Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Season's over

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Please refute me with something less cute and more relevant to football.

    LOOK AT THE ROSTER.
    And look at the sidelines with the guys wearing the headsets too.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    So you don't think a major rebuild on the offensive side of the ball and coaching staff is needed?
    I do. What I'm saying is that despite how mediocre our team is, we have the ability to play well at times and will have a rather favorable schedule the rest of the way.

    I am neither SOJF or KOOL-AID DRINKER. I am simply part of CKC Nation; a nation which you all are mirin'.

    Pendawg2McDawgLateral2Mogdawg.

  3. #23
    We must rebuild... Our QB would not start for any team in the league. There are at least 25 teams out there where Greene would not be the starter. We have youth only at WR... Our LBs Scott, Thomas and Pace are all a liability in coverage and need to go. It is time to bring in a new regime. It all starts with a new GM... Sorry Tanny does not get a pass for this. He got his two coaches, rarely in the NFL do you get to pick a third. Not sure who makes sense for a GM outside of Polian. Can't say I am very informed about other front office personnel that would make sense. Finally, for the love of God, bring in a head coach with NFL head coaching experience, enough with these rookie head coaches already...

  4. #24

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Vah-oh.
    Lol

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    We must rebuild... Our QB would not start for any team in the league. There are at least 25 teams out there where Greene would not be the starter. We have youth only at WR... Our LBs Scott, Thomas and Pace are all a liability in coverage and need to go. It is time to bring in a new regime. It all starts with a new GM... Sorry Tanny does not get a pass for this. He got his two coaches, rarely in the NFL do you get to pick a third. Not sure who makes sense for a GM outside of Polian. Can't say I am very informed about other front office personnel that would make sense. Finally, for the love of God, bring in a head coach with NFL head coaching experience, enough with these rookie head coaches already...
    Polian's track record is deceptive. You really don't want him at all. You see what kind of roster he assembled in Indy last year without Peyton?

    How about the endless AFC Championship losses in Buffalo, never getting that "last guy."

  7. #27
    I am done watching them for the year at this point. What a sorry bunch of losers. It's sad because it's not even November and I'm done with em. No Hockey either Time to get on the wagon and get to the gym. I'm over it already

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Polian's track record is deceptive. You really don't want him at all. You see what kind of roster he assembled in Indy last year without Peyton?

    How about the endless AFC Championship losses in Buffalo, never getting that "last guy."
    I am open for anyone. It just seems that other than Parcells, we have never had a football guy running things... That is the curse, the genesis of our problems. The chips are stacked against us because we are letting unqualified people make decisions. In the history of this franchise, only three head coaches have had NFL Head Coaching experience prior to becoming the Jets coach. (Weeb, Kotite, Parcells) It is time we went with football people, evaluating talent and making the proper choices...

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    So you don't think a major rebuild on the offensive side of the ball and coaching staff is needed?
    Every position should be battled for from this point forward... regardless of pedigree/accolades/payscale.

    If you are not producing on the field then you ride the bench.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,841
    Ok. That was a tough few hours.

    So, no, absolutely not, the season is not over. Playoffs? Probably not. Just not realistic.

    So there, now thats out there, its easier to accept what the team is going to have to do to get better.

    Meanwhile, ill be rooting 110% for the Jets every week, with a new buffered expectations approach.

    Go JETS!

  11. #31
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northwest New Jersey
    Posts
    161
    I see nothing but darkness in the Jets future, we are stuck with Mark, and the front office doesnt want to admit that they made a mistake with him, and an even bigger one with Tebow. They need to make some drastic changes.
    Correct!


    jf

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Ok. That was a tough few hours.

    So, no, absolutely not, the season is not over. Playoffs? Probably not. Just not realistic.

    So there, now thats out there, its easier to accept what the team is going to have to do to get better.

    Meanwhile, ill be rooting 110% for the Jets every week, with a new buffered expectations approach.

    Go JETS!
    If you don't make the playoffs, each win is a negative since it lowers your draft slot. Not really disputable.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I don't think anybody gets it:

    You can't win a title or even go into a season with serious hopes for one unless your team is built properly and not band aided together and has players forced on it for the circus factor.
    Rebuilding is much easier said than done. There are a lot of teams that have been rebuilding for 10 years+. There's talent on this roster, it's not the best team in the league but accepting nothing but the best team in the league is stupid.

    Anybody can win the title, the playoffs are a single elimination tournament with random bounces and lucky breaks built into it. Just make the playoffs and play hard. That's all you can do. And you don't give up a shot at the playoffs until it's clear there's no chance.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,121
    oh it's over as far as getting to the SB but not for hee-haw hilarious football follies that this team will incur....bring out your paper bags and have fun!!!!

  15. #35

    I'd rather have Tanny & Rex canned

    than slip into the playoffs at 9-7.....

    They will still be nowhere near winning a title... I'm over the point of just squeaking in the playoffs for a wild card spot and getting knocked out.....

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    I see nothing but darkness in the Jets future, we are stuck with Mark, and the front office doesnt want to admit that they made a mistake with him, and an even bigger one with Tebow. They need to make some drastic changes.
    The organization didn't make a mistake with Mark. They made a mistake by surrounding the guy (who they drafted with the 5th overall pick) with a defensive-minded coach, a horrible offensive coordinator, and absolutely ZERO consistency with the WR corps. And then turn a gunslinger into a game manager with a crappy run game.

    What the fukc did they expect?

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    The organization didn't make a mistake with Mark. They made a mistake by surrounding the guy (who they drafted with the 5th overall pick) with a defensive-minded coach, a horrible offensive coordinator, and absolutely ZERO consistency with the WR corps. And then turn a gunslinger into a game manager with a crappy run game.

    What the fukc did they expect?

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,550
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    The organization didn't make a mistake with Mark. They made a mistake by surrounding the guy (who they drafted with the 5th overall pick) with a defensive-minded coach, a horrible offensive coordinator, and absolutely ZERO consistency with the WR corps. And then turn a gunslinger into a game manager with a crappy run game.

    What the fukc did they expect?
    Not bad............

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    The organization didn't make a mistake with Mark. They made a mistake by surrounding the guy (who they drafted with the 5th overall pick) with a defensive-minded coach, a horrible offensive coordinator, and absolutely ZERO consistency with the WR corps. And then turn a gunslinger into a game manager with a crappy run game.

    What the fukc did they expect?
    The real mistake the organization made was treating this guy like Joe Namath before he even played a game in 2009. Rex calling him "The Sanchize" in his press conferences and how he kept a rookie card of him in his house. What coach even says stuff like this???

    They handed him the job right away, granted Kellen Clemens stunk, but it took them 4 years to get a decent backup QB...who besides Woody, no one in the whole organization cares for Tebow anyway.

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The team just doesn't seem to care. They are so lackadaisical it's not even funny. Sanchez at the press conference looks like he just doesn't give a shlt. Rex at the press conference was a fukcing joke.

    THIS TEAM AND ORGANIZATION DOES NOT CARE!
    Not that I looked hard, but I just noticed that the Falcon logo is an F.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us