Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Done With Sanchez

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez just needs the right receiver:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    Sanchez just needs the right receiver:

Close, but its the broad side. Not the end !!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    There's no RGIII in this draft. Barkley, Smith, Wilson, Jones, etc. None of those guys are worth trading future 1st rounders for.
    True.

Sometimes you have to suck at the right time. When we get the top pick the best player in the draft is Keyshawn Johnson.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    True.

Sometimes you have to suck at the right time. When we get the top pick the best player in the draft is Keyshawn Johnson.
    And Peyton Manning . . . if you would have promised that you would have taken him first.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    I didn't root hard in any jet game for the last 4 years ....just because I wanted to say told ya so about suckchez!!!!!
    You are a frikkan MORON!!!!! I want to piss all over your face you dingbat!!! Go root for the Pats!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    And Peyton Manning . . . if you would have promised that you would have taken him first.
    Right on...GFY Parcells you GD A$$hole!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Fouts said something in the 3rd quarter, when Sanchez has a perfect pocket, time to go through his progressions he can be very accurate and effective, however as soon as something goes wrong or he gets pressured a little he just becomes a mess. If you watch the NFL you are just not going to have a clean pocket every play, your QB needs to make plays when the play breaks down.
    We had the same thing with a qb named chad. With him, it was mostly physical limitations. With a clean pocket, he could step in and drive the ball. With pressure, he couldnt. With Sanchez, its more of a mental, decision making issue. When he has time, he'll find the open guy and hit him. With the first sign of pressure, all bets are off.

After 3.5 yeats, the game has not slowed down for him like it has for other successful qbs. It may at some point down the line, but for the Jets to decide (after this season) to count on it happening soon, is wishful thinking.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I have selective memory with that one.

Proof that we are absolutely cursed. At the time when we have a HoF coach, that coach costs us one of the greatest QBs of all-time.

And that wasn't the first time we missed out on a Mt. Rushmore QB, as you already know.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have selective memory with that one.

Proof that we are absolutely cursed. At the time when we have a HoF coach, that coach costs us one of the greatest QBs of all-time.
    Don't forget that Parcells deciding to stay on as GM (for only one year) instead of heading off into the sunset meant that Belichick left the team as well.

Belichick and Peyton combo would have been a little bit nicer than the years of Groh/Herm paired with Vinny and Chad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    True.

The only reason I wouldn't give up anther 1st in this draft for a B is because there are like 6 great prospects coming out this year. I was hesitant at 1st but OK I think it is obvious at this point Sanchez is not a pro QB and no one really believes in Tebow or he'd be starting by now. So I think we should take a good look at our options for next year.

I love this years class and right now a 1st rounder sounds good to me. We likely do not get a top pick but there is a very deep class here. Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, EJ Manuel, and Landry Jones are all 1st round quality QBs. Even Logan Thomas has a Cam Newton quality to him. That guy is a monster. Brey reminds me a lot of Sanchez only more ballzy. Even if they pass on QB in the 1st I'd be thrilled with Manuel or Landry in the 2nd. Really how many teams are looking at 1st 2nd round QBs this year. KC, Buff, Zona maybe Oak and Philly. We have to get one of those 6. I'm actually loving Manuel right now. 6'4 240 fast and has like a 70 % comp right now.