Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: BYE BYE Tony

  1. #1

    BYE BYE Tony

    Sparano needs to go-(like during the off week) he makes Shotty look like a genius. 2 out of every 3 first downs is opened by a run. Not defending Sanchez play but Sanchez is best rolling out (planned which I seems to rare in the "creative" Sparano O. Yes sanchez sucked today, so did special teams, the D, the O.

    Tebow is not the answer and do not know whether McE is either so its either get Sanchez to grow up fast or start planning for next year.

    Too bad we can't demote Rex to D coordinator/cheerleader but we have to start with Sparano.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    586
    I'm with you, he is unimpressive as a coordinator. Surprised we did not give Bill Callihan a chance as Offensive coordinator instead of losing him to another team.

  3. #3
    roll outs are for high school QB's

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,022
    Did u think we hired Don Coryall? Everyone here was faniliar w sparano from his miami days. Hes terrible. We all knew this.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,301
    Rex/Tanny hired Sparano b.c they wanted to de-emphasize the QB position. What did you guys expect out of him? Everything we used to say about his offense when he was in Miami was true. That wasn't changing b.c he came to the Jets.

  6. #6
    Run right.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New York NY
    Posts
    921
    Mark Sanchez is poison for offensive coordinators.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    I'm with you, he is unimpressive as a coordinator. Surprised we did not give Bill Callihan a chance as Offensive coordinator instead of losing him to another team.
    Callahan looked quite happy on the sidelines of the Dallas Cowboys today, as his team had a horrible day rushing the ball.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,347
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Callahan looked quite happy on the sidelines of the Dallas Cowboys today, as his team had a horrible day rushing the ball.
    Callahan was my choice for OC. He was familiar with the Jets players and Ryan as HC so what do we do we go out and Sparano (whom I now think is OK) and force the players to learn a totally new offense.....

    It is the Jets!!!!
    It is called not having a strategic plan..

  10. #10
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but I recall when Schotty called on Sanchez to throw the ball over 50 times in a loss last year it was considered a fire-able offense.

    Surely the same rule applies to Sparano.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Rex/Tanny hired Sparano b.c they wanted to de-emphasize the QB position. What did you guys expect out of him? Everything we used to say about his offense when he was in Miami was true. That wasn't changing b.c he came to the Jets.
    This is BS
    He can't make chicken out of chicken s*it
    Mark can't be trusted to throw the ball 50 times, that is the bottom line.
    We all hoped he would turn into a real NFL QB but each week with him is like ground hog day.
    Missed throws, bad decisions, fumbles & interceptions in the redzone.
    Shoddy had a great Oline, above average RBs, Holmes, Keller, Edwards, & a very good defense.
    We have NONE of that anymore & Sanchez can't carry a team for even one full quarter like the Staffords of the league.
    Not one player on that Jet sideline has one iota of confidence in his kid!
    Zero, it's over but Rex & Tanny are tied to him.

  12. #12

    Anyone notice how we ALWAYS blame the OC...

    Yet the Jets never have a QB that's worth a damn.. Other than one year of Penny and Vinny, what have they had the last 30+ years????

  13. #13
    He should have been fired at half-time
    Even the the dolphin fans are wondering why he still here

  14. #14

    advantage to a mid season coaching change

    Players would be forced to audition under game conditions for the "new "interim head or assistant coach

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers1 View Post
    He should have been fired at half-time
    Even the the dolphin fans are wondering why he still here
    It wasn't just the offense, blocked punt TD, blocked field goal, bad defense, all 3 phases were putrid

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us