Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Done With Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    You must be so very proud of yourself

Our QB of the future is not on the roster right now. Tebow sucks and McElroy is a carrier 3rd stringer; these guys are not an option long term.

The only college QB I've been impressed with is Collin Klein. He's huge, mobile, accurate, and has the clutch gene with the potential to be the next Big Ben IMO. He's the only QB I'd even consider drafting out of this year's class.
    Klein is Tebow 2.0

Not an NFL QB at all, don't think he's draft eligible but I like Bridgewater out of Louisville, hes accurate and has a strong arm, also has good pocket awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Klein is a carbon copy of the guy you just said sucks.

LOL
    No he's not, he's taller, he's faster, more accurate, more upside. Tebow is a JAG that had a future HOF kicker winning games for him last year..

Funny how you all think it's a given Sanchez is over with just because you have come to the realization Sanchez sucks. I have known Sanchez sucks for over 2 years and have had to live with him as the unquestioned QB of my team. Now you former Sanchez homers will have to join my misery cause Sanchez is here to stay as long as Rex and company are in charge.

Rex gives to much publicity to the NYJ for Woody to fire him and Rex has this undying love for the kid who will eventually get him fired. Get ready to join me in hell former Sanchez homers it wont be pretty.

Jets Insider VIP
    No he's not, he's taller, he's faster, more accurate, more upside. Tebow is a JAG that had a future HOF kicker winning games for him last year..
    Bullsh*t

Did you even watch Tebow at Florida?

Every analyst and their mother is making the Klein/Tebow comparison.

And when the hell did Matt Prater become a HOF kicker?

Rookie
    Here is a thought. Was actually thinking this this morning. Does Sanchez have any trade value ? See what we can get in a trade. Start Mcelroy rest of season. See what happens from here out. Maybe a player or two, or maybe a relatively high draft pick. I know, it sounds and looks crazy, but........????

And when the hell did Matt Prater become a HOF kicker?
    When he started making 59-60 yarders to fuel the Teblowhards and their savior's myth

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I wanted it to work. I wanted it to work so badly. I didn't want to give up, but I finally have.

We're never going anywhere with Sanchez unless the defense plays at the level that it did in '09 and '10, and that's not a realistic expectation. The quarterback needs to be replaced. (So do other people, but it starts at the top)

It's time to start looking at QBs for the 2013 and 2014 drafts. We're just playing out the string for the rest of this year. Actually, we'll probably be playing out the string for the next year and a half. I still don't believe we're a terrible team, and see us finishing at 7-9, which isn't going to put us in the top 5. And I don't want to trade the farm to move up for any of the guys that are coming out this year.

There's not an ounce of anger in me...I'm just sad. We were so close a few years ago. Now we're at least 3-4 years away again.

Spot on with how I feel...my Dad, who's retired in Florida, and I were having the exact same reaction today. I was willing to give Sanchez this season to show any sign of consistency or improvement, but I am done with him. Let him play out the season, then start rebuilding for the future.

Of course, the question remains can this front office get the job done?

Jets Insider VIP
    When he started making 59-60 yarders to fuel the Teblowhards and their savior's myth
    So hitting a couple of long field goals makes you a HOFer?

Sorry, but that sh*t is ridiculous.

The only placekicker over the past 30+ years that has a chance at the HOF is Vinatieri.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi View Post
    Here is a thought. Was actually thinking this this morning. Does Sanchez have any trade value ? See what we can get in a trade. Start Mcelroy rest of season. See what happens from here out. Maybe a player or two, or maybe a relatively high draft pick. I know, it sounds and looks crazy, but........????
    Seriously? With his contract and awful play, who would give up ANYTHING to acquire him?

So hitting a couple of long field goals makes you a HOFer?

Sorry, but that sh*t is ridiculous.

The only placekicker over the past 30+ years that has a chance at the HOF is Vinatieri.
    I was being sarcastic genius

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I wanted it to work. I wanted it to work so badly. I didn't want to give up, but I finally have.

We're never going anywhere with Sanchez unless the defense plays at the level that it did in '09 and '10, and that's not a realistic expectation. The quarterback needs to be replaced. (So do other people, but it starts at the top)
    Bull****. You are a diehard.

But I agree with everything else you said.

We will win some more games and that will cost us the blue-chippers we desperately need. Only way we have a chance to get a good QB prospect is if we lose out.

Just look at the price the Redskins had to pay for RG3. Not that they are complaining now but to move up is going to be very costly.

He has plenty of value. We would have to give them at least one2nd and possibly a 3rd to take him.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Seriously? With his contract and awful play, who would give up ANYTHING to acquire him?
    Thats my whole point. Dump him for whatever we can get. He has to go. Plain and simple. I'm sure we can get and field a qb who can't do any worse. Find our future qb next year.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    He has plenty of value. We would have to give them at least one2nd and possibly a 3rd to take him.
    Again, that is my point. Has to go !!!

Would you trade for Sanchez? If so what?

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe a team in the Arena League would be interested.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Would you trade for Sanchez? If so what?
    If he were on another team and put up for trade...No. Like I mentioned earlier. See if there are any takers?? You never know. There may be some other stupid ass that would take him off our hand for maybe a couple of low picks. We can always bundle picks to move up or down in the draft. Just get him out of here. He is absolutely no help. You never know what kind of a performance he is going to give you.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Maybe a team in the Arena League would be interested.
    Thats fine !! Maybe we can get some kind of a play maker. Even if its on special teams. I know I opened myself up for all that is comming. Thats ok. Point is, he has to go !!!

If Sanchez is going to be benched, it's only going to be for Tebow. They will give Tebow every chance to succeed. Woody and Tannenbaum have to save face. If they draft another QB next year, they admit their **** up. If Tebow succeeds, they can at least say that they made a good move by trading for their starting QB.

The problem is, if Tebow doesn't learn how to throw, he's going to retard the process of Hill and Kerley.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bull****. You are a diehard.

But I agree with everything else you said.

We will win some more games and that will cost us the blue-chippers we desperately need. Only way we have a chance to get a good QB prospect is if we lose out.

Just look at the price the Redskins had to pay for RG3. Not that they are complaining now but to move up is going to be very costly.
    There's no RGIII in this draft. Barkley, Smith, Wilson, Jones, etc. None of those guys are worth trading future 1st rounders for.