Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: For the Future of this Jet Franchise

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    For the Future of this Jet Franchise

    Would it be possible to impliment a new order at this point in the yr that could lead the Jet team in a new direction heading into next season and beyond.

    I am talking from tomorrow :

    New GM : I believe having a GM who's also the cap manager is a mistake.

    New HC : This HC while a solid DC is not cut out for the position of HC.

    New OC : Sparano is lost.

    New STs coach: Westy is leaving anyway so time to get started with the new guy.

    New DC : is it rex's defense or is it Pettine.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Would it be possible to impliment a new order at this point in the yr that could lead the Jet team in a new direction heading into next season and beyond.

    I am talking from tomorrow :

    New GM : I believe having a GM who's also the cap manager is a mistake.

    New HC : This HC while a solid DC is not cut out for the position of HC.

    New OC : Sparano is lost.

    New STs coach: Westy is leaving anyway so time to get started with the new guy.

    New DC : is it rex's defense or is it Pettine.
    Woody Jonson LOVES Rex brash style. Loves that he acts like a clown. Rex acts like he belongs in the WWF, and just like pro wrestling, Rex is a fraud, a fake, a guy who needs to talk the talk for entertainment sake but rarely walks the walk. Its all about the "brand" of the JETS and a boring HC like Tom Coughlin who just wins and doesnt call out opposing team's players just doesnt work for Woody.

    The future of the JETS franchise?

    We are screwed for as long as Woody Johnson owns this team.
    Last edited by copernicus; 10-28-2012 at 06:27 PM.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody Jonson LOVES Rex brash style. Loves that he acts like a clown. Rex acts like he belongs in the WWF, and just like pro wrestling, Rex is a fraud, a fake, a guy who needs to talk the talk for entertainment sake but rarely walks the walk. Its all about the "brand" of the JETS and a boring HC like Tom Coughlin who just wins and doesnt call out opposing team's players just doesnt work for Woody.

    We are screwed for as long as Woody Johnson owns this team.
    When the stadium is empty for remaining home games, concessions drop etc...perhaps Woody will listen.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    When the stadium is empty for remaining home games, concessions drop etc...perhaps Woody will listen.
    You are one of the best posters on the board and see exactly what is going on.

    It's all about the JETS "brand" for Woody

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's say u both are right and it's all about the brand with this Owner. Even a moron can see that the Brand is about to become tarnish in the eyes of the consumer(the fans) and the media (the Mechine which pushes said brand).

    In the interest of generating renewed interest in said Brand, something drastic needs to be done. Has any HC been fired this early in a Season.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    When the stadium is empty for remaining home games, concessions drop etc...perhaps Woody will listen.
    Time will tell. Somehow i hope it happens

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Let's say u both are right and it's all about the brand with this Owner. Even a moron can see that the Brand is about to become tarnish in the eyes of the consumer(the fans) and the media (the Mechine which pushes said brand).

    In the interest of generating renewed interest in said Brand, something drastic needs to be done. Has any HC been fired this early in a Season.
    I equate it to the media and Hollywood actors in the sense that it doesnt matter if it is good or bad publicity, just as long as its publicity.

    Too much work and no "buzz" to win like the Giants and other successful teams.

    Much easier to act like Rex and call out opposing team's players

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Would it be possible to impliment a new order at this point in the yr that could lead the Jet team in a new direction heading into next season and beyond.

    I am talking from tomorrow :

    New GM : I believe having a GM who's also the cap manager is a mistake.

    New HC : This HC while a solid DC is not cut out for the position of HC.

    New OC : Sparano is lost.

    New STs coach: Westy is leaving anyway so time to get started with the new guy.

    New DC : is it rex's defense or is it Pettine.
    Tanny isn't the cap mgr. Ari Nissim is.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Tanny isn't the cap mgr. Ari Nissim is.
    Well that explains today.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Tanny isn't the cap mgr. Ari Nissim is.
    Is that like Pettine being the DC, LOL>

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    When the stadium is empty for remaining home games, concessions drop etc...perhaps Woody will listen.
    Screw Woody. He keeps screwing the fans. Screwed us with no stadium and putting idiots in charge. Stop going to the games and buying Jets crap. This guy will only act when the money dries up.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Well that explains today.
    Dump em all I say. Everyone goes!

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Dump em all I say. Everyone goes!
    Do you trust that Woody Johnson has the capability to hire football people to run this organization?

    I dont think he'd ever fire Rex because Rex keeps the JETS brand alive win or lose by acting brash and acting like a WWF wrestler bringing more attention to the JET brand.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Do you trust that Woody Johnson has the capability to hire football people to run this organization?

    I dont think he'd ever fire Rex because Rex keeps the JETS brand alive win or lose by acting brash and acting like a WWF wrestler bringing more attention to the JET brand.
    That's my fear and I stated that in the thread, "if you could get rid of 1 guy" or something titled like that.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    When the stadium is empty for remaining home games, concessions drop etc...perhaps Woody will listen.
    Did you forget something?

    Woody already has the fans' money(PSL's). That wouldn't have him bat an eye. The best time to do it is during the offseason when PSL's are being sold.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us