Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Lose 2 Championship Games + Lose The Team = Should Have Been Fired Last January

I agree with SAR on this one. Mark Sanchez absolutely can be a good NFL quarterback. Unfortunately, the team as a whole has really sucked this year. That falls on Rex (and Sparano).

Like I said, Pennington was limited. He turned out not to be a franchise QB. But doesn't this system simply require an efficient game manager? Chad would have been PERFECT for the 2009 and 2010 teams. Despite Chad's limitations, he was 1000x better the QB Mark Sanchez is. Don't give me the playoff wins argument, it's stupid and illogical.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    Like I said, Pennington was limited. He turned out not to be a franchise QB. But doesn't this system simply require an efficient game manager? Chad would have been PERFECT for the 2009 and 2010 teams. Despite Chad's limitations, he was 1000x better the QB Mark Sanchez is. Don't give me the playoff wins argument, it's stupid and illogical.
    You think Chad would be perfect in 09 and 10???? OK but but what could he give us that Mark didnt those years? Based on? IMO, we would have been beaten before the AFC Champ games under Chad. History backs me up.

Mark took us to within 10 minutes of the SB. Chad would have done that?

Hard to agree with that part of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan is the problem:

1. He built the team incorrectly.

Didn't realize Rex was the GM.

The more I read SAR's posts, the more I start to agree with him. Though I do think Sanchez is worse than he gives him credit for, SAR is accurate as he can be on his assessment of Rex and the FO.

Probably the same yahoos rooting for Cowher to become coach.. This is SARS thread after 1 bad season and missed playoffs, imagine SARS thread if he was a steeler fan when they weren't in the playoffs for 3 years in a row

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    I agree with SAR on this one. Mark Sanchez absolutely can be a good NFL quarterback. Unfortunately, the team as a whole has really sucked this year.
    "The team sucking" does not cause almost every Sanchez pass to be inaccurate, one of the most inaccurate passers in the NFL, where even completions are off the mark most of the time.

"The team sucking" does not cause Sanchez to repeatedly and regularly throw passes into the chests of defenders.

"The team sucking" does not coat Sanchez' hands in oil, thus leading to 2-3 fumbles a game.

"The team sucking" does not cause Sanchez to be immobile in the pocket like a slower, dumber Ken O'Brien.

"The team sucking" does not Sanchez to be one of the poorest readers of defenses in NFL.

"The team sucking" does not make Sanchez fail to feel pressure, fail to avoid pressure or fail to react to pressure.

"The team sucking" is no excuse for the exceptionaly poor play of Mark Sanchez in 2011 and 2012.

"The team sucking" is an excuse.

The team does suck, and that suck starts with it's most vital and influential player, Mark Sanchez, who sets the tone of fail via inaccuracy, turnovers, attitude and abject personal failure in playing the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    Even after this game, Rex is still pretty locked for another year. After this year, they are going to give Tanny his walking papers after Schotty last year. Next year is Rex Ryan's make or break year.

But if I was Woody/Tanny (if my job was safe), I would have to see how the season ends before I make a decision on Rex. If the season does end bad, then I would fire him.
    Problem is, any new GM will want to name his own coach----I say Tannenbaum and Rex have one more year---unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Problem is, any new GM will want to name his own coach----I say Tannenbaum and Rex have one more year---unfortunately.
    I agree but it's only because they are both attached to Sanchez. Could be why Sanchez was extended, to protect their jobs another year.

It's the only reason I can come up with for the extension.

If I were Rex, I would cut out the comments like "I never would have expected this..." and "I'm open to suggestions..." crap and come down on his team with the hammer.

He sounds unprofessional. It's his job not to underestimate Miami. Fans can get cocky all day long. The fact that the team didn't execute is his problem to solve. Acting dazed and confused is not what you want from a head coach when there are problems.

I don't have anything against Rex but I've trained a lot of managers so I'm putting Rex in the shoes of someone new to management.

If one of my inexperienced managers said what he's said publicly about his "shock", I'd put my foot up their ass and let them know that it's their job to anticipate issues and to resolve them. If I've got to get heavily involved, I don't need you (as a manager).

