Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lose 2 Championship Games + Lose The Team = Should Have Been Fired Last January

Lose 2 Championship Games + Lose The Team = Should Have Been Fired Last January

Rex Ryan is the problem:

1. He built the team incorrectly.

2. The defense he inherited was better than the one he created.

3. He's ignored all offensive responsibility.

4. He hasn't supported his quarterback.

5. He hasn't gotten a running back that can be a difference-maker.

6. His team is undisciplined.

7. His team is unprepared.

8. He lost the pulse of the locker room and never got it back.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan is the problem:

SAR I
    Agreed....but Mark needs to go too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed! And they must take Mr.T with them as well as Greene and Sparano & Pettine.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Mark, while lousy, isn't the problem with the defense, the running game, the special teams, the offensive coordination, the defensive coordination, the clock management issues, the playcalling.

1. We signed up for a Rex Ryan strategy that doesn't work in today's NFL.

2. We collected players that either a) couldn't execute it or b) aren't being coached properly.

Both are squarely on Rex Ryan's shoulders.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Saying that Sanchez isn't a problem is means for your entire argument to be thrown in the trash.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mark, while lousy, isn't the problem with the defense, the running game, the special teams, the offensive coordination, the defensive coordination, the clock management issues, the playcalling.

2. We collected players that either a) couldn't execute it or b) aren't being coached properly.

SAR I
    Fine...but too much has passed. he has NO FIRE. Put McElroy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Saying that Sanchez isn't a problem is means for your entire argument to be thrown in the trash.
    I said he is a problem BUT he is not as big of a problem as everything else, and everything else is on Rex Ryan.

SAR I

Veteran
    We've get to rid of these in this order:

1. Tannenbaum
    2. Sanchez
    3. Rex
    4. Tebow

Practice Squad

SAR I
    And not a word about the roster Tanny put together?

I've been aboard with you about Ryan, but not to mention the GM putting together this mess together is wrong .

I think Woody loves Rex too much for him to let him go just yet. Tanny will be moved to a financial position, and they will bring in a football guy
    Last edited by Mickey Shuler; 10-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I agree. The kid has no leadership qualities whatsoever

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex Ryan is the problem:

SAR I

SAR I
    I said it last year before Schottenheimer was (rightfully) jettisoned and I guess at this point I will say so again; Rex seems to be the biggest problem with the team at this point.

It's obvious that there are major issues with personnel, but some of it can be overcome. For instance, as bad as Sanchez has been, it's obvious to a duck that he is better with a more uptempo approach to the game. What does the coaching staff do? Run the play clock down to the sub-5 second mark. Greene's a better late-game runner? Let's start him! Pace can't hold the point of attack or pursue from the backside? Let's start him and leave a guy that can do at least one of those things on the bench! Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post

1. Tannenbaum
    2. Sanchez
    3. Rex
    4. Tebow
    I'd say ...

1. Ryan

2. Sanchez
    3. Tanny
    4. Holmes

It's also the lack of progression from the younger players. McKnight & Kerley are the only guys who you can say have improved since they were drafted. The coaching just isn't there.

Perhaps a new QB will change everything... they have to try. Rex's biggest problem is sticking with Mark Sanchez. Sanchez's pyche is already distroyed so benching him will either be a challenge or prove he is/isn't the problem.

There’s no doubt about it that this team continues to spiral downward and has become the laughing stock of the league. Ryan doesn’t seem to “have the room anymore”.
    The change, if it done properly, must happen at the top...and it must begin by canning Tanny-the-beancounter.
    But, Woody doesn’t care enough to do the right thing. If any one of us would be running someone’s company into the ground, wouldn’t you expect to one day be shown the door? Tanny is ultimately responsible.
    But no. What’ll probably end up happening is that we will see Tanny force a change at QB ( Woody will pressure him), Sparano will step down, etc, etc, etc.
    This will be a freakin' hell of an end of season...

We've get to rid of these in no particular order because they all MUST go:

1. Tannenbaum
    2. Sanchez
    3. Rex
    4. Tebow
    Fixed.

For me, Rex has to go because of the Sparano hire. Somehow, he found the only man alive who could make the Jets offense worse than it was last year. Even though the defense isn't a disaster, nothing about this team is getting better under Rex.

All Pro

1. Tannenbaum
    2. Rex
    3. Sanchez
    4. Tebow
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    There’s no doubt about it that this team continues to spiral downward and has become the laughing stock of the league. Ryan doesn’t seem to “have the room anymore”.
    The change, if it done properly, must happen at the top...and it must begin by canning Tanny-the-beancounter.
    But, Woody doesn’t care enough to do the right thing. If any one of us would be running someone’s company into the ground, wouldn’t you expect to one day be shown the door? Tanny is ultimately responsible.
    But no. What’ll probably end up happening is that we will see Tanny force a change at QB ( Woody will pressure him), Sparano will step down, etc, etc, etc.
    This will be a freakin' hell of an end of season...
    Again with the laughing stock of the league...this might be the most foolish statement we read on this sight...let's give Miami some credit as they came in here and beat us...does that make us a laughing stock? Maybe we are unprepared but I don't think we are a laughing stock...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    All for one, one for all. GM, HC and QB.

Maybe Sanchez was a victim to Rex but that does not change the state of affairs at our QB position. IMO he is damaged goods.

I didn’t say that Miami isn’t a worthy opponent. but this team put up a measeley 9 pts today, 0 points against SanFran, and should have lost game 1 vs Miami. I won't even talk about how they gave away last week’s game. This is a bad team.
    if you wish to ignore the obvious, that’s your perogative.