Thread: So what do you guys think of Philip Rivers?

So what do you guys think of Philip Rivers?

The Phail strip is in meltdown mode.

Always liked him. He's a douche but I think he can handle the NY media.

1st rounder for Rivers. Do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The Phail strip is in meltdown mode.

Always liked him. He's a douche but I think he can handle the NY media.

1st rounder for Rivers. Do it.

He's overrated and not a winner. Had a stacked team and choked everytime. Also, people are finally questioning his arm strength as I have for years. Heard Cowher talk about it today saying Rivers throws like a shot-putter.

Pass, friend Dimitri.

Hall Of Fame
    It will take at least a first rounder.

He is old-ish. You would almost have to get a proven WR to bring in to work with him. Doubt if he would have the patience for guys like Hill, Gates, etc.

We see plenty of young QBs playing well in the league now. They key is having a good coach to develop them.

Lets take a shot on one of these QBs coming out and pair him with a QB-friendly HC and OC.

Kills me to say it b.c I love Rex but he simply hasn't grown as a HC and he does not believe in offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

We already have that guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Kills me to say it b.c I love Rex but he simply hasn't grown as a HC and he does not believe in offense.
    Which MAY have been okay had he allowed for competent development of Sanchez. But instead he stayed with Schotty too long and looks like he will stay with Cavanaugh until the end. I still believe Sanchez could (have been) be a successful QB with the right teacher. Doesn't look like that will happen now.

Pains me to say it, but Rex may have squandered some of the more talented teams we've ever seen, and worse, our best QB prospect we've had in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Which MAY have been okay had he allowed for competent development of Sanchez. But instead he stayed with Schotty too long and looks like he will stay with Cavanaugh until the end. I still believe Sanchez could (have been) be a successful QB with the right teacher. Doesn't look like that will happen now.

Pains me to say it, but Rex may have squandered some of the more talented teams we've ever seen, and worse, our best QB prospect we've had in decades.
    Exactly how I feel. I've been saying it for a while now that Sanchez did not have a chance in NY. Terrible job of developing a young qb who was supposed to be your franchise QB.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think he's the most overrated sack o'crap in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

Say what you want about Mangini but he built a rock-solid team. With a veteran QB our 2009 and 2010 teams were 13-3 teams. We had a great roster from 2008-2010. Since, we have botched drafts, mishandled the FA frenzy and have not developed our young players.

Tanny and Rex proved to be a toxic mix. Tanny is a laissez-faire GM with personnel and Rex will take as much latitude as he is given. Other than Holmes, we have done nothing to improve the offense the past two years. Every player we replaced on offense has been with a downgrade.

I agree, I have no doubt Sanchez would have been a better player with an offensive coach but I am not sure how much better, he was a great prospect as you said. Some of his poor habits are very odd. I don't know whether to blame coaching or blame him. Maybe both.

All in all, we are cursed.

SOJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Better than Sanchez yes?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    This guy gets it! Even worse than Romo for being overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    This guy gets it! Even worse than Romo for being overrated.
    I actually think Romo is worse than Sanchez. At least Sanchez has some playoff wins. And Sanchez is pretty bad.