Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Lose 2 Championship Games + Lose The Team = Should Have Been Fired Last January

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "The team sucking" does not cause almost every Sanchez pass to be inaccurate, one of the most inaccurate passers in the NFL, where even completions are off the mark most of the time.

"The team sucking" does not cause Sanchez to repeatedly and regularly throw passes into the chests of defenders.

"The team sucking" does not coat Sanchez' hands in oil, thus leading to 2-3 fumbles a game.

"The team sucking" does not cause Sanchez to be immobile in the pocket like a slower, dumber Ken O'Brien.

"The team sucking" does not Sanchez to be one of the poorest readers of defenses in NFL.

"The team sucking" does not make Sanchez fail to feel pressure, fail to avoid pressure or fail to react to pressure.

"The team sucking" is no excuse for the exceptionaly poor play of Mark Sanchez in 2011 and 2012.

"The team sucking" is an excuse.

The team does suck, and that suck starts with it's most vital and influential player, Mark Sanchez, who sets the tone of fail via inaccuracy, turnovers, attitude and abject personal failure in playing the QB position.
    You nailed it! All this is sad but true. Time to move on!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

"The team sucking" does not cause almost every Sanchez pass to be inaccurate, one of the most inaccurate passers in the NFL, where even completions are off the mark most of the time.

"The team sucking" does not cause Sanchez to repeatedly and regularly throw passes into the chests of defenders.

"The team sucking" does not coat Sanchez' hands in oil, thus leading to 2-3 fumbles a game.

"The team sucking" does not cause Sanchez to be immobile in the pocket like a slower, dumber Ken O'Brien.

"The team sucking" does not Sanchez to be one of the poorest readers of defenses in NFL.

"The team sucking" does not make Sanchez fail to feel pressure, fail to avoid pressure or fail to react to pressure.

"The team sucking" is no excuse for the exceptionaly poor play of Mark Sanchez in 2011 and 2012.

"The team sucking" is an excuse.

The team does suck, and that suck starts with it's most vital and influential player, Mark Sanchez, who sets the tone of fail via inaccuracy, turnovers, attitude and abject personal failure in playing the QB position.
    That's a lot of typing right there, all of which is explained by the following:

- Terrible offensive coordinator.

- Terrible offensive line.

- Terrible receiving targets.

- Terrible running game.

Receivers run bad routes, linebackers drop back into coverage, playcalling is brutal, we are always in third and long situations, no rhythm with carpetbagging WR's each season, Tebow inserted at wrong time.

Rex's Circus puts Mark Sanchez in the lion's cage without a whip.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's a lot of typing right there, all of which is explained by the following:

- Terrible offensive coordinator.

- Terrible offensive line.

- Terrible receiving targets.

- Terrible running game.

Receivers run bad routes, linebackers drop back into coverage, playcalling is brutal, we are always in third and long situations, no rhythm with carpetbagging WR's each season, Tebow inserted at wrong time.

SAR I
    So in other words, everyone from Owner up top, down to the ballboy, is terrible, terrible, and terrible.........but not Mark Sanchez.

Even when Mark cannot throw an accurate pass to an open receiver, hits defenders in the chest, fumbles often because he has no feel in the pocket, none of that’s on him. It's the rest of the world that sucks, not Mark.

The pinnacle of responsibility dodging and excuse making. No, no, no, it wasn't me, it was everyone else on earth that sucks.

For those on the fence, I do hope you read these posts, and see what the Pro-Sanchez fans have to resort to now to defend their guy. For Sanchez to not be the problem, every other human being on the Jets franchise, top down to bottom, would have to suck, and be replaced.

Every one.

So, the Jets will have a choice. Sell the team, fire the front office, fire the staff, cut every player and retain Mark.

