Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season's over

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Season's over

This team had 0 margin for error in winnable games this season and while it's possible to even end up 9-7, it's highly unlikely.

The quicker that Tebow is starting, the quicker that failure gets out of the way, the quicker a new GM and head coach can rebuild this franchise.

To me it's that simple. Sanchez needs to be moved to the bench and after next season when he's cuttable, released. He doesn't work in NY.

More attention needs payed to the offensive personnel. There's some young talent in place but we're looking at a 2-3 year rebuild that needs to happen and needs to take place under a viable NFL GM or at least somebody with the potential to be one like Kevin Abrams, the Assistant GM of the Giants.

You cannot force, if a young QB is acquired, that QB to go into the same situation as Sanchez. It needs to be a situation like Andrew Luck is in where essentially nothing is expected of the team.

That has killed Sanchez. That has killed this team.

Ground and Pound could work if your best offensive player is your RB. It's a joke to force it otherwise.

If you want justification for what I've said, you need to look no further than the schedule remaining:

Seahawks is a probable loss. That's the hardest place to play in the league.
    St. Louis could be a win, but if you can't stop the run Stephen Jackson will trample you.
    Pats is almost definitely a loss. 2nd time around is never good news against them.
    Cardinals are similar to St. Louis, but these toss up games are not even close to reliable. There's not a single spot you can point at on the Jets where they appear to be superior aside from Cromartie and Fitzgerald is almost uncoverable.
    Jags should be win.
    Chargers, again, toss up.
    Bills should be a win, but at this point.......

They're playing for draft position at this point. Every win is nearly a negative.

Even getting into the playoffs would have the Jets nearly entering in similar circumstances to Denver last year, more of a novelty for the media than a true threat. And this D and running game are miles from that one.

I could see Rex and Tannenbaum getting a pass due to injuries, but really, how much is enough? How long are we expected after the job that was done by these guys and their preferred QB and ushering in by the owner himself of Tebow and that circus show to stand by this?

That's probably the worst part about this. The Jets owner is proving to be awful. This Tebow thing is essentially an unmitigated disaster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol no.

Keep your panties on, k?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We go with the same performance in the second half, we wind up 6-10. Two games better, 8-8. Jets=DONE. Bring in Cowher or Chucky.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol no.

Keep your panties on, k?
    Didnt have you pegged for a KOOL AID drinker.......

Where are all the KOOL AID kids now?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol no.

Keep your panties on, k?
    Please refute me with something less cute and more relevant to football.

LOOK AT THE ROSTER.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    We go with the same performance in the second half, we wind up 6-10. Two games better, 8-8. Jets=DONE. Bring in Cowher or Chucky.
    My vote is for Gruden

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0ZlwDZJt6B...eshow-15-l.jpg

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    Wow more cleverness in the form of an animated gif without a single legitimate reason why this team can win a Super Bowl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team just doesn't seem to care. They are so lackadaisical it's not even funny. Sanchez at the press conference looks like he just doesn't give a shlt. Rex at the press conference was a fukcing joke.

THIS TEAM AND ORGANIZATION DOES NOT CARE!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The team just doesn't seem to care. They are so lackadaisical it's not even funny. Sanchez at the press conference looks like he just doesn't give a shlt. Rex at the press conference was a fukcing joke.

THIS TEAM AND ORGANIZATION DOES NOT CARE!
    Exhibit C (after the two press conferences):

Tim Tebow

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to say it's over because they could go 6-2 and finish 9-7 and make the playoffs. They could get hot and go on a run.

But yea, it's over. They don't really seem to have the ability to get their sh!t together. The QB is making killer mistakes and the roster overall just seems to have big holes everywhere.

Tough times.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    Seems to me that you have nothing to say about it, so you fall back to Gifs. Good way to dodge

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The AFC is pretty weak this year. Jets could get in the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 possibly.

I wouldn't bet on it, but it's simply too early to give up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    Seems to me that you have nothing to say about it, so you fall back to Gifs. Good way to dodge
    It's more of an issue that "die hard fans" can only see positives. Of course, most are blind.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    The AFC is pretty weak this year. Jets could get in the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 possibly.

I wouldn't bet on it, but it's simply too early to give up.
    I don't think anybody gets it:

You can't win a title or even go into a season with serious hopes for one unless your team is built properly and not band aided together and has players forced on it for the circus factor.

Since Tampa Bay's title in the 2002 season, every QB who has won a Super Bowl has been a Hall of Famer. This team is not built offensively either. Do the Giants utter lack of a decent secondary and the Pats continued dominance beside Jarrod Mayo and the funky bunch playing D for them every year not provide the evidence necessary for people?

THIS TEAM IS NOT BUILT TO DO ANYTHING MORE THAN THEY'VE DONE IN 2009 AND 2010 AND BOTH THOSE TEAMS HAD A GREAT RB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Didnt have you pegged for a KOOL AID drinker.......

Where are all the KOOL AID kids now?
    I'm not, lol. If you read some of my posts, you might realize I'm in the middle/lean realist.

This board is so silly sometimes. If you don't think the season is over, it's "ZOMG PUT DA KOOLAID DRANK DOWN, STUPID HOMER!1!!". If you think the season looks bleak, it's "OMG STUPID SOJF! DON'T YOU REALIZE WE'RE BOWL!?". This board is overrun by users who aren't willing to accept a middle ground.

Does the team look good? Not really, no. Has today really hurt us? Yes. Is the season over? Not by a long shot. We're coming up on a much easier second half of our season. At this point, just about everything is still possible (whether that be 5-11 or 10-6).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the season is over, needed this win big time and instead they decided not to even try. This team is so unlikable, bunch of scrubs with no heart

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    It's more of an issue that "die hard fans" can only see positives. Of course, most are blind.
    I see nothing but darkness in the Jets future, we are stuck with Mark, and the front office doesnt want to admit that they made a mistake with him, and an even bigger one with Tebow. They need to make some drastic changes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not, lol. If you read some of my posts, you might realize I'm in the middle/lean realist.

This board is so silly sometimes. If you don't think the season is over, it's "ZOMG PUT DA KOOLAID DRANK DOWN, STUPID HOMER!1!!". If you think the season looks bleak, it's "OMG STUPID SOJF! DON'T YOU REALIZE WE'RE BOWL!?". This board is overrun by users who aren't willing to accept a middle ground.

Does the team look good? Not really, no. Has today really hurt us? Yes. Is the season over? Not by a long shot. We're coming up on a much easier second half of our season. At this point, just about everything is still possible (whether that be 5-11 or 10-6).
    So you don't think a major rebuild on the offensive side of the ball and coaching staff is needed?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh-vah.