Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lose 2 Championship Games + Lose The Team = Should Have Been Fired Last January

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR,
    It has become apparent to me that the only thing that will right this ship is to hit our dear owner in his pocket book. As long as people keep buying the tickets, jerseys and anything with the Jets logo on it he'll be content on keeping this inept coach and his cartoon attitude.

It is time for a boycott of this franchise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex, Sanchez, and Tanny all need to go.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    SAR,
    It has become apparent to me that the only thing that will right this ship is to hit our dear owner in his pocket book. As long as people keep buying the tickets, jerseys and anything with the Jets logo on it he'll be content on keeping this inept coach and his cartoon attitude.

It is time for a boycott of this franchise.
    I think you are right. All of us should mail Woody one of our Jet paraphernalia with a note telling him we ain’t buying any more of his stuff until he rights the ship. It’s become embarrasing to go in public with Jets gear...how’s that for brand appeal/recognition Woody?
    Last edited by canadianjetsfan; 10-28-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark, while lousy, isn't the problem with the defense, the running game, the special teams, the offensive coordination, the defensive coordination, the clock management issues, the playcalling.

SAR I
    A respectable passing game would open up the run game. However, Mark is not the whole problem just a big part of it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan is the problem:

1. He built the team incorrectly.

2. The defense he inherited was better than the one he created.

3. He's ignored all offensive responsibility.

4. He hasn't supported his quarterback.

5. He hasn't gotten a running back that can be a difference-maker.

6. His team is undisciplined.

7. His team is unprepared.

8. He lost the pulse of the locker room and never got it back.

SAR I
    +8

And Woody orchestrates this but deep down he loves it. Good press, bad press, doesnt matter as long as the JETS "brand" is mentioned keeping them relevant.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You make a valid argument.....However......

Saying he "lost 2 Championship Games" as a way to make your point is just ridiculous. Remember this team OVERACHIEVED by winning two road games as under dogs to make it to those games in the first place.

This was a 9-7 team, WITH Favre at QB, in a division WITHOUT BRADY the year prior. Rex definatley overachieved those first two years no question from an unbiased perspective.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Again with the laughing stock of the league...this might be the most foolish statement we read on this sight...let's give Miami some credit as they came in here and beat us...does that make us a laughing stock? Maybe we are unprepared but I don't think we are a laughing stock...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    I guessed you missed the niners game. The media for the small amount I have seen agrees with the laughing stock statement. I guess you missed the clown car newspaper cover page. I hope things get better but as the weeks go by I think the laughing stock statement will become more apparent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    You make a valid argument.....However......

Saying he "lost 2 Championship Games" as a way to make your point is just ridiculous. Remember this team OVERACHIEVED by winning two road games as under dogs to make it to those games in the first place.

This was a 9-7 team, WITH Favre at QB, in a division WITHOUT BRADY the year prior. Rex definatley overachieved those first two years no question from an unbiased perspective.
    The Colts pulling their starters, a Bengals team that didn't belong and Nate Kaeding all helped win those games the first year, more than our own efforts.

The second year a dumbass call by the Colts' coach, one that even made Manning "WTF" on live TV set us up for the ONLY hard earned win during the "AFC Championship tour" years - the Patriots.

Seriously, these wins gave Ryan credit and gave "thirsty for ANYTHING" Jets fans a nice helping of his Kool-Aid.

Those playoff runs hurt this franchise more than helped it in the long term. They didn't overachieve, they got LUCKY.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    The Colts pulling their starters, a Bengals team that didn't belong and Nate Kaeding all helped win those games the first year, more than our own efforts.

The second year a dumbass call by the Colts' coach, one that even made Manning "WTF" on live TV set us up for the ONLY hard earned win during the "AFC Championship tour" years - the Patriots.

Seriously, these wins gave Ryan credit and gave "thirsty for ANYTHING" Jets fans a nice helping of his Kool-Aide.

Those playoff runs hurt this franchise more than helped it in the long term. They didn't overachieve, they got LUCKY.
    You act as if we were loaded, and the pathetic Bengals were over matched talent wise LOL

Look, you can btch and complain about playoff wins all you want and style points, just remember we still won and overachieved. Yes, we had some great breaks......just like plenty of teams that won playoff games (Pats SB run 2001?).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    +8

And Woody orchestrates this but deep down he loves it. Good press, bad press, doesnt matter as long as the JETS "brand" is mentioned keeping them relevant.
    problem is....we are irrelevant.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are consistantly confused. Coming off a long TV timeout. They still looked confused and barely get the play off. This has been happening consistantly all year. They also cannot run a simple F..ing screen pass. This is coaching. If ryan was a real coach he would have taken over the offense himself. Parcells and Belicheat were also defensive coaches but both took control of the team and the offense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It says alot about the recent Jets Era of Success, that so many Fans are in a "Send Woody Your Stuff, Stop Buying Tickets, Root for Other Teams, Fire Everyone, Kill Um' All!!!!" fuss when the team is sitting at 3-5 and has lost it's two most explosive players (Revis, Holmes), it's best safety-net receiving option (Keller) and the entire lineup of RB's is hurt.

