Thread: Herm, Mangini, or Rex with this team?

Herm, Mangini, or Rex with this team?

if you had to pick to coach this team right now, being 3-5, who would you want. Herm, Mangini or Rex.

Herm. At least we get good press conferences and they would play inspired.

Waterboy
    Herm, of course; he'd probably fall for Tebow's act and let him run them well and truly into the ground from this point forward, ensuring the highest draft pick possible.

We also wouldn't feel a shred of guilt sending Herm packing at the end of the year along with the entirety of the FO.

Rex the reality he has done more with less.

I'll take the coach that has a 4-2 post season record.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Rex the reality he has done more with less.
    No he hasn't . Rex took over a young Mangini team playing the style of Defense he wanted, Drafted his QB to lead said team and added whatever he wanted when he wanted it.

Herm took over an aging Parcells team, in cap hell changed both schemes with all new coordinators and preceeded to make the playoffs his 1st 2 seasons going to the 2nd round in his 2nd yr. In his 4th yr,with his preferred starting QB back from injury and needing off season shoulder surgery, the Jets were 2 missed fgs away from going where Rex took the Jets and lost.

Rex needed a WR and they gaved him Holmes and Edwards. Herm wanted to keep his best WR and we allowed him to go to Washington in a contract squabble only to realize our mistake and bring that same receiver back when he could not.

Rex wanted a DT and they gave him Kris Jenkins but the DT that allowed Herm's defense to be top 5 in the league was allowed to go to Dallas in yet another contract squabble.

Rex Ryan was inabled,while Herman Edwards was underminded.

Rex Ryan is a solid DC. Herman Edwards was a HC.

Mangini brought in Jenkins I thought?

Herm plays to win the game!

I am tired of hearing about how Sanchez gives us the best chance to win the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Honestly...Mangini.

If he didn't lose his balls down the stretch in '08, he'd still be coaching this team.

Say what you want, but the team played hard for him and all of this bullsh*t blabbing from the players wouldn't be tolerated. He always stressed competition at every position as well. No playing favorites.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sufferingjetsfan View Post
    Herm plays to win the game!

I am tired of hearing about how Sanchez gives us the best chance to win the game.
    Yuo know,i could be wrong but in the 5 years Herm was the HC of the Jets, I don't remember too many games where we didn't have the opportunity going into the 4th quarter to win.

I know we lost a few in blowout fashion, not not too many. Herm was a HC. He was not an OC or a DC or a special teams coordinator. He oversaw the team and allowed the people to do what they were hired to do.

The man had his faults,but he was a HC.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Honestly...Mangini.

If he didn't lose his balls down the stretch in '08, he'd still be coaching this team.

Say what you want, but the team played hard for him and all of this bullsh*t blabbing from the players wouldn't be tolerated. He always stressed competition at every position as well. No playing favorites.
    Herm forced the Jets to do what Mangini didn't and what Rex apparently can't.

Give me what i want, or get rid of me.

They got rid of him and 2 HCs later,this team has no integrity .

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Herm forced the Jets to do what Mangini didn't and what Rex apparently can't.

Give me what i want, or get rid of me.

They got rid of him and 2 HCs later,this team has no integrity .
    Herm was an even bigger joke than Rex.

Took a stacked Parcells team and ran it straight into the f*cking ground.

Mangini took over arguably the least talented team in the league and made us respectable again. Also, is it a coincidence that the core of our '09 and '10 teams (Mangold, Revis, Jones, Faneca, Brick, Woody, Harris, etc) were brought in under Mangini's tenure? I think not.

All Pro

Mangini took over arguably the least talented team in the league and made us respectable again. Also, is it a coincidence that the core of our '09 and '10 teams (Mangold, Revis, Jones, Faneca, Brick, Woody, Harris, etc) were brought in under Mangini's tenure? I think not.
    There's nothing i can add to this.

Who was the HC of the STACKED Bill Parcells team that lost it's starting QB in and looked lost before Ray lucas made us look respectable.

That same STACKED Parcells team was given to Al Groh and what did he do with it.

By the way,the Last time the Jets sweep the Dolphins in a season i believe the Joker who coached them was Herman Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    if you had to pick to coach this team right now, being 3-5, who would you want. Herm, Mangini or Rex.
    Rex is the best Coach.

Mangini is the best talent evaluator. In hindsight I feel like he should have been given more time to develop all the talent he drafted.

I can tell you right now Mark Sanchez would not be QB if Mangini was here. So Im picking him right away.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Mangini brought in Jenkins I thought?
    Mangi had viable WRs and Farve and Chad as well as proven vets at most positions on D. Jenkins, Coleman, Ellis, Barton, Rhodes, Elam, even Law. Rex made some temp patches on D and went to 2 AFCCs with a very young O and very few proven vets. How good where guys like Pauha, Devito, Douglas, Lowery, and even Thomas Jones before Rex? That is laughable that people think Rex had more. What upgrades where made when he came here other then Scott? When Rex walked in the JETS lost a ton vets and they replaced then with a bunch of cheap FA and UFA.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    Mangini

In hindsight, Mangini was developing fine as a HC until Woody Johnson decided that he wanted Brett Favre to sell more Jets t shirts and jerseys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    No he hasn't . Rex took over a young Mangini team playing the style of Defense he wanted, Drafted his QB to lead said team and added whatever he wanted when he wanted it.

Herm took over an aging Parcells team, in cap hell changed both schemes with all new coordinators and preceeded to make the playoffs his 1st 2 seasons going to the 2nd round in his 2nd yr. In his 4th yr,with his preferred starting QB back from injury and needing off season shoulder surgery, the Jets were 2 missed fgs away from going where Rex took the Jets and lost.

Rex needed a WR and they gaved him Holmes and Edwards. Herm wanted to keep his best WR and we allowed him to go to Washington in a contract squabble only to realize our mistake and bring that same receiver back when he could not.

Rex wanted a DT and they gave him Kris Jenkins but the DT that allowed Herm's defense to be top 5 in the league was allowed to go to Dallas in yet another contract squabble.

Rex Ryan was inabled,while Herman Edwards was underminded.

Rex Ryan is a solid DC. Herman Edwards was a HC.
    I agree 100%

WHY DON'T FOLKS SEE THIS!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Stacked team!!! The team didn't even make the playoffs in the two years prior to him being named HC!!!

Good Grief