Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rex Gives Them 7 Days Off

Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    I lurked for two weeks before I joined but yes, he makes it very easy. He is my favorite poster because he is so entertaining.
    Fixed.

I don't believe anyone who CLAIMS they lurked for awhile WITHOUT Joining JI. I mean...it's not like you have to pay for membership here....

No. What really happened was you were surfing the net, found this forum, liked it after a couple of weeks, and decided to join. Simple.

[QUOTE=Vin;4669673]Fixed.

I don't believe anyone who CLAIMS they lurked for awhile WITHOUT Joining JI. I mean...it's not like you have to pay for membership here/QUOTE]

I lurked since around 2003 I think, which I mentioned in my introduce yourself thread. I've never posted on any message board in my life until I did on here in August.
    I just never felt like putting in the effort, and I certainly didn't want to get sucked into all the ridiculous Internet drama that goes on here. But I enjoyed lurking for the knowledge and entertainment, some of the guys here make me laugh my ass off.
    You may be correct regarding the other poster, but it is possible to lurk for a long time without posting.
    I guess I could be lying about all of this though, which would be very sad.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rex's Resort aka Florham Park.

People made fun of Herms BBQs. That was nothing compared to Resort Rex.
    WOW! There was Club Med and now Club Rex!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post

I lurked since around 2003 I think, which I mentioned in my introduce yourself thread. I've never posted on any message board in my life until I did on here in August.
    I just never felt like putting in the effort, and I certainly didn't want to get sucked into all the ridiculous Internet drama that goes on here. But I enjoyed lurking for the knowledge and entertainment, some of the guys here make me laugh my ass off.
    You may be correct regarding the other poster, but it is possible to lurk for a long time without posting.
    I guess I could be lying about all of this though, which would be very sad.

Point taken. However, I do believe it's also possible of what I originally stated regarding that guy.

BTW, if you signed up but didn't want to "get sucked into all the ridiculous Internet drama", you could simply NOT post and just read. No one will call you out or anything...(at least I don't think they will).

And anyway, you ended up signing up in the end and are now well embroiled in the "ridiculous Internet Drama that goes on here". You couldn't resist joining in, could you?
    Last edited by Vin; 10-30-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Jets get seven days off from football.. Not bad vacation for a 3-5 team! Right in themidddle of the season too.. They must be doin something right somewhere.. Not on the field i know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Point taken. However, I do believe it's also possible of what I originally stated regarding that guy.

BTW, if you signed up but didn't want to "get sucked into all the ridiculous Internet drama", you could simply NOT post and just read. No one will call you out or anything...(at least I don't think they will).
    You know, I had done this in the past, but forgot my username and pw. The account I have now I had signed up for in 2011 before, but didn't feel like posting until this August. I'm enjoying it now though, the hampur is the way

And anyway, you ended up signing up in the end and are now well embroiled in the "ridiculous Internet Drama that goes on here". You couldn't resist joining in, could you?
    Touche!
    Maybe one day I'll snap and let it all out.... I mean that SAR fella really gets me steamed...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What do the NFL rules mandate for bye weeks now?

Not to defend Rex, but I was under the impression a sizeable amount of time off was required by the league during the bye week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...erapproved-cba

Also, a bye week must include at least four consecutive days off, including Saturday.
    /endthread?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    NO! Give them THURS, FRI SAT SUN back on next Mon.

They had this past MON off and Tues too ( storm) then were gifted with WED. I guess we don't need the work! It will give the grand buffoon time to poll his assistant coaches on whats wrong! Didn't he do that a few weeks ago? I guess our team needed 7 days off for their magnificent effort against the Blowfish!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Rex gives 'em seven days off: EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The slumping Jets need work. But they're not going t... http://t.co/ecvtZhp7 #nyj
    You think rex would have learned by now. He has given a week off every time he gets the buy and the teamhas come out flat each time. Off the top off my hat i think the jets are 0 3.

Rex might as well give the Jets the whole season off at this rate.

Bewildered Beast
    Rex might as well give the Jets the whole season off at this rate.
    How often did your parents lock you in the closet?

With the likes of Ray Ray, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    How often did your parents lock you in the closet?
    What does that have to do with......HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    NO! Give them THURS, FRI SAT SUN back on next Mon.

They had this past MON off and Tues too ( storm) then were gifted with WED. I guess we don't need the work! It will give the grand buffoon time to poll his assistant coaches on whats wrong! Didn't he do that a few weeks ago? I guess our team needed 7 days off for their magnificent effort against the Blowfish!
    As Jetstream accurately states they were off Sunday too

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    But I thought they took the day off on Sunday.

I'm already chalking up the next game @ Seattle as a loss. Jets never win on West Coast - why not try something different and run practices in Seattle for 2 weeks prior to the game? UGH

Sanchez vs Seattle's aggressive D + Marshawn Lynch running all over our front 7 = 27-10 Seahawks

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They don't need extra practice. Sanchez is still the QB. It's been 3 1/2 seasons and he he can't flip the switch. An extra few days is not going to matter.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'm already chalking up the next game @ Seattle as a loss. Jets never win on West Coast - why not try something different and run practices in Seattle for 2 weeks prior to the game? UGH

Sanchez vs Seattle's aggressive D + Marshawn Lynch running all over our front 7 = 27-10 Seahawks
    Don't forget their Frankenstein CB's; both are 6'8".

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, it took 16 points, but finally, the one post in the thread with a clue.

I also think the hurricane had a lot to do with the decision.

But hey, let's not consider logic and common sense...
    If plaiege hscouldpractice mondaycorasaturday playoff gameagainst lynbook the jetscouldpractice starting thursday

I think the Jets can beat Seattle. Their offense isn't good.

It might be a low scoring game but if the Pats had any secondary, they would have won. This is the kind of game the Jets can win IMHO.