Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 108

Thread: Rex Gives Them 7 Days Off

  1. #21
    This new CBA can suck a big dick.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    This new CBA can suck a big dick.
    LOL
    Fair enough!

  3. #23
    @RichCimini: My column: Only thing more disturbing than #Jets performance was the way they reacted to it. http://t.co/CdCy0Noz

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    This is a big f*ckin joke!!!! Embarrased to be a Jets fan right now.

    Woody, I beg you I don't care how many contracts you have to eat. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE clean house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The sad part is that we forget that Woody is the actual cause of all of this. He LOVES Rex and the circus that it brings. Jets off for 7 days? Good, there will be article after article written about it keeping this 3-5 team relevant. Dont miss the next insane thing the JETS might do!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    LOL
    Fair enough!
    No, seriously. It sucks and I'm sure that the coaches hate the thing. Don't remember the specifics, but basically, it cut the number of preseason practice sessions in half, or something close to that. Severely limits the amount of full contact practices you can have in the preseason and regular season (think it's 1 per week during regular season ?) And now add this to it ? A freaking 20 something week work year for NFL players and now they basically get a 1 week mandatory vacation during the middle of it ?

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    The sad part is that we forget that Woody is the actual cause of all of this. He LOVES Rex and the circus that it brings. Jets off for 7 days? Good, there will be article after article written about it keeping this 3-5 team relevant. Dont miss the next insane thing the JETS might do!
    You know as much as I believe you are correct, a small part of me hopes that the same Woody Johnson that lost patience with Mangini during a season that was light years better than this current season, shows back up and makes the right call.

    While our two biggest rivals, the Pats and Giants, are the class of the league, we are a joke. We made Yahoo news for activating Hayden Smith. Smith who made zero impact but because he didnt play football in HS or college, yet is better than 4 players that we drafted, makes yahoo news.

    Wow!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    You know as much as I believe you are correct, a small part of me hopes that the same Woody Johnson that lost patience with Mangini during a season that was light years better than this current season, shows back up and makes the right call.

    While our two biggest rivals, the Pats and Giants, are the class of the league, we are a joke. We made Yahoo news for activating Hayden Smith. Smith who made zero impact but because he didnt play football in HS or college, yet is better than 4 players that we drafted, makes yahoo news.

    Wow!
    I'm with you until the Hayden Smith comment. He's a TE. None of those 4 players drafted were TEs. Cumberland was out injured so a TE was needed to be active.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    You know as much as I believe you are correct, a small part of me hopes that the same Woody Johnson that lost patience with Mangini during a season that was light years better than this current season, shows back up and makes the right call.

    While our two biggest rivals, the Pats and Giants, are the class of the league, we are a joke. We made Yahoo news for activating Hayden Smith. Smith who made zero impact but because he didnt play football in HS or college, yet is better than 4 players that we drafted, makes yahoo news.

    Wow!
    Wishful thinking if you believe Woody cares about winning as much as he cares about the back page.

    Think about it. How could Woody hire Mangini, then Rex? Seems like two pretty extreme philosophies. JETS fans are supposed to believe that the organization goes from tight lipped and avoids ever being on the back page and having relative success to what Rex and his circus brings by mistake?

    Mangini was fired quicker because he did nothing to add to the Woody Johnson way, selling the JETS brand. Didnt matter if Mangini was developing as a HC with a set back year or if he was asked to do the near impossible in coaching a HOF QB at the end of his career.

    In Woody Johnson's eyes, Mangini was fired more for being boring as he was for his ability to be an NFL HC.

    Bring in the clowns!

    Time to put some hot sauce on the Seahawks...........

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    No, seriously. It sucks and I'm sure that the coaches hate the thing. Don't remember the specifics, but basically, it cut the number of preseason practice sessions in half, or something close to that. Severely limits the amount of full contact practices you can have in the preseason and regular season (think it's 1 per week during regular season ?) And now add this to it ? A freaking 20 something week work year for NFL players and now they basically get a 1 week mandatory vacation during the middle of it ?
    No I fully agree with you, just another step toward flag football...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Wishful thinking if you believe Woody cares about winning as much as he cares about the back page.

    Think about it. How could Woody hire Mangini, then Rex? Seems like two pretty extreme philosophies. JETS fans are supposed to believe that the organization goes from tight lipped and avoids ever being on the back page and having relative success to what Rex and his circus brings by mistake?

    Mangini was fired quicker because he did nothing to add to the Woody Johnson way, selling the JETS brand. Didnt matter if Mangini was developing as a HC with a set back year or if he was asked to do the near impossible in coaching a HOF QB at the end of his career.

    In Woody Johnson's eyes, Mangini was fired more for being boring as he was for his ability to be an NFL HC.

    Bring in the clowns!

    Time to put some hot sauce on the Seahawks...........
    Plus to add to your point, Woody saw that 2008 collapse as ALL Mangini, when fans knew Favre (who was Woody's guy) deserved at least some of the blame.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Wishful thinking if you believe Woody cares about winning as much as he cares about the back page.

