Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season's over

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Please refute me with something less cute and more relevant to football.

LOOK AT THE ROSTER.
    And look at the sidelines with the guys wearing the headsets too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you don't think a major rebuild on the offensive side of the ball and coaching staff is needed?
    I do. What I'm saying is that despite how mediocre our team is, we have the ability to play well at times and will have a rather favorable schedule the rest of the way.

I am neither SOJF or KOOL-AID DRINKER. I am simply part of CKC Nation; a nation which you all are mirin'.

Pendawg2McDawgLateral2Mogdawg.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We must rebuild... Our QB would not start for any team in the league. There are at least 25 teams out there where Greene would not be the starter. We have youth only at WR... Our LBs Scott, Thomas and Pace are all a liability in coverage and need to go. It is time to bring in a new regime. It all starts with a new GM... Sorry Tanny does not get a pass for this. He got his two coaches, rarely in the NFL do you get to pick a third. Not sure who makes sense for a GM outside of Polian. Can't say I am very informed about other front office personnel that would make sense. Finally, for the love of God, bring in a head coach with NFL head coaching experience, enough with these rookie head coaches already...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vah-oh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Vah-oh.
    Lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    We must rebuild... Our QB would not start for any team in the league. There are at least 25 teams out there where Greene would not be the starter. We have youth only at WR... Our LBs Scott, Thomas and Pace are all a liability in coverage and need to go. It is time to bring in a new regime. It all starts with a new GM... Sorry Tanny does not get a pass for this. He got his two coaches, rarely in the NFL do you get to pick a third. Not sure who makes sense for a GM outside of Polian. Can't say I am very informed about other front office personnel that would make sense. Finally, for the love of God, bring in a head coach with NFL head coaching experience, enough with these rookie head coaches already...
    Polian's track record is deceptive. You really don't want him at all. You see what kind of roster he assembled in Indy last year without Peyton?

How about the endless AFC Championship losses in Buffalo, never getting that "last guy."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am done watching them for the year at this point. What a sorry bunch of losers. It's sad because it's not even November and I'm done with em. No Hockey either Time to get on the wagon and get to the gym. I'm over it already

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polian's track record is deceptive. You really don't want him at all. You see what kind of roster he assembled in Indy last year without Peyton?

How about the endless AFC Championship losses in Buffalo, never getting that "last guy."
    I am open for anyone. It just seems that other than Parcells, we have never had a football guy running things... That is the curse, the genesis of our problems. The chips are stacked against us because we are letting unqualified people make decisions. In the history of this franchise, only three head coaches have had NFL Head Coaching experience prior to becoming the Jets coach. (Weeb, Kotite, Parcells) It is time we went with football people, evaluating talent and making the proper choices...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you don't think a major rebuild on the offensive side of the ball and coaching staff is needed?
    Every position should be battled for from this point forward... regardless of pedigree/accolades/payscale.

If you are not producing on the field then you ride the bench.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. That was a tough few hours.

So, no, absolutely not, the season is not over. Playoffs? Probably not. Just not realistic.

So there, now thats out there, its easier to accept what the team is going to have to do to get better.

Meanwhile, ill be rooting 110% for the Jets every week, with a new buffered expectations approach.

Go JETS!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see nothing but darkness in the Jets future, we are stuck with Mark, and the front office doesnt want to admit that they made a mistake with him, and an even bigger one with Tebow. They need to make some drastic changes.
    Correct!

jf

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Ok. That was a tough few hours.

So, no, absolutely not, the season is not over. Playoffs? Probably not. Just not realistic.

So there, now thats out there, its easier to accept what the team is going to have to do to get better.

Meanwhile, ill be rooting 110% for the Jets every week, with a new buffered expectations approach.

Go JETS!
    If you don't make the playoffs, each win is a negative since it lowers your draft slot. Not really disputable.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anybody gets it:

You can't win a title or even go into a season with serious hopes for one unless your team is built properly and not band aided together and has players forced on it for the circus factor.
    Rebuilding is much easier said than done. There are a lot of teams that have been rebuilding for 10 years+. There's talent on this roster, it's not the best team in the league but accepting nothing but the best team in the league is stupid.

Anybody can win the title, the playoffs are a single elimination tournament with random bounces and lucky breaks built into it. Just make the playoffs and play hard. That's all you can do. And you don't give up a shot at the playoffs until it's clear there's no chance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh it's over as far as getting to the SB but not for hee-haw hilarious football follies that this team will incur....bring out your paper bags and have fun!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather have Tanny & Rex canned

than slip into the playoffs at 9-7.....

They will still be nowhere near winning a title... I'm over the point of just squeaking in the playoffs for a wild card spot and getting knocked out.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    I see nothing but darkness in the Jets future, we are stuck with Mark, and the front office doesnt want to admit that they made a mistake with him, and an even bigger one with Tebow. They need to make some drastic changes.
    The organization didn't make a mistake with Mark. They made a mistake by surrounding the guy (who they drafted with the 5th overall pick) with a defensive-minded coach, a horrible offensive coordinator, and absolutely ZERO consistency with the WR corps. And then turn a gunslinger into a game manager with a crappy run game.

What the fukc did they expect?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    The organization didn't make a mistake with Mark. They made a mistake by surrounding the guy (who they drafted with the 5th overall pick) with a defensive-minded coach, a horrible offensive coordinator, and absolutely ZERO consistency with the WR corps. And then turn a gunslinger into a game manager with a crappy run game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Not bad............

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The real mistake the organization made was treating this guy like Joe Namath before he even played a game in 2009. Rex calling him "The Sanchize" in his press conferences and how he kept a rookie card of him in his house. What coach even says stuff like this???

They handed him the job right away, granted Kellen Clemens stunk, but it took them 4 years to get a decent backup QB...who besides Woody, no one in the whole organization cares for Tebow anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The team just doesn't seem to care. They are so lackadaisical it's not even funny. Sanchez at the press conference looks like he just doesn't give a shlt. Rex at the press conference was a fukcing joke.

THIS TEAM AND ORGANIZATION DOES NOT CARE!
    Not that I looked hard, but I just noticed that the Falcon logo is an F.