Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left in tbe 3rd quarter.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Had a good tailgate though... Only takeaway from today...
    I was out in the 3rd as well but had an awesome tailgate too. It's the only thing that makes this team bearable this year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    $125? You should feel happy. There was a Dolphins fan that sat two rows below me that said he paid $160 for his tickets to this game (and they're $125 seats...)
    That's $125 plus a stubhub fee....and he didn't have to pay for two garbage pre-season games!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen View Post
    That's $125 plus a stubhub fee....and he didn't have to pay for two garbage pre-season games!
    Maybe he paid $160 for the ticket plus the stubhub fee? Should've asked him for clarification on that, lol

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    We left in the third quarter for the first time ever today... Amazing how the team failed to show up. Division game before the bye, go 4-4 into the bye week with 6 of the 8 final games very winnable as of 12:59PM today. Now who knows if they can even go 7-9. WTF is what I say...

On the bright side Rex gave them off due to the storm. Should make those losers sleep in the facility....
    Dude, I was looking to drown my post-game sorrows in the buttered beef!!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Made it through the whole game ; by the fourth quarter, it was a MIAMI DOLPHIN PEP RALLY . As long as we don't buy the seats , any home field advantage is a thing of the past !!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I made it into the fourth, but the kids started getting ansty.

On the bright side, they won Bobbleheads on the scratch offs they gave us on the way out. Of course, when they insisted on stopping at PC Richards () to redeem them on the way home...they didnt have a single one in the store.

Only bright side was the five dollar buds and the flight crew girls hanging by the club entrances.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan knows nothing about Offensive football. Sparano may know even less.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ill be in NY for thanksgiving and my buddy has a free ticket for me. I texted him yesterday, "Give the ticket to somebody else. I have no interest in missing time with my family to watch this worthless team."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Ill be in NY for thanksgiving and my buddy has a free ticket for me. I texted him yesterday, "Give the ticket to somebody else. I have no interest in missing time with my family to watch this worthless team."
    +2 .. But what if they are 5-5 at that point ? and McElroy, Powell,Ellis and Davis are starting??
    Last edited by Dunnie; 10-29-2012 at 11:25 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worse feeling as a fan that you can have. Looking forward to the game all week, spend big money, put your life on hold for a day and the team lays a stinker. Walking out the other fans looking at you and yourself feeling guilty about leaving.

Flag, fans of every team have felt the same way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    I stopped watching at the end of the third quarter...and I NEVER do that. In fact, I wait all off season to watch the Jets, and normally watch every minute of every game.

I'm really surprised how little I care about this team. Either I'm getting old, or there's something really wrong.
    I didn't even make it to halftime. Kid was taking a nap and I wanted to actually enjoy the silence instead of torturing myself with this awful team, so I watched something else. The 49er game was the first time in 22 years I cut off a game, only to do it again a few weeks later.

Been contemplating the bold part since yesterday, wondering if I'm going to turn in to one of those fans who finds out how his team did the day after the game. I can't believe this godawful franchise is slowly killing my love for football...but it is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I didn't even make it to halftime. Kid was taking a nap and I wanted to actually enjoy the silence instead of torturing myself with this awful team, so I watched something else. The 49er game was the first time in 22 years I cut off a game, only to do it again a few weeks later.

Been contemplating the bold part since yesterday, wondering if I'm going to turn in to one of those fans who finds out how his team did the day after the game. I can't believe this godawful franchise is slowly killing my love for football...but it is.
    this sums it up perfectly...I feel exactly the same way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

And the absolute worse part of this is that the AFC is WIDEOPEN THIS YEAR!
    Only the Jets suck when getting to a superbowl is easiest & are good when 3 of the teams they needed to get by, The Pats, Colts, Steelers are absolute STUD teams!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Did it during the Kotite years..1st Kotite seaon it was late October..2nd season by the end of September..It's reaching that point again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I spent good money on great seats, 2nd row on the 50 behind Jets bench, two years ago at Gillette for the 45-3 massacre.

Last year was at Gillette, again great seats, for the Jets loss in NE.

This year made my first home game, against SF of course! Stayed the whole game obviously, but was extremely depressing.

My first game I went to was at the old Foxboro Stadium, when I was 12, it was the week after the Marino Fake Spike Game, which of course the Jets lost and was the beginning of a 4-32 period if I recall correctly.

I am dying to be able to see a win in person........don't know if it will happen though

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I left the gm in the 1st Quarter when the score was 10-0 with 2:00 mins left, after Sanchez fumble. I was outta there quick and PISSED!!! I knew the jets were goin to lose. I left the bar so fast i forgot to pay my tab which was 1 drink... Thats all i stayed for..