Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Peyton Manning

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Peyton Manning

    Back and better than ever.

    I can't believe so many wanted to pass on this guy in favor of Sanchez.

    Sucks that Eli and our ragtag front office cost us a golden opportunity.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many people on this board didn't want him.... LOL

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's the MVP so far this year.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,923
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Many people on this board didn't want him.... LOL
    Yep, I definitely didn't want him when he was a free agent. Looking back on it, that was pretty goddamn stupid, ey?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Many people on this board didn't want him.... LOL
    I love how the Jets were like, oh yea we're not interested in Peyton anymore.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I love how the Jets were like, oh yea we're not interested in Peyton anymore.
    We should have been begging Peyton to even consider but reality was, he took one look at this team, LOL'ed and basically gave us the finger. He wanted nothing to do with us

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We should have been begging Peyton to even consider but reality was, he took one look at this team, LOL'ed and basically gave us the finger. He wanted nothing to do with us
    Exactly, that's when they pulled they old ohhhh Mark Sanchez is our quarterback routine.

    Not interested in Peyton Manning... HA

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I love how the Jets were like, oh yea we're not interested in Peyton anymore.
    LOL

    Yeah, it was obvious that he wanted nothing to do with a goofball coach like Rex. Eli playing in NY probably screwed us as well.

    And not only did Peyton spurn us, but Tanny ends up giving Sanchez a bullsh*t extension as a makeup kiss on the cheek.

    It's so sad you can't help but laugh.

    LOL

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    Yeah, it was obvious that he wanted nothing to do with a goofball coach like Rex. Eli playing in NY probably screwed us as well.

    And not only did Peyton spurn us, but Tanny ends up giving Sanchez a bullsh*t extension as a makeup kiss on the cheek.

    It's so sad you can't help but laugh.

    LOL
    Peyton saw us for what we are: loudmouthed head coach, weak skill position players, D personnel not nearly as good as the scheme

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    He's the MVP so far this year.

    Let's not go that far, he's 4-3 and they still haven't beaten a team with a winning record so far. Short pass wise he looks great but he can't really throw deep from what I've watched this year.

    Matt Ryan would be my choice this year so far.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by estang74 View Post
    Matt Ryan would be my choice this year so far.
    And just a few weeks ago there were posters saying Sanchez is just as good if not better than Ryan.

    LOLZ

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mmhmm. Instead, we've got Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow.

    Try not to laugh.....or cry.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    He's the MVP so far this year.
    If Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning didn't exist, Matt Ryan would be in the conversation. But they do exist, so he's not...

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: In Peyton's last 4 games, he's completing 75.7 percent of his passes with 12 TD's and 1 INT. Pretty sure he's figured this thing out.

    @MoveTheSticks: P. Manning has completed over 70% of his passes 5 x's this yr. M. Sanchez has completed less than 50% of his passes 4 x's this yr.
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-28-2012 at 11:41 PM.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MoveTheSticks: In Peyton's last 4 games, he's completing 75.7 percent of his passes with 12 TD's and 1 INT. Pretty sure he's figured this thing out.
    With the same team Tebow was scoring 16 pts a game with. Now, all Jets fans want Tebow to play! It can't get much worse until Tebow plays. I am in favor of a QB coach change, maybe even a HC change at this point. I am not in favor of Tebow playing. The first step of removing this team from under the circus tent should be cutting Tebow and firing cavanaugh.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MoveTheSticks: In Peyton's last 4 games, he's completing 75.7 percent of his passes with 12 TD's and 1 INT. Pretty sure he's figured this thing out.
    Has a Jet QB ever had a stretch that good?

    What's funny is Peyton and Rodgers are so great their absolute worst games would be career highlights for Sanchez

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like
    No excuse, but the type of offense and coaching helps. Marvin Harrison lined up on Manning's right side for like 10 years. Some coaches know how to develop talent and create mismatches. Peyton was always going to be good, but Rodgers was developed by GB, good for them. The Jets could draft Luck and ruin him.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    No excuse, but the type of offense and coaching helps. Marvin Harrison lined up on Manning's right side for like 10 years. Some coaches know how to develop talent and create mismatches. Peyton was always going to be good, but Rodgers was developed by GB, good for them. The Jets could draft Luck and ruin him.
    Hard to totally rip the Jets though, they gave Sanchez #1 D and #1 running game his rookie year. Trust me when I say Stafford and Freeman would have killed for that type of support

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    998
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was no way he was ever going to come here. But man, he would have had a transformative effect on this team.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    There was no way he was ever going to come here. But man, he would have had a transformative effect on this team.
    We did what we could. For whatever reason, he made it known early on that this was not his destination

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us