Or dump Mark, and find a QB who can complete a pass, throw less INT's, fumble less and perhaps, just perhaps, does not need the best Owner, best Front Office, best Head Coach, Best Staff, best O-line, Best RB's, Best WR's and Best Defense in the NFL just to raise the quality of his play to "acceptable".
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-01-2012 at 10:44 AM.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    So in other words, everyone from Owner up top down to the ballboy is terrible, terrible, terrible.........but not Mark Sanchez. Even when Mark cannot throw an accurate pass to an open reciever, hits defenders in the chest, fumbles often because he has no feel in the pocket, none of thats on him. It's the rst of the world that sucks, not Mark.

The pinacle of responsabillity dodging and excuse making. No, no, no, it wasn't me, it was everyone else on earth that sucks.
    Your attempts at rebuttal are futile.

Ever heard the fire safety mantra? "Know Two Ways Out"?
    SAR constructs his posts in the same fashion.

Check out my sig, first 100 members get a bag of candy corns.

Banned
    So in other words, everyone from Owner up top down to the ballboy is terrible, terrible, terrible.........but not Mark Sanchez. Even when Mark cannot throw an accurate pass to an open reciever, hits defenders in the chest, fumbles often because he has no feel in the pocket, none of thats on him. It's the rest of the world that sucks, not Mark.

The pinacle of responsabillity dodging and excuse making. No, no, no, it wasn't me, it was everyone else on earth that sucks.

For those on the fense, I do hope you read these posts, and see what the Pro-Sanchez fans have to resort to now to defend their guy. For Sanchez to not be the problem, every other human being on the Jets, top down to bottom, would have to suck, and be replaced. Every one.

So, the Jets will have a choice. Sell the team, fire the front office, fire the staff, cut every player and retain Mark.

Or dump Mark, and find a QB who can complete a pass, throw less INT's, fumble less and perhaps, just perhaps, does not need the ebst Owner, best Front Office, best Head Coach, Best Staff, best O-line, Best RB's, Best WR's and BEst Defense in the NFL just to raise the quality of his play to "acceptable".

It's funny how much SAR has changed.

Replace "Mark," with "Chad," and he sounds like the old Pennington-lovers.

Pennington killed this team with turnovers and all-around weak QB play, and so has Sanchez. He needs to be benched now!
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 11-01-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Is it just that I'm watching at the wrong time or does Hill drop a lot of catchable balls? Seems to me, that even with Mark's problems, catching some of those would dramatically help.

Yes, he drops plenty of em. Now that cult-Jet fans think this is a function of being a rookie and not being in a pass oriented offense in college. ONly time will tell if this is going to be a long term thing.

Banned

SAR I
    Even with a whip, Sanchez would miss the lion.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Even with a whip, Sanchez would miss the lion.
    He was whipping the shlt out of that sorry a$$ pu$$ycat of a defense you got...
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 11-02-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    It's funny how much SAR has changed.

Replace "Mark," with "Chad," and he sounds like the old Pennington-lovers.

Pennington killed this team with turnovers and all-around weak QB play, and so has Sanchez. He needs to be benched now!
    Chad Pennington had a Hall of Fame running back named Curtis Martin.

Chad Pennington had quality wide receivers such as Jericho Cotchery, Wayne Chrebet, Laverneous Coles, and Santana Moss.

Chad Pennington had a multidimensional back named Richie Anderson who could catch passes out of the backfield on broken plays.

Chad Pennington had a mix of offensive receiving weapons that he had the ability to bond with for three or four seasons at a time.

Chad Pennington played behind a Top 5 offensive line.

Mark Sanchez doesn't have a fraction of the support that Chad Pennington had.

Chad Pennington's failures were on Chad Pennington. He was set up to succeed but never did. Mark Sanchez, with a lot less help, did more in two seasons than Chad Pennington did in a decade.

It would be very simple if our problem was just Mark Sanchez. I wish it was our only problem, to be honest, would make things so much easier. Unfortunately the problems go way, way deeper than that.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Chad Pennington had a Hall of Fame running back named Curtis Martin.

Chad Pennington had quality wide receivers such as Jericho Cotchery, Wayne Chrebet, Laverneous Coles, and Santana Moss.

Chad Pennington had a multidimensional back named Richie Anderson who could catch passes out of the backfield on broken plays.

