the fact is he sucks. Doesnt matter what the reasons are. When you put him out there on sunday, 90% of the time he stinks.
    People weren't saying this when the vast majority of this board was saying we had SB talent and the only thing holding us back was coaching... Now the story is we had just a bunch of JAGS out there....

Hmmm interesting

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think Rex can be a good coach for us. He may not be the best but we all know it could be a lot worse

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why did I want Chad out and want to keep Mark? Good question.

SAR I
    Mark can throw those 15 yard OUTS that you used to so routinely bash Chad for.

Without that throw, Chad could never be good.

Oh, just like yesterday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is done……Rex can’t make hard decisions. He has lost the team. Tebow may not be the answer. However ,you mys well put him in to see what we can do. The Jets are 3-5 in last place. How much worse can it get? Bottom line at the end of the season Rex Ryan, Tannubuim and Sanchez are gone.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything is accurate except #4. He supports his QB to a fault. They are tied to each other. It's the only reason they won't give Tebow a shot whereas every other NFL HC would have pulled Sanchez at halftime today.

Absolutely on the case. Any other coach would have shut Sanchez down by now. I believe that Ryan and Sparano are scared to death Tebow might be
    successful, the fear of success hangup. What difference does it make if they give Tebow a start at this point. He has proven last year that he has the ability to inspire his team mates. And, it would at least make a more excitable game to watch.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't mistake my avatar 'humor' for actual opinion.
    Sorry, I did mistake it.

As far as using Tebow...I think we should put him in at running back personally.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    Perhaps a new QB will change everything... they have to try. Rex's biggest problem is sticking with Mark Sanchez. Sanchez's pyche is already distroyed so benching him will either be a challenge or prove he is/isn't the problem.
    That maybe, but there's no other qb on the roster that is NFL ready.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR: Pennington was excellent in 2002 and good after that. The talent around him was pretty good but the Pats and Steelers had better teams. He was good statistically. The running game and defense carried us in 09 and 10. We got to the AFC Title Game DESPITE subpar production from the QB. You don't think we would have gotten there with the same running game/d but better production from the QB position? Penny was limited but he would have been more productive than Sanchez. Were you embarrassed when you ran Pennington out of town and then he put up a great season and led the Dolphins to the AFC East title?

I also want to add that in 2002 the Jets were the worst team in football at 1-3 with the same talent and under Pennington they turned their season around. There wasn't much talent there in 2005. In 2006, a DIMINISHED Chad Pennington with a ****ty roster led us to the playoffs. Give the guy credit. He was a good QB who was miles ahead of Sanchez was at this point. Wouldn't you love to have a QB who completes over 60% of his passes?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    SAR: Pennington was excellent in 2002 and good after that. The talent around him was pretty good but the Pats and Steelers had better teams. He was good statistically. The running game and defense carried us in 09 and 10. We got to the AFC Title Game DESPITE subpar production from the QB. You don't think we would have gotten there with the same running game/d but better production from the QB position? Penny was limited but he would have been more productive than Sanchez. Were you embarrassed when you ran Pennington out of town and then he put up a great season and led the Dolphins to the AFC East title?

I also want to add that in 2002 the Jets were the worst team in football at 1-3 with the same talent and under Pennington they turned their season around. There wasn't much talent there in 2005. In 2006, a DIMINISHED Chad Pennington with a ****ty roster led us to the playoffs. Give the guy credit. He was a good QB who was miles ahead of Sanchez was at this point. Wouldn't you love to have a QB who completes over 60% of his passes?
    If 10-6 is as good as you want, and to get beat in the playoffs 1st round then YES, Penny is your man.