    Think about it. How could Woody hire Mangini, then Rex? Seems like two pretty extreme philosophies. JETS fans are supposed to believe that the organization goes from tight lipped and avoids ever being on the back page and having relative success to what Rex and his circus brings by mistake?

    :headshake:

    Oh gee, from one extreme to another !!!! And that confuses you ? It's not difficult to understand. One guy is seen as a complete hard ass (think Bobby Knight), ruffles feathers, has personnel issues, etc, doesn't work out. So, what do you do ? Go for someone different. You know, more laissez faire, the opposite end of the spectrum.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Wishful thinking if you believe Woody cares about winning as much as he cares about the back page.

    Think about it. How could Woody hire Mangini, then Rex? Seems like two pretty extreme philosophies. JETS fans are supposed to believe that the organization goes from tight lipped and avoids ever being on the back page and having relative success to what Rex and his circus brings by mistake?

    Mangini was fired quicker because he did nothing to add to the Woody Johnson way, selling the JETS brand. Didnt matter if Mangini was developing as a HC with a set back year or if he was asked to do the near impossible in coaching a HOF QB at the end of his career.

    In Woody Johnson's eyes, Mangini was fired more for being boring as he was for his ability to be an NFL HC.

    Bring in the clowns!

    Time to put some hot sauce on the Seahawks...........
    Question for you :

    Is Mangini a head coach in this league at the moment? No he isn't.

    So don't act like it was some big loss, because it wasn't.

    Rex, Mangina, Herm....THEY ALL SUCK DONG.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    Wow, this must be fake.

    "Hey guys, you just got your asses kicked. Let's enjoy a vacation instead of working and improving this mess called the Jets."

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Wow, this must be fake.

    "Hey guys, you just got your asses kicked. Let's enjoy a vacation instead of working and improving this mess called the Jets."
    LOL, what a joke

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    You know as much as I believe you are correct, a small part of me hopes that the same Woody Johnson that lost patience with Mangini during a season that was light years better than this current season, shows back up and makes the right call.

    While our two biggest rivals, the Pats and Giants, are the class of the league, we are a joke. We made Yahoo news for activating Hayden Smith. Smith who made zero impact but because he didnt play football in HS or college, yet is better than 4 players that we drafted, makes yahoo news.

    Wow!
    Think on this the team was never like this under Herm or Mangini!!! Truly Scary!!!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Think on this the team was never like this under Herm or Mangini!!! Truly Scary!!!
    Francesca must be licking his chops...

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Wishful thinking if you believe Woody cares about winning as much as he cares about the back page.

    Think about it. How could Woody hire Mangini, then Rex? Seems like two pretty extreme philosophies. JETS fans are supposed to believe that the organization goes from tight lipped and avoids ever being on the back page and having relative success to what Rex and his circus brings by mistake?

    Mangini was fired quicker because he did nothing to add to the Woody Johnson way, selling the JETS brand. Didnt matter if Mangini was developing as a HC with a set back year or if he was asked to do the near impossible in coaching a HOF QB at the end of his career.

    In Woody Johnson's eyes, Mangini was fired more for being boring as he was for his ability to be an NFL HC.

    Bring in the clowns!

    Time to put some hot sauce on the Seahawks...........
    People didn't get this at the time. This is why I said Mangini whom I didn't want to begin with deserved at least one more year.

    The key is the team has no organizational philosophy as to what type of team it wants to be and therefore it blows with the wind according to the dictates of the HC.....

    Contrast that with the Steelers or Giants or now the Pats (under Belichick), GB etc and see the difference. Those organizations have down years yes but they have an idea of who they want to be.

    We don't and it is disturbing

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Francesca must be licking his chops...
    Yes and Good Grief!!!!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Question for you :

    Is Mangini a head coach in this league at the moment? No he isn't.

    So don't act like it was some big loss, because it wasn't.

    Rex, Mangina, Herm....THEY ALL SUCK DONG.
    HEy, don't get me wrong, I don't think Mangini was the next coming without criticism, but we will never truly know, he was not a disaster and his philosophy was hard to question (hard work, keep your mouth shut, no nonsense, etc).

    I also believe that Mangini is not a HC, in part, by choice. I am sure that Mangini could have taken a job somewhere in the NFL as a position or defensive coordinator possibly beginning the process of moving up the ladder to NFL HC again. He didn't, took a commentator job so we will never really know. I also believe that some organizations are holding spy gate against him.

    None the less, Mangini was railroaded be Woody who saw dollar signs in the eyes of Brett Favre indirectly throwing his HC under the bus, knowing that an aging HOF QB, who wore out his welcome in the NFL is no recipe for success with a relatively new HC...........

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,793
    I understand Monday and Tuesday, especially b.c of the hurricane. You can stretch it to Wednesday b.c of the bye-week. But they need to be in there by Thursday the latest.

    This team is a joke. Have everyone take a bus trip to a "leadership training" and have the sleep consultants waiting for them when they get back. Seriously, teams must laugh at us when they hear this stuff.

    Soft. Soft. Soft.

    This team has no backbone.

    That, and Woody has ordered the installation of the Tebow offense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us