Chad Pennington had a mix of offensive receiving weapons that he had the ability to bond with for three or four seasons at a time.

Chad Pennington played behind a Top 5 offensive line.

Mark Sanchez doesn't have a fraction of the support that Chad Pennington had.

Chad Pennington's failures were on Chad Pennington. He was set up to succeed but never did. Mark Sanchez, with a lot less help, did more in two seasons than Chad Pennington did in a decade.

It would be very simple if our problem was just Mark Sanchez. I wish it was our only problem, to be honest, would make things so much easier. Unfortunately the problems go way, way deeper than that.

SAR I
    I agree with this. On THIS team..Chad would be unable to generate any offense. He would, IF LUCKY, look like the Chad of the 2005 PITT loss. You know...unable to generate an offensive TD.

Chad Pennington's failures were on Chad Pennington. He was set up to succeed but never did.

SAR I

Besides leading the Jets to the playoffs all 3 seasons he was healthy here, and leading the Dolphins to the playoffs in the only season he was healthy for them? Yeah, sounds like failure.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Rex Ryan is the problem:

1. He built the team incorrectly.

2. The defense he inherited was better than the one he created.

3. He's ignored all offensive responsibility.

4. He hasn't supported his quarterback.

5. He hasn't gotten a running back that can be a difference-maker.

6. His team is undisciplined.

7. His team is unprepared.

8. He lost the pulse of the locker room and never got it back.

SAR I
    Everyone wanted Tom Coughlin fired late last year also, Now look at him

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Besides leading the Jets to the playoffs all 3 seasons he was healthy here, and leading the Dolphins to the playoffs in the only season he was healthy for them? Yeah, sounds like failure.
    never took a team as far as Mark has .....yet the excuse makers are always backing him.

10 and 6..........his JET high water mark.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandBlitz View Post
    Everyone wanted Tom Coughlin fired late last year also, Now look at him
    The Giants never quit on Tom Coughlin. Instead, they rallied behind him, went 6-0 including the Super Bowl.

The Jets quit on Rex Ryan. Since his "rallying cry" in the watershed game at home against the Patriots a year ago next week, the Jets are 6-10 including going 0-7 against teams that will end each year with winning records.

The time for the Coughlin argument was last season; right now, it's a huge indictment.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 11-03-2012 at 12:01 AM.

The Giants never quit on Tom Coughlin. Instead, they rallied behind him, went 6-0 including the Super Bowl.

The Jets quit on Rex Ryan. Since his "rallying cry" in the watershed game at home against the Patriots a year ago next week, the Jets are 6-10 including going 0-7 against teams that will end each year with winning records.

The time for the Coughlin argument was last season; right now, it's a huge indictment.

SAR I
    SAR,

It's kind of amusing that one of the guys in your "Coaching Hall of Shame" has built a better current defense than Rex's.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    SAR,

It's kind of amusing that one of the guys in your "Coaching Hall of Shame" has built a better current defense than Rex's.
    Quite ironic. No other ex-rookie Jets head coach has ever amounted to a damned thing.

SAR I

Rex is an idiot. He and Sparano tried to go back to the "ground and pound" approach.

Only problem?

They forget to get a running back

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    never took a team as far as Mark has .....yet the excuse makers are always backing him.

10 and 6..........his JET high water mark.

Well, if you want to attribute records to him and not the team, at least give "him" credit for going 11-5 in Miami in '08. But you make a great point considering Chad had such good teams around him. I mean, just look at the records of those teams during the years he got hurt:

'03: 6-10
    '05: 4-12
    '07: 4-12
    '09 (Miami): 7-9

But 8 years worth of data is such a tiny sample size. Means nothing.

Not sure how this thread got into Chad Pennington... but it seems it started with Sanchez and Rex bashing. Note that they have both been here for only 3+ seasons. Both are the product of one Michael Tannenbaum, who has been GM for 6+ seasons. You want to find the source of the problem (other than the owner, who obviously is going nowhere), look at Mr. T and no farther.