Says alot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    I agree. The kid has no leadership qualities whatsoever
    When Dennis Byrd addressed the team prior to the cointoss (near the tunnel, before the team went to the sideline) he was getting very animated, firing guys up. I looked down and sanchez was in the outer ring of the group, literally where the bench players and special teams guys were.

Forget his awful play on the field. The QB should be in the middle of the huddle there, firing HIS troops up, not standing in the background like the goddam punter.

We have a $17 million dollar albatross around the neck of this team in 2013...what coach in his right mind would come here, work for an idiot in Woody johnson, with a terrible, broken QB forced down his throat as the starter or most expensive backup in the history of the league.

The only play for Rex at this point is to go to mcelroy and say F it....i will take the media heat and just play the guy who gives us the best chance to win

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    I think you are right. All of us should mail Woody one of our Jet paraphernalia with a note telling him we ainít buying any more of his stuff until he rights the ship. Itís become embarrasing to go in public with Jets gear...howís that for brand appeal/recognition Woody?
    That won't generate media coverage unless you get a TV station to cover you (or a group or a MetLife section) all doing it at once.

To be effective you need media coverage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It says alot about the recent Jets Era of Success, that so many Fans are in a "Send Woody Your Stuff, Stop Buying Tickets, Root for Other Teams, Fire Everyone, Kill Um' All!!!!" fuss when the team is sitting at 3-5 and has lost it's two most explosive players (Revis, Holmes), it's best safety-net receiving option (Keller) and the entire lineup of RB's is hurt.

Says alot.
    Disagree......this started right at the PITT loss 2 years ago.

We haven't beaten a winning team since. Our front office is a circus and mortgaged our future.

Look at the NY Giants draft picks compared to ours since 2009 . It is mind boggling.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    That won't generate media coverage unless you get a TV station to cover you (or a group or a MetLife section) all doing it at once.

To be effective you need media coverage.
    If "dump truckĒ loads of stuff gets continuosly mailed to Woody...thatíll be newsworthy, donít you think? I can see already see it on the front page of the post!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Disagree......this started right at the PITT loss 2 years ago.

We haven't beaten a winning team since. Our front office is a circus and mortgaged our future.

Look at the NY Giants draft picks compared to ours since 2009 . It is mind boggling.
    I agree. The window closed at the opening kickoff of the AFCCG. How a team could come out that flat when they are 60 minutes from the SB is inexcusable. I don't care if we made it close in the 2nd half b.c Pitt was in a prevent and the game was never in doubt.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    When Dennis Byrd addressed the team prior to the cointoss (near the tunnel, before the team went to the sideline) he was getting very animated, firing guys up. I looked down and sanchez was in the outer ring of the group, literally where the bench players and special teams guys were.

Forget his awful play on the field. The QB should be in the middle of the huddle there, firing HIS troops up, not standing in the background like the goddam punter.

We have a $17 million dollar albatross around the neck of this team in 2013...what coach in his right mind would come here, work for an idiot in Woody johnson, with a terrible, broken QB forced down his throat as the starter or most expensive backup in the history of the league.

The only play for Rex at this point is to go to mcelroy and say F it....i will take the media heat and just play the guy who gives us the best chance to win
    winner!

With Sanchez and Holmes locked in for close to $30M next year the Jet job is about as attractive as a trip to Beiruit! Rex and Tanny will get 1 more yr by default......

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even after this game, Rex is still pretty locked for another year. After this year, they are going to give Tanny his walking papers after Schotty last year. Next year is Rex Ryan's make or break year.

But if I was Woody/Tanny (if my job was safe), I would have to see how the season ends before I make a decision on Rex. If the season does end bad, then I would fire him.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan is the problem:

1. He built the team incorrectly.

2. The defense he inherited was better than the one he created.

3. He's ignored all offensive responsibility.

4. He hasn't supported his quarterback.

5. He hasn't gotten a running back that can be a difference-maker.

6. His team is undisciplined.

7. His team is unprepared.

8. He lost the pulse of the locker room and never got it back.

SAR I
    Everything is accurate except #4. He supports his QB to a fault. They are tied to each other. It's the only reason they won't give Tebow a shot whereas every other NFL HC would have pulled Sanchez at halftime today.