Yes, **** happens. Players get hurt. People don't live up to expectations. You might even feel overwhelmed as the manager but don't shrug your shoulders and say, "I didn't expect this...".

He's inexperienced as a head coach but someone needs to put a boot in his ass and tell him to take control. Knock off the bravado. Knock off the "I don't know what to do.." crap and solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    If I were Rex, I would cut out the comments like "I never would have expected this..." and "I'm open to suggestions..." crap and come down on his team with the hammer.

He sounds unprofessional. It's his job not to underestimate Miami. Fans can get cocky all day long. The fact that the team didn't execute is his problem to solve. Acting dazed and confused is not what you want from a head coach when there are problems.

I don't have anything against Rex but I've trained a lot of managers so I'm putting Rex in the shoes of someone new to management.

If one of my inexperienced managers said what he's said publicly about his "shock", I'd put my foot up their ass and let them know that it's their job to anticipate issues and to resolve them. If I've got to get heavily involved, I don't need you (as a manager).

Yes, **** happens. Players get hurt. People don't live up to expectations. You might even feel overwhelmed as the manager but don't shrug your shoulders and say, "I didn't expect this...".

He's inexperienced as a head coach but someone needs to put a boot in his ass and tell him to take control. Knock off the bravado. Knock off the "I don't know what to do.." crap and solve it.
    right on. I don't think rex is HC material. He is supposed to be the CEO of the team on the field. Instead he is a buffoon who likes to hear himself talk. He's a clueless SOB. Unfortunately we will be stuck with the three stooges (rex, suckchez, tanny) for at least 1 more yr. If the team collapses again next yr (probable). Even woody will see major changes will have to be made

I would take Alex Smith or the old version of David Garrard big time over the crap we see at QB known as Mark Sanchez.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    I would take Alex Smith or the old version of David Garrard big time over the crap we see at QB known as Mark Sanchez.
    He has ability.

He has lousy weapons and lousy coaching.

SAR I

He has ability.

SAR I
    Marks just a stupid QB.
    I don't think it's rocket science
    He just not a quick thinker & thats what it takes to be a successful NFL QB
    I mean, come on, that late pass to Hill vs the Pats while we were in FG range was just flat out "STUPID" for a guy that's in his 4th year as a starter in the NFL.

Brett Favre used to make stupid plays like that to trying to do to much, only difference was that Favre would throw an 86 yard TD on the next possession to keep himself in the game to take a few more chances.
    Not so much for Mark, he's goes from three bad short passes, to one horrible interception, to a fumble after holding the ball for 8 seconds while in the pocket.
    Next week.....rinse & repeat

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He has ability.

SAR I
    But not enough.

Yeah, lets get rid of Rex during a lockout yr. That makes sense. There is lots of football to play.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    He has ability.

SAR I
    Why do u not answer the question......

Build an all pro offensive team to support Mark,

or get a true franchise QB that doesnt require every position around him to be solidified before looking like a QB?>

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    But not enough.
    Generals Rule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "The team sucking" does not cause almost every Sanchez pass to be inaccurate, one of the most inaccurate passers in the NFL, where even completions are off the mark most of the time.

"The team sucking" does not cause Sanchez to repeatedly and regularly throw passes into the chests of defenders.

"The team sucking" does not coat Sanchez' hands in oil, thus leading to 2-3 fumbles a game.

"The team sucking" does not cause Sanchez to be immobile in the pocket like a slower, dumber Ken O'Brien.

"The team sucking" does not Sanchez to be one of the poorest readers of defenses in NFL.

"The team sucking" does not make Sanchez fail to feel pressure, fail to avoid pressure or fail to react to pressure.

"The team sucking" is no excuse for the exceptionaly poor play of Mark Sanchez in 2011 and 2012.

The team does suck, and that suck starts with it's most vital and influential player, Mark Sanchez, who sets the tone of fail via inaccuracy, turnovers, attitude and abject personal failure in playing the QB position.
    Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Thank you.