Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We did what we could. For whatever reason, he made it known early on that this was not his destination
    Thus proving once again he's the smartest QB in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Hard to totally rip the Jets though, they gave Sanchez #1 D and #1 running game his rookie year. Trust me when I say Stafford and Freeman would have killed for that type of support
    This is where I totally disagree. I was at the Houston game and saw a young, gun slinger QB that had a passion for the game. Then they take him and have him throw and throw for 5 ints in the first game he ever played in that was cold and rainy. After that, they gave him a red, yellow, green wristband and basically nuetered him. If that was not enough, they taught him how to slide. That was all in the first year. They have a decent WR core and they bring in a malcontent in the 2nd year. They deal with it because he does not have to be the #1 WR. So they take the WR that he clearly has the most chemistry with and tell him to Fck off and give a big ass contract to a malcontent, release the other WR that is any good on the team, and it s a new set of WRs again. Keep in mind they do this while not drafting any offensive skill positions. They give him a terrible RT and a subpar running game with and aging defense and tell him to go win the game after they have been telling him don't screw up the game for two years.

I am telling you, this team would of screwed up Peyton Manning either time. straight out of the draft or this year. We would of probably got him injured with Wayne Hunter in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    No excuse, but the type of offense and coaching helps. Marvin Harrison lined up on Manning's right side for like 10 years. Some coaches know how to develop talent and create mismatches. Peyton was always going to be good, but Rodgers was developed by GB, good for them. The Jets could draft Luck and ruin him.
    Marvin Harrison would have had 20 catches a year with the Jets as Sanchez sailed all his pass far and wide, didn;t see him when he was wide open and got sacked or fumbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Marvin Harrison would have had 20 catches a year with the Jets as Sanchez sailed all his pass far and wide, didn;t see him when he was wide open and got sacked or fumbled.
    Did i say Sanchez would be Peyton Manning? My point is you don't just draft a QB and they become Aaron Rogers. He had to be developed. Franchise QBs are drafted, developed, and supported. This has been talked about at naseum by people like Dilfer and Steve Young. If Sanchez is a failure, the Jets are failures and have as much blame in it as Sanchez.