Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Done With Sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Done With Sanchez

I wanted it to work. I wanted it to work so badly. I didn't want to give up, but I finally have.

We're never going anywhere with Sanchez unless the defense plays at the level that it did in '09 and '10, and that's not a realistic expectation. The quarterback needs to be replaced. (So do other people, but it starts at the top)

It's time to start looking at QBs for the 2013 and 2014 drafts. We're just playing out the string for the rest of this year. Actually, we'll probably be playing out the string for the next year and a half. I still don't believe we're a terrible team, and see us finishing at 7-9, which isn't going to put us in the top 5. And I don't want to trade the farm to move up for any of the guys that are coming out this year.

There's not an ounce of anger in me...I'm just sad. We were so close a few years ago. Now we're at least 3-4 years away again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I wanted it to work. I wanted it to work so badly. I didn't want to give up, but I finally have.

We're never going anywhere with Sanchez unless the defense plays at the level that it did in '09 and '10, and that's not a realistic expectation. The quarterback needs to be replaced. (So do other people, but it starts at the top)

It's time to start looking at QBs for the 2013 and 2014 drafts. We're just playing out the string for the rest of this year. Actually, we'll probably be playing out the string for the next year and a half. I still don't believe we're a terrible team, and see us finishing at 7-9, which isn't going to put us in the top 5. And I don't want to trade the farm to move up for any of the guys that are coming out this year.

There's not an ounce of anger in me...I'm just sad. We were so close a few years ago. Now we're at least 3-4 years away again.
    I'm sure no one blames you for rooting so hard for Sanchez. Despite my criticism of him, I also very much wanted him to work out.

It's an unfortunate fact around drafting QB's. They are ALL crap shoots.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You and I see eye to eye very often about football things (both lawyers too). It's been over for Sanchez for a while, you just didn't want to believe it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fouts said something in the 3rd quarter, when Sanchez has a perfect pocket, time to go through his progressions he can be very accurate and effective, however as soon as something goes wrong or he gets pressured a little he just becomes a mess. If you watch the NFL you are just not going to have a clean pocket every play, your QB needs to make plays when the play breaks down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Fouts said something in the 3rd quarter, when Sanchez has a perfect pocket, time to go through his progressions he can be very accurate and effective, however as soon as something goes wrong or he gets pressured a little he just becomes a mess. If you watch the NFL you are just not going to have a clean pocket every play, your QB needs to make plays when the play breaks down.
    Fouts was spot-on all game about the Jets. If only someone would listen to him...

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good way to describe him. The only difference I would've said is that Sanchez is great if his first receiver is open. If he has to go through his reads he struggles, even when he does has time.

When he has time and a perfect throwing lane, and his first read is open, he looks like a great QB. However, it's just not feasible to expect that to happen with any regularity, and the fact is that he's just awful in every situation where things don't go perfectly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

I am right with you...I wear my Sanchez jersey every sun. but today I just had to come to reality that he is not a good qb, and has zero leadership skills..there I said it ..and I feel better..I had about 25 fins fans chanting Sanchez all day at me ..I am tired of defending him...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't root hard in any jet game for the last 4 years ....just because I wanted to say told ya so about suckchez!!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Despite my criticism of him, I also very much wanted him to work out.
    We all want whomever the Jets #1 QB is to work out. What fans want doesn't miss piss all.

Sanchez has not worked out. He is grossly inaccurate, and a turnover machine. It simply is what it is. He must be replaced, sooner or later.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still had hope. I seriously had hope. But enough is enough. After the first sack I said to my brother, this game is done. Wish I was wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed 100%. I will also add we need to revamp our entire offensive coaching staff.

Now I need to think of who to have as a new avatar.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    I didn't root hard in any jet game for the last 4 years ....just because I wanted to say told ya so about suckchez!!!!!
    ..................Congratulations??????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Fouts was spot-on all game about the Jets. If only someone would listen to him...
    Dan Fouts: Honorary CKC Member.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Qb has a perfect situation every down. Almost every QB doesn't make it to the NFL unless they can succeed under these perfect conditions. This excuse doesn't hold any water.

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    No Qb has a perfect situation every down. Almost every QB doesn't make it to the NFL unless they can succeed under these perfect conditions. This excuse doesn't hold any water.
    It's not an excuse, it's the point of the criticism. Good QBs need to be able to handle plays that don't go perfectly, and Sanchez can't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And there it is, in all its douchebaggery. Quite the fan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must be so very proud of yourself

Our QB of the future is not on the roster right now. Tebow sucks and McElroy is a carrier 3rd stringer; these guys are not an option long term.

The only college QB I've been impressed with is Collin Klein. He's huge, mobile, accurate, and has the clutch gene with the potential to be the next Big Ben IMO. He's the only QB I'd even consider drafting out of this year's class.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's what I've been saying about Sanchez for the better part of a year now.

It's like he needs every facet of the offense to be firing on all cylinders just to turn in a halfway decent performance.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has become a good loser
    He should finally shoulder the responsibility for poor play
    Turning over a table or something to that effect could go a long way toward improvement

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    You must be so very proud of yourself

Our QB of the future is not on the roster right now. Tebow sucks and McElroy is a carrier 3rd stringer; these guys are not an option long term.

The only college QB I've been impressed with is Collin Klein. He's huge, mobile, accurate, and has the clutch gene with the potential to be the next Big Ben IMO. He's the only QB I'd even consider drafting out of this year's class.
    Are you kidding me?

Klein is a carbon copy of the guy you just said sucks